Bagseed DIY cabinet grow - Wonderberry - fall '09

It has been a while but I am finally back.

I had a little problem when my light went out. I was fortunate to be able to borrow a 1000 watt HPS from a friend.

I bought a digital timer and went into flower on new years day. My light schedule is dark from 9 a.m. until 9 p.m.. Annie has been removed from my cabinet as she turned out to be a he. I will post pics of him tomorrow as he is a great looking plant even being a boy. I am waiting for his pollen sacks to fill so that I can cross his bushiness with the Wonderberry. I plan to brush a small amount of pollen from Annie onto one low, small flower. Next grow I will start inbreeding the strain which I plan to call Oakleyberry.

The wonderberry triplets have bushed out and are covered in flowers which are covered in beautiful white pistils. Here are the pics:
1-12-10_1_.jpg

1-12-10_2_.jpg

1-12-10_3_.jpg

1-12-10_4_.jpg

1-12-10_5_.jpg

1-12-10_6_.jpg

1-12-10_7_.jpg

1-12-10_8_.jpg

I should be able to update regularly for the rest of this grow. Time to go smoke a bowl for now though. :rollit:

Some of you may have noticed the burnt leaves in the pictures from the previous post. This was due to my inattention leading to dry soil for a couple of days. This mixed with a 1000 watt HPS lead to the problem. Last night I flushed the soil of all three plants and hope to see some improvement tonight when the light turns back on.

I had promised pictures of Annie and finally have them. He will be crossed with the Wonderberry by brushing his pollen onto a few small lower flowers once the pollen sacks pop.
1-15-10_male_2_.jpg

1-15-10_male.jpg

Then I get to inbreed a new strain, Oakleyberry.

Last night when the light went on about fifty percent of the crunchy leaves had become hydrated again but the buckets all weighed about half of what they had an hour after flushing. I re watered them and am hoping that more of the leaves will be re hydrated when I open the door tonight. I also got another dryer duct so I will be hooking up the hood to the exhaust circuit.

Earlier today I was at Home Depot and found some potting soil for really cheap. I had been paying $6 a bag for Black Gold organic in 16 quart size bags. So when I saw this Kellog all natural soil in 3cu foot bags at $7.87 a bag I had to check it out.
The ingredients are as follows:

Composted forest Humus
Compost
Composted chicken manure
Worm castings
Kelp meal
Bat guano
Oyster and Dolomite limes

I plan to use this soil in my next grow possibly doing an experiment as to which is better: Black Gold or Kellog.

Today is day 22 of flower. Two nights ago the girls got fed. I can see some new growth in the areas that got burnt. The flowers are starting to fill in and are smelling extremely sweet. I wish I had a camera with macro mode so I could show you the trichs growing all over the trim leaves.

Here are some pictures from this morning before the light went out:
ladies_1-22-10.jpg
The three girls.

flowers_1-22-10.jpg
This is the plant in the front left in the picture above.

I guess I should have waited to post pics of Annie in the Plant of the Month contest as the top pollen sacs have become a dark deep purple in the last few days. Much darker than the light magenta seen before.

Here is a pic:
purple_pollen_sacs_Annie_1-27-10.jpg

I am hoping that this deep purple is dominant will show up in the F1 plants. That would make it much easier to breed this fantastic color into the Oakleyberry strain.

I will try to get some close up pics of the girls tomorrow morning as the trim leaves are becoming pretty frosty and the flowers are starting to put on some girth.

Time to :smokin:

:peace:

Hello Here To Learn, just went back on your grow and I have nothing but great things to say about it! You've got a bazillion tops going on and are on your way to an awesome harvest. I'm not the person for nute issues, but If your concerned, PM a grow expert like 420 Girl and ask her to take a look. That would be my suggestion. Other wise your doing fine. ++ Reps to you. I'll be checking back!

What ever happened to the white flies? Did they spread to the clones?

The white flies disappeared after the second application of soap/water mixture. I sprayed it liberally and then waited for about an hour before washing it off. I was kind of disappointed (I know, crazy) because I didn't get a chance to try out my Organicide.

I am not sure if the soap alone was the reason why they didn't come back as we did get some real cold weather after that.

If they come back around during the next grow I may do an experiment where I use soap mixture on some and Organicide on others to see which works better.

The white flies disappeared after the second application of soap/water mixture. I sprayed it liberally and then waited for about an hour before washing it off. I was kind of disappointed (I know, crazy) because I didn't get a chance to try out my Organicide.

I am not sure if the soap alone was the reason why they didn't come back as we did get some real cold weather after that.

If they come back around during the next grow I may do an experiment where I use soap mixture on some and Organicide on others to see which works better.

Hey I'm sure you would be perfectly happy to have that Organicide just take up a nice warm place on a shelf somewhere! Still sealed,LOL

Back
Top Bottom