Bassman's 6th - RDWC - Hi-Defoliation Martian & Master Kush

Re: Bassman's 6th, BPN, RDWC, Hi-Defoliation, Hi-Yield Martian & Master Kush grow.

i don't think i like this defollation technique i like to grow the best plants and bud them when there 2 feet tall i cant see how takeing all the leafs off can help them grow that just me

Re: Bassman's 6th, BPN, RDWC, Hi-Defoliation, Hi-Yield Martian & Master Kush grow.

i don't think i like this defollation technique i like to grow the best plants and bud them when there 2 feet tall i cant see how takeing all the leafs off can help them grow that just me

Stick around and learn young padowan. My girls grow to 28" and yield 10 z's each

Edit: many people here defoliate. I'm not the first.

I feel you on those LED prices:thedoubletake: I would have 3 300w Advanced LEDs, instead of the 1 300w LED and the 600w HPS, but at around $800 a pop (for the 300w) it's hard to commit to the purchase. I probably will get them after the next couple grows because I enjoyed not having many environmental issues (heat) when I was just using LEDs.

Re: Bassman's 6th - Blue Planet Nutrients - RDWC - Hi-Defoliation Martian & Master Ku

Well, I took a look in at lights on just moments ago. My following opinion may yet change, depending on what happens in the end of course but here's my thoughts on Martian Kush:

Lower bud growth sucks. Overall bud growth is much lower than Master Kush. No pics right now, but every single flower in the Master Kush strain is further developed and no less than double the size of any Martian Kush flower. And the Master Kush that's fully 9" further away from the light that the Martian Kush will probably smoke the Martian for yield. And I already know the quality is good with the Master Kush.

So unless something drastic happens with the Martian Kush growth in the near future, I'll probably not grow this strain again. There's just too many good strains out there to settle for less. Off hand, and this is just a guess, I think I'll be lucky if I pull 6 oz per off the Martians. And I mean really lucky.

Oh well.

Re: Bassman's 6th - Blue Planet Nutrients - RDWC - Hi-Defoliation Martian & Master Ku

Very nice looking plants Bassman! I will look carefully at this in a few weeks when its time for me to do the end stretch defoliation.

I wish you could teleport those leaves to me. I'd make good use of them! :)

As for the lower development of the Martian Kush vs Master Kush. Remember it ain't over till the fat lady sings (or in this case until you bring scissor to stem).

LED's are good for baby's and clones in a veg set up but i like 1000 watt for buding i have 3 HPS with 30 plants growing 6" away from the lights air cooled make some nice buds i used LED's to bud when i first got them the yield was small only i LB from 4 LED's not so good so im back to hps lights

I wish you could teleport those leaves to me. I'd make good use of them! :)

What do you do with them?

What do you do with them?

Wondering the same thing. I have two 30 gallon (approx) totes full of fans that I am afraid to even put in trash can!

Wondering the same thing. I have two 30 gallon (approx) totes full of fans that I am afraid to even put in trash can!

I just stick mine in my trash can that gets picked up every week. It was double bagged, so you can't tell what is inside. I keep all my growing related garbage (ie anything from the basement) separate from my regular trash. I will put one bag of the risky stuff on top of the can right before I put the can in the alley. Luckily, my trash guy is pretty consistent with the time he come by, and I can see the can from my desk. They use one of those trucks with the arm that grabs the can, so the driver will never see anything. If the bag splits open and someone sees all the pot leaves at the landfill, they will not able to trace it back to me because it was all in a separate bag. I've only thrown away one bag of grow stuff so far, but I think my plan is pretty safe. I also compost here, so once the snow melts, I'll probably be adding all my waste to the compost pile.

That's good advice. I know eventually ill have to throw it out so I'm gonna use your advice make one bag and put it out right before they get here weekly.

Edit: what do you do with your old nute containers? I have a collection of them I need to stealth get rid of. Same thing as with the leaves you suggest?? At one bag per week I might have my nute/trim room cleaned up in a year :)

what do you do with your old nute containers? I have a collection of them I need to stealth get rid of. Same thing as with the leaves you suggest?? At one bag per week I might have my nute/trim room cleaned up in a year :)

You don't have to limit yourself to 1 bag. I only had one at the time. Throw out as many as you have room for. My can was also full enough that there was only room for the one bag anyway.

