Bassman's 6th - RDWC - Hi-Defoliation Martian & Master Kush

Re: Bassman's 6th - Blue Planet Nutrients - RDWC - Hi-Defoliation Martian & Master Ku

RDwc connects all the buckets and the water height is equal in them all. You can't rase individual buckets.

Re: Bassman's 6th - Blue Planet Nutrients - RDWC - Hi-Defoliation Martian & Master Ku

RDwc connects all the buckets and the water height is equal in them all. You can't rase individual buckets.

This is correct. And I use 1.5" pvc connections so the entire system is rigid as well. But very high flow rate. I found that with smaller 3/4" tubing, the roots would tend to clog the tubing and restrict the flow. Maintaining levels is much harder.

Had an insanely busy day away from home. Barely got to top of with plain water 10 mins before lights out. Only checked ph which was right at 5.9. I would guess I added about 3.5 gals of water.

This morning, I added about 1.5 gal of ro water 2.5 hrs after lights on. PH is 5.9 on freshly calibrated meter.

PPM after top off came in at 1000 or 2.0 e.c. on .500 conversion. Kinda interesting. A couple days ago I got the ppm to 1050-1070 or 2.1 e.c. Right where I have been thinking the optimal range is for these girls.

Now the theory is to get to a # where after 3 days, once topped off to fill line, and mixed completely (ro water with the nutrients in system), a minus 60 ppm is perfect. This says they are eating perfect, the mix is not too hot nor too light. If after the 3 days the ppm drop is MORE than 60, then the feed was too light. If after 3 days it's LESS than 60 ppm drop, the feed is too hot.

So I may be darn near perfect......BUT!>.....

I haven't been adding calmag+ the last week or so with my feedings. Part of trying to see if there is enough in the BPN 2 part, Liguid Blue, Seaweed, VitaBlue, mixed with my 0ppm ro water to not need it. But today I think I see deficiencies in the leaves. Easily solved, I added 20ml of calmag+ and I'll see how much that ups the ppm in a bit.

But this all still tells me I'm pretty close to perfect on my feeding. Not bad at all for being so imprecise. I don't ever know exactly how much water I added, it's just an educated guess. Then after a while of recirculating I take the ppm/tds readings from the topped off fill line. Based on the number I see, I determine if and how much of a 1, 2, 3 gal mix of nutrient the girls need. I take about a 1/2 gal of the nutrient out of the system in a big square tupperware wide mouth that I mix the nutrients in with. I add ml's based on my guess of what they need, usually in the 1-2gal mix area. mix it up, add it back to main res where it all recirculates and mixes up nicely. Then re-check 45 mins later.

Some good news from the tood!

My Holy Grail Kush will be here soon. Probably end of week. Looking forward to that and maybe a mother.

But I ALSO got a new email with the same order number as my bad Kosher Kush that didnt germ. Remember I kinda got a feeling of crapola customer service, not gonna do anything about it from them (and they are expensive!) response before. But I also sent them an email that 2 seeds finally did germ some 10 days later, so it wasnt all, just 4/6 that were junk. *that's when I got the don't ask, don't tell email from them on communicating about germination. But low and behold, I get todays email saying order dispatched and it's the same order number as those already rec'd and pfft germed Kosher Kush's!

So it looks like they are replacing them! It's probably my "one time" since they don't want to see emails on germination because of the UK laws and these being "novelty" seeds *cough*.

This sets me up nicely though and right along my plan. The idea is to have Kosher Kush, & Master Kush as 2 of possibly 4 strains but 3 for sure that I want to keep rotating. Holy Grail Kush (Kosher Kush x OG#18 cross) is the other strain I am hoping is the other awesome strain and 3rd to mother. If it all works out, I'll mother one of each. Take clones in rotation, and be harvesting once per month instead of once per 70 days.

Right now I have 4 Kosher kush germinated but not ready to transplant to dwc yet. They should get flipped about March 20th as a guess, about 7-10 days before this grow harvests. But I'll start vegging Holy Grail Kush about March 7th I think with plans to flip probably around April 15th-20th. And Master Kush gets flipped about 1 month behind that. All grows will be either 3-4 plants. I am still leaning to rebuild my rdwc system(s) (going to add one system) as 3 plants in flower rather than the current 4 plant grows and yield as much or maybe even more.

It's all theory at this point. But that's where I'm thinking to go with this.

Inkdots Indian Cannabis Milk drink:

Last nite, I took some trim with tiny popcorn larf out of the freezer (not dried) and made a batch of Bhang as it's called to try out on mom for her Alzheimer's.

