TriangleCheese's Liberty Haze DIY Cabinet Grow

TriangleCheese

Greetings people,

I am here with my first journal. I used to post threads to veg and bloom cycle but this time I decided that it would be more helpful if I just make a complete journal. My plant is now in 5th week of vegetation. I was not able to take pictures before today so we will start with a multi-topped plant. I got more veg and topping to do so I think explaining the earlier process would be enough.

Some data about this grow;

-Strain: Liberty Haze (Barney's Farm)
-Container: 11 gal
-Soil: Biobizz Light Mix
-Nutrients: Advanced Nutrients Connoisseur Line with most of the bloom products
-Lights: 200W DIY LED, supported with 2x22W CFL's and for bloom there will be 2x additional 65W CFL's.
-Temp: Around 27-28 C
-RH: Around %60
-Ventilation: 4x generic desktop fans.
-Filters: Generic sheet carbon filter.
-Cabinet: DIY cabinet white interior paint.
-pH: I am not measuring pH in soil. I will measure in flowering. I got some vermiculite and perlite in soil so they help the maintenance of pH. I never had pH problems in soil for vegetation.

I used this cabin for my previous grow for K-Train and Shining Silver Haze. K-Train is great in every way but SSH is not as satisfying as the Super Silver Haze from GHS. I added an input fan just to make the plant shake a little and to obtain a proper ventilation. I started this grow in very hot weather but LED's and CFL's made it possible. I am very happy with Biobizz soil since it looks like very air-transparent.

I am used to AN nutrient line but I use them at %55-60 compared to the suggested dose. Advanced Nutrients are providing great results but they are hard to flush in my experience compared to Canna or Biobizz. Now I am watering plants with plain water and wait for a day. Then water them with a mild solution containing nutrients. It is good to moist the soil before feeding the roots with a nutrient solution.

I topped this plant multiple times. It will grow huge but I will switch apartments in a few weeks so I need to control the height. It is getting more bushy so I am glad that it has to go through a long vegetation, which means a thicker main branch, more nodes and more top colas.

So far everything looks very healthy. I am planning to go for a screen when I move into my new home. I will cut down everything below the screen and focus on the parts that have clear interaction with light.

I am planning the first flush a week before pre-flowering period. I haven't used too much nutrients so I won't be flushing this plant every 3 weeks. I did lots of cropping as well. I like to keep plants in stress along the vegetation period so I can release it from the stress in early flowering to get a great natural boost to improve root production and fast flowering.

I watered this plant from the outter rim of the container for the first 3 weeks. Roots always seek water. I saw that this short plant covered almost all of the soil with roots. I am now watering in a uniform way, with more water. You guys all should make your plants crave for water. My plant never stopped growing even when I topped it from 3 nodes in the same day. They can go crazy if the roots go crazy :)

So here are the pictures;
IMG_147235.JPG
IMG_147034.JPG
IMG_146836.JPG
IMG_146927.JPG
IMG_147129.JPG

Cheers guys. Blaze your blunts :blunt:

Subbed up, I'm still a rookie lol, I am on second grow, first grow went great but second grow is off to a rough start cause of rookie mistakes lol, I gave my seedlings nutes by accident, flowering nutes at that. Your plant is looking great, I like grows were the grower vegges for a while before flipping to flower. Best of luck to you.✌️

I moved into my new apartment and it took some time for the plant to adjust the new settings. It is looking cool now and I will switch to flowering in 2 weeks because I want to feed it hard for 2 weeks to fill the empty spaces around the screen. First day of SCROG so I will keep uploading photos for this process. I will increase the amount of light when I switch it to flowering. Here are some pictures after SCROG. I used to do LST so it will be my first SCROG grow and I am pretty excited about it. I hope I can get like 400 grams from a single plant.

