Backpackin's Multi Strain Grow - Darkstar - Lucy - White Rhino

re: Backpackin's Multi Strain Grow (Darkstar, Lucy, White Rhino)

I feel like high CBD's are the future of medicinal cannabis. A lot of the popular high CBD strains like Harlequin are already selling out on quite a few seed banks and the price on these strains has increased significantly. Once all the medicinal values of these strains are well known it will be impossible to find them at affordable prices. Just look at charlottes web. Good luck finding that strain anywhere.

Im trying to experiment with different CBD ratios and stock up on different varieties while I still can. I have family members with Bi Polar, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Lupus, Anxiety, and Cancer. Im running 3 different CBD strains currently. I have CBD Crew Critical Mass (5%CBD5%THC), Medicann Blue Blood (15%THC10%CBD), Medicann Bubba Kush (15%THC3%CBC. Based on what I've read the 1:1 ratio should be for chronic illnesses like lupus, arthritis, etc. The 2:1 THC/CBD would be most effective against cancer. The 3:1 THC/CBD would be good for mental diseases. At least that's my best guess. I learned a lot from cbdproject.org but there's still a lot of conflicting information out there.

I've never come across a strain with a really high CBD and really low THC. I'm curious to the benefits of that ratio. Any ideas yourself?

Really looking forward to this one :)

I do think high CBD strain's are the future of medical cannabis. I have a seed order coming soon and I did get one pack of seeds from CDB Crew called CBD shark. its supposed to have a 1:1 Ratio similar to your critical mass.

My wife has some anxiety issues along with a mood disorder, but does not like the high feeling that THC gives her. She will smoke and it makes her feel a little better sometimes, but high THC strains seem to make her anxiety worse. I have not personally smoked or tried a high CBD strain yet, but from what I was reading the high CBD cancel's out the high from THC and is a much more mellow relaxing type high.

CBD is known for its excellent anti-inflammatory properties It is also helps epilepsy,multiple sclerosis spasms, anxiety disorders, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, nausea, convulsion, as well as inhibiting cancer cell growth. There are like 85 cannabinoids found in cannabis so I am not sure if there are others that help these types of symptoms as well. I still think there is a ton of research that could still be done to find out more. Hopefully once cannabis is rescheduled more people will take up this research.

I live right on the Oregon/Washington border with a big cannabis scene in my area and I still hardly find high CBD strains around my area. Of course some of the dispensary's sell the bud, but not the clones. Most people enjoy the high that a THC strain gives them so there is not really a market for CBD, but for the people that actually need it I am sure it makes a world of difference.

Happy Tokerday Bp :thumb:
theres some nice higher cbd strains coming out

great info my wife to suffers whith alot of these same problem her last meds from pharma made her deathly ill and the worst leg cramps ever going to be stocking up asap on as many as i can get

I do think high CBD strain's are the future of medical cannabis. I have a seed order coming soon and I did get one pack of seeds from CDB Crew called CBD shark. its supposed to have a 1:1 Ratio similar to your critical mass. My wife has some anxiety issues along with a mood disorder, but does not like the high feeling that THC gives her. She will smoke and it makes her feel a little better sometimes, but high THC strains seem to make her anxiety worse. I have not personally smoked or tried a high CBD strain yet, but from what I was reading the high CBD cancel's out the high from THC and is a much more mellow relaxing type high. CBD is known for its excellent anti-inflammatory properties It is also helps epilepsy,multiple sclerosis spasms, anxiety disorders, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, nausea, convulsion, as well as inhibiting cancer cell growth. There are like 85 cannabinoids found in cannabis so I am not sure if there are others that help these types of symptoms as well. I still think there is a ton of research that could still be done to find out more. Hopefully once cannabis is rescheduled more people will take up this research. I live right on the Oregon/Washington border with a big cannabis scene in my area and I still hardly find high CBD strains around my area. Of course some of the dispensary's sell the bud, but not the clones. Most people enjoy the high that a THC strain gives them so there is not really a market for CBD, but for the people that actually need it I am sure it makes a world of difference.

Def looking forward to CBD Shark. Glad to see someone else experimenting with these strains. It's definitely a risk dedicating grow space to a strain that might not even get you high but the potential reward is so much greater IMO.