What I think is important is to make sure they are right on top or at the bottom. This will help make it harder to figure out where the bag came from. How would anyone know they all came from your can? Now if they are all mixed up in the can, it might make it obvious that the bags of leaves came with your other stuff. I really don't think anyone is gonna try to find a grower at the landfill, so this would be a worst case scenario. Probably the most important thing is to just make sure you keep the incriminating trash separate from your regular trash, ie no junk mail in the bags of leaves. ;)

My grow room is new, so now empties just yet, but I will use the same practice. Stick them in a trash bag, and toss the bag on the top of my can right before pickup. One thing I did notice when I disposed of that first bag is you can see through my bags! I was putting everything into one of the Hydrocorn bags. When it was full, I put that inside the other bag, so all you could see was the Hydrocorn bag. I just used the same white bags we use in the kitchen. I'll be getting some black bags that can't be seen through for the next batch of trash. You have so much it will take a year? wow! If it's empty nute bottles, smash them first so they take up less room. They are plastic, so perhaps you can recycle them?

If you come up with an easier and safe way to dispose of it, I'm all ears! I've had people suggest finding a dumpster in town, but then I have to drive around with the stuff in my car. I keep everything related to cannabis in my basement. If you walk into my house, you will not see, hear, or smell anything to suggest I even smoke, yet alone grow. :)

Okay I exaggerated a little but lol. Seems to me it'll take a hear but once I get down and cleaning there might be 7 or 8 bags of garbage (used rockwoll, nute containers, fan leaf trim, and cardboard boxes). Just have to motivate myself to clean it up!

I'd boil them fan leaf biiatches up in milk and get stoned!

INDIA STYLE!

:Namaste:

This works with leaves from veg and early flower that have no trichomes?

Just today, I asked the exact same question on Xlr8's brownie thread :)

Yes it does work with regular fan leaves only. Dosage needs to be dialed in depending on tolerance. I partake regularly but not every day and I got really intense effects from just a handful of fresh leaves (no idea on weight, have no scale).

A 'handful' sounds vague so I'll try to describe it better; if you took leaves in your hand and pressed it into a ball, that ball would be halfway between a golf ball and a tennis ball in size pressed in your hand, that's the amount I used for 'one dose' and to me it was prefect but intense. For someone who smokes every day maybe double it? I used leaves from a plant in veg btw.

Trichomes are just a part of the plant where the oily cannabinoids are most concentrated. The whole plant is psychoactive except for stems that have matured to a woody state, and maybe the roots as well.

If you follow my recipe and boil the leaves in water first you can use a shitload without bad taste or any green color in the finished milk.

Hey Bassman, question for you on the defoliation: When you remove all the foliage from the plant do they lose any ability to process nutes? I guess my question is geared more towards soil so not sure if you have experience with that, but if a plant that hasn't been plucked of leaves is being fed a certain amount of nutes, would that same plant possibly suffer nute burn if it was fed that same dose after it's been defoiled?
Danner

Hey Bassman, question for you on the defoliation: When you remove all the foliage from the plant do they lose any ability to process nutes? I guess my question is geared more towards soil so not sure if you have experience with that, but if a plant that hasn't been plucked of leaves is being fed a certain amount of nutes, would that same plant possibly suffer nute burn if it was fed that same dose after it's been defoiled?
Danner

Excellent question Danner! :thumb: Yes, inquiring minds want to know.

Not bassman here but I'm pretty sure the plant WILL be more prone to nute burn and other deficiencys. That's why bass and others suggest to get your feeding regimen and environment down before trying defoliation.

If you have a solid feeding regimen that your plants like, defoliation should not effect the plants negatively at all as long as you know that's what they want.

Sorry if this doesn't make sense. I'm sure bassman will have a much better explanation/wording than myself.

Back
Top Bottom