Cheers :tokin:
IMG_156235.JPG
IMG_156130.JPG
IMG_156030.JPG

I am very patient with this plant. I will wait until she fills that scrog and then go for flowering for some extra height and preflowering for root rejuvunation. The soil had very light nutrients and I watered this plant mostly with water. I am after the best taste so I will keep feeding her minimum for the flowering as well. I am planning 4 flushes. I am sure I will get the best quality and taste but not sure about the yield. That is the reason I went for a scrog.

Hope all is well in your world.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Unfortunately I couldn't manage to move the plant to a larger grow room so this grow won't turn out to be a massive beast. I will upload photos and keep giving information but I am in a very busy period right now so I'll do that in 2 or 3 weeks when the grow will be over. I will complete this journal at least in text but I will try to post as many pictures as I can.

Cheers :cheer:

5th week of flowering and buds are finally showing up. Nice amount of trichomes and looking very potent even at this time. I did supercropping today and will backbuild the buds in 4-5 days. Nothing left under the screen so I got 13-14 main nodes that will yield probably 8-9 grams each. That means the yield is not quite satisfying but I think I will be amazed with the quality. I hear some Liberty Haze buds can reach %30 THC so that is my goal as well. Barney's Farm turned out great so far. I will check Pineapple Chunk and another Liberty Haze for my next grow.

Some info about flowering period;
Nutes:
-AN Connoisseur bloom line(%20 Part A with Nitrogen and %50-60 Part B which is PK dominant)
-VJ and Piranha for preflowering and first week of flowering (Full dose)
-AN Bud Candy, B52, Big Bud, Sensi Cal Mag, Sensizym, Bud Factor X (All at %50-%60 compared to suggested dose)
Method:
Cabinet definately needs a lot more light but I could not manage to do that. I will do some arrangements in following days. I am still washing the plant with plain water before I introduce nutrient solution. 2 flushes so far and I will flush for one more time at the end. I smoked some premature buds. I could not track a hint of nutrients in the flavour. Tastes mostly like grass but has some oily rezin flavour in it.

Here are some pictures from frosty buds. :cough:

IMG_205231.JPG
IMG_205132.JPG
IMG_205032.JPG
IMG_204933.JPG
IMG_204829.JPG
IMG_204734.JPG
IMG_204635.JPG

Almost done. In a few days I will smoke a little trashy part that I cut today (director's cut to taste :) ). If it turns out to be good after trimming and curing then the grow can be considered succesfull. I will share first comments with you guys. This week I will upload the final pictures of the grow hopefully. And later I will upload photos from harvest and a little amount of Charas that I will make. I will also share the smoke report for these 2 joints that will be made from the Charas.

IMG_219729.JPG

Today is the day for harvest. Plant is flushed for the last time and I have been feeding her with 2ml/l Advanced Nutrients Flawless Finish solutions. Before that I cut down Big Bud and switched for the Overdrive for the last 1.5 weeks. I don't like to use neither the Big Bud or Overdrive too much but all in all this grow used very minimal amounts of nutrients also considering the soil used. I will cut the plant in half an hour and share some detailed bud shots with you as well as my feeding schedule for each week.

Smoke report for the early cuts,

I didn't cure the early cuts properly but just let them dry in %55 RH. After 5-6 days of sitting and drying they tasted just OK with some sweet but not so strong aroma. I have never experienced such buzz with early crops from any other strains but this lady really produces high amounts of THC and I am very suprised to feel a buzz that strong. I can't wait to smoke the main buds.

I am moving from this apartment so I took these pics in a hurry. I will take better bud shoots in my new apartment after the buds stop drying and start curing. Besides taking too long, the harvest is OK for me. I think there is enough weed for me to smoke for 3 or 4 months. I will make a better grow with a grow tent for my next grow. Liberty Haze, Pineapple Chunk and exodus cheese will be my strains of choice.

IMG_228434.JPG
IMG_228531.JPG
IMG_228632.JPG
IMG_229029.JPG
IMG_228933.JPG
IMG_228729.JPG
IMG_228830.JPG

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal in Grow Journals in Progress

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you.

Back
Top Bottom