Bassman's 6th - RDWC - Hi-Defoliation Martian & Master Kush

Re: Bassman's 6th - Blue Planet Nutrients - RDWC - Hi-Defoliation Martian & Master Ku

Another rant and mini update.

Day 26 in Flower, day 32 in 12/12

Well I just took some pics, and my camera is now borked and won't upload to my computer. I have a cheap Olympus Stylus-7030 and use ib software to upload to computer. Tried updating the firmware but the camera is not found when plugged in. Yet it shows that the battery is charging. So who the hell knows.

Started the morning off topping of some water in the res. After letting it mix well, I calibrated my ph meter and ph is sitting at 5.77. Last week I calibrated my tds meter and today it's sitting at 897 ppm (1.794 e.c.) after the top off. I'm going to add at least a 2 gal Monster Bloom mix of BPN nutrients and take it from there. It's highly likely I'll be adding more later today as I expect the e.c. to be probably around 1.89 or 945ppm on .500 conversion meter.

Started stripping Master Kush #2 again. She's the taller of the two Master Kush ladies. Took quite a while as she had totally re-leafed from last weeks 21 day defoliation. I took 183 wet grams of leaf from her and put it in the freezer for inkdot's milk drink later. She's getting sticky, as they all are, and developing trichomes well. Didnt bend her anywhere, as I think she's fine in that regard. But I did some bending on Martian Kush #1, the bigger of the two.

Unfortunately, I have a bit of a dilemma with her (it's always something right?). She has a butt load of branches all in the middle and all the same canopy height. Many have been previously bent to some degree. The nodes are really tight on this girl and because of previous bends or nodes to tight, or nowhere to go, bending her is a bitch. This is going to make it really hard to lower her and thus lower the light to get more intensity to the shorter Master Kush #1 which actually looks like the most perfect plant top to bottom.

I also started putting up strands of string to support branches when they get heavy or I bend them over. This can be critical at times as it also supports the plants from falling over with all the weight from buds late in flower. Nothing worse then coming in after lights on and seeing one of your plants has fallen over, onto another plant, broken 5-6 big branches, just 2 weeks before harvest.

I also bit the bullet yesterday and ordered Holy Grail Kush seeds from the tood. Really looks like an awesome strain. Hoping to get a nice mother from those. I really don't want to give the tood any more of my business. I sent them an email today correcting my previous of no seeds germinating to 2 seeds of 6 getting there and they responded with: Hi there

We sell our seeds for souvenir purposes only and for storage in-case the laws change. We at 'The Attitude' are here to help, but we have our restrictions. We cannot, and will not discuss germination/yields/THC levels (etc.) of seeds, as it is ILLEGAL to germinate seeds in the United Kingdom and most countries and we cannot be seen to be promoting this. Unfortunately, E-mails may be ignored and remain unanswered if questions relate to the above and you may be refused a sale should you persist in requesting further information.

If I can get these mothers I want, they wont have to worry about refusing to allow my future purchases. There won't be any.

Well that's it for now, got 3 more girls to strip! Maybe a reboot of my computer in the meantime will solve the camera uploading issues.

More later.

Re: Bassman's 6th - Blue Planet Nutrients - RDWC - Hi-Defoliation Martian & Master Ku

ok so my USB was borked for the camera to be seen. Got it working now so here's some of todays pics.

More later as I keep stripping.

Master Kush #1
P21200011.JPG
P21200021.JPG
P21200031.JPG

Master Kush #2
P21200041.JPG
P2120005.JPG
P2120008.JPG
P2120008.JPG

A general view point of Master Kush #1 & Martian Kush behind her.
P2120006.JPG

Indeed northerner. Looks a bit thinner though after defoliating. But still pretty good growth.

Had to call it a day. Pulled another 1g bag of leaves. On the big girl it doesnt look like much really. Stll lots to remove, but also with so many dense branches it's hard to get in there. Many of the leaves dont have enough branch yet to yank either.

Adding the 2 gal mix at Monster Bloom amounts brought the ppm up to 1000 exactly and 2.0 e.c. More than I thought it would, but at what's probably a near perfect number for the gals.

Here's a few more pics I took earlier today:
Master Kush #1 before plucking:
P21200091.JPG
P21200101.JPG

And a couple of her flowers
P21200111.JPG
P21200131.JPG

Looking good bass!! Hey what ppm meter do you use? Don't have one myself and definitely shopping for one!

Looks wonderful in there Bassman!

Thanks guys. And many thanks for the reps!

The don of defol!
Doin his thang.
+reps
:thumb:

Thanks Vick!

Update:

Day 29 in Flower, Day 35 in 12/12

So getting to almost 1/2 way through flower.

Girls are drinking 3 gals+ per day. Sometimes around 4. Today I added 3.75 gals of water as a 3 gal full mix of monster bloom. Pushing the ppm back up to about 1050 @ .500 conversion. PH is hanging around 5.7-5.9 with little adjustment.

Master Kush is seemingly ahead of the Martian Kush in terms of flower size. I'm taking leaf near daily as they become large enough and develop stems I can grip. The smallest Master is 26-27" at top of four colas, the other is 33" or so, as are the Martians. Really uneven canopy but the short Master has great buds all the way to the bottom. Martian Kush, because it's so much bigger, has so many more leaves and hardest to defoliate because I can't get into them as well in the back of the tent, has much less lower bud growth by comparison.

Here's some pics at lights out with the help of some CFL lighting:
P21500021.JPG
P21500021.JPG
P21500031.JPG
P21500052.JPG
P21500061.JPG
P21500071.JPG
P21500102.JPG
P21500111.JPG
P2150012.JPG
P2150012.JPG
P2150013.JPG

Here's my little mini grow. 2L hempys, 5 Martian Kush, 2 Master Kush, under 685w LED. First week of flower.
P2150015.JPG

Hey Bass... Looking great! The close up night shots are awesome, the buds look so gooey ;-) Glad to see you're doing what you do. I'm sticking around bud ;-)

Hey thanks for the reps folks! But mostly, thanks for your support!

Looking great man! They are going to be fatting up real good now.:peace:

ty riddick.

After looking in today, I am actually concerned that the yield won't be there. I know the quality of Master Kush, and I know the strain well. The seeds not germing through me off, and as such made me add the Martians. This is a hindrance. I should have added two Kosher Kush seeds as they grow much more closely to Master Kush. Sometimes I just wonder why I didn't think it through better.

The plants are doing fine. But the damn Martians are so much taller, the light imbalance is nuts. And I almost have the Master Kush strain dialed in perfect! BAH!

On a good note, I have 4 Kosher Kush seeds popped. They will be getting transplanted to 5 gal buckets soon and start their veg and training period. I'm looking forward to those flowering after this grow.

Back
Top Bottom