I've experienced giving cannabis to medical patients and witnesses the phenomenal results but in my area there's still a stigma that it's an illegal drug and being high just confirms that. I know ironic right? You take a medicine that not only treats your symptoms but also makes you feel happy and you feel like its wrong because society tells you it is.

If I'm able to offer an oil or capsule that alleviates their symptoms without getting them "high" I think it will feel more normal and acceptable.

I know exactly what you mean about high THC strains ,especially sativa dominant, causing paranoia which only increases anxiety. It happens to me occasionally but I'm mainly concerned with my mothers Bi Polar. Paranoia can be dangerous for her.

If I'm able to offer an oil or capsule that alleviates their symptoms without getting them "high" I think it will feel more normal and acceptable.

This is what I am going to do and see how it ends up working out. Gotta grow it out first and get it tested and that is going to take forever ha.

Re: Backpackin's Multi Strain Grow (Darkstar, Lucy, White Rhino)

Happy Weednsday Bp :thumb:

If only I lived in a state where I could test mine. I think a home testing kit would be genius. Hopefully someday. I've smoked for 15 years and I still don't trust my judgment. It always feels like a guess. Usually it's an accurate guess but I would still feel a lot more confident if I could see the actual test results of the buds I grow.

sub'd..i thought the roots weren't supposed to see light and those root masses are bursting out of those giant rockwools? You obviously have a handle on it looking at your fruits .. learned a bunch from ur journals :thumb: thanks for your time :cheer:

sub'd..i thought the roots weren't supposed to see light and those root masses are bursting out of those giant rockwools? You obviously have a handle on it looking at your fruits .. learned a bunch from ur journals :thumb: thanks for your time :cheer:

Welcome and thanks alot for the kind comment! I thought the roots were supposed to air prune themselves also. On my last grow they did not do this. This grow I added beneficial bacteria so I am not sure if that may have helped, but anyways they have not stopped growing lol.

Just thought I would throw up some updated pictures. I had to raise my light even higher which was a pain in the ass to do by myself! I was getting leaf bleaching and the tops of some of my buds look albino lol. To be honest I am not even sure what day these ladies are on. I forgot to record the day I switched to 12/12 and I keep second guessing myself. Rookie mistake since I would have liked to keep track, but anyhow I have started a personal grow journal book to keep tabs on water changes/ppm/ph etc to prevent this in the future.

unnamed_4_.jpg
unnamed_3_1.jpg

132411.jpg
123110.jpg

Critical Kush
321412.jpg

Super Skunk
23422.jpg

Here are some pic's of the seedlings currently 11 days since sprouting today
unnamed_1_.jpg
unnamed10.jpg

Here is the pic of that high CBD strain I was talking about earlier (supposedly)
unnamed_2_1.jpg

Anyways happy growing y'all and thanks for stoppin by!

Very Nice there Bp Happy Thurweed day :thumb:

Welcome and thanks alot for the kind comment! I thought the roots were supposed to air prune themselves also. On my last grow they did not do this. This grow I added beneficial bacteria so I am not sure if that may have helped, but anyways they have not stopped growing lol.

Ahh that sounds correct. How are u feeding these ladies? By hand or some kind of automated system? Also, you always seem to end up with a fairly even canopy. If you find some free time I'd love to see how your plants look after an LST session. Also, do u top or fim in veg? If so, when in the growing process do you these? Thx for ur time!

Ahh that sounds correct. How are u feeding these ladies? By hand or some kind of automated system? Also, you always seem to end up with a fairly even canopy. If you find some free time I'd love to see how your plants look after an LST session. Also, do u top or fim in veg? If so, when in the growing process do you these? Thx for ur time!

I run a flood/drain table hooked up to a timer with a 25 gallon reservoir which gets flooded 3 times a day (during light's on). I have not really messed with LST at all, but I do super crop all my plants that are starting to grow taller than the others. This helps slow down the growth allowing the others to catch up and helps produce big buds too. On these girls that I have currently in flower I topped them 3 times during veg (starting with the 3rd or 4th node) and super cropped all the way into early flowering like the first 3 weeks.

Ill post some pictures up when my seedlings get bigger during each stage when I top and super crop.

BP, your grows always impress me!

Happy Freeweed day Bp and a Chronic Weekend to you :thumb:

Thanks for the kind comment man! Ive seen you do some pretty impressive stuff myself!
Maybe so but you were & still are one of the members I payed attention to & learned from.

Back
Top Bottom