Boiled water for just a couple mins over the leaves/trim/larf and let it steep for 10 mins. Strain out the water. Placed the material back in a pot, added heavy cream to just cover, mixed in about 1/3rd more milk. Added some Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Ginger powder, 100% maple syrup to sweeten. Stewed this under low heat, covered, stirring occasionally for 30-40 mins or so. Added some ghee about 1/2 way through. Took a couple little tastes to make sure it was sweet enough for flavor for her and palatable.

Strained it all through cheesecloth again and gave mom maybe 3-4 oz to try (warm). She liked the flavor, said it was a really nice interesting flavor. 45 mins later it didn't seem to have any effect yet and I was falling asleep. That was 3:45am. I wake up at 8:30 am, go downstairs and she's crashed out in her recliner where I left her 5 hrs ago. Looks like she hasn't moved from earlier. She wakes, and I ask her how long she's been there. She's not sure, thinks maybe one hour, but I can tell she's wasted! I even ask her if she's loaded. "OH YEA" she says.

lol, she's baked for sure.

This is good! I hate making her smoke as it makes her hack so hard. My cannabutter, just added to food hasn't seemed to have an effect, just melting it over her dinner.

But this drink seems like the thing! I have probably 16oz or so in the fridge. And since we know it's strong, I can probably dilute it 50% with milk, warm it up and she may have a weeks worth of treatment from it. We'll have to see on the dilution amount. Just a guess based on how wasted she is. Not trying to get her wasted, but if I get it to where I know it gets her a little high, than I'll know the thc/cbn/cbd's are treating the brain. This is a really good step forward for us and her treatment!

MANY MANY thanks to Inkdot! I'm hoping I can pass some reps to him, and I'm asking others to do the same for me and mom and pass him some!

Sounds nice, I am going to DWC my mothers. It seems the least expensive and easiest hydro method.:thumb:

Thoughts in advance:
I know your weather where you live Smoke. So it may not be too much of an issue. But water temps are so key to dwc imo. As a precaution, you may want to set your buckets into a 2nd larger container that you can "water bath" with and add ice jugs to without exposing the roots to the ice, but cool down the dwc still. I have to do this daily with the heat we get here. Even with the household AC on, just because of the bit of heat from the light, and the part of the house (vegging near the flower room), I can't keep the atmosphere temps low enough for the water to stay sub 70 without freezing out the entire house and incurring a monster elect bill. But adding a couple ice jugs to a water bath takes me 5 mins each day, and missing a day isnt an issue really.

I just know I don't want to even think about root rot on a mother from bad water temps. Just thought I'd throw that out there for ya to be aware of in case it becomes an issue.

Thanks for the review on the milk recipe I think I will give it a go for sure now! Thanks!

Edit: did you weigh up the trim you used? Also by leaves you mean fan leaves? What percentage of popcorn nig did you use roughly? Thanks!

Doc,
No I didn't weigh it. It was just trim leaves from a harvest, with the tiniest flowers that wouldn't be used for smoke. In a 1 gal freezer bag, maybe 1/2 full at most, not dry. At MOST 1/2 full. In a 10" saucepan, covered with water, certainly less than 1/2" deep.

As far as % of larfy popcorn it was probably 10% or less from this bag.

Inkdot did mention it doesnt have to be trim or trichome loaded material. He pretty much stated plain ole fan leaves are fine and using bud, "if you're crazy enough". Which indicates to me it's a potent drink with minimal amounts.

I have a MagicButter machine thingy on the way. It was a donation from someone here on 420 mag to help me treat mom. My thought is to use this in the future to make the drink. Might just be perfect for my needs.

Inkdots Indian Cannabis Milk drink:

Last nite, I took some trim with tiny popcorn larf out of the freezer (not dried) and made a batch of Bhang as it's called to try out on mom for her Alzheimer's.

Boiled water for just a couple mins over the leaves/trim/larf and let it steep for 10 mins. Strain out the water. Placed the material back in a pot, added heavy cream to just cover, mixed in about 1/3rd more milk. Added some Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Ginger powder, 100% maple syrup to sweeten. Stewed this under low heat, covered, stirring occasionally for 30-40 mins or so. Added some ghee about 1/2 way through. Took a couple little tastes to make sure it was sweet enough for flavor for her and palatable.

Strained it all through cheesecloth again and gave mom maybe 3-4 oz to try (warm). She liked the flavor, said it was a really nice interesting flavor. 45 mins later it didn't seem to have any effect yet and I was falling asleep. That was 3:45am. I wake up at 8:30 am, go downstairs and she's crashed out in her recliner where I left her 5 hrs ago. Looks like she hasn't moved from earlier. She wakes, and I ask her how long she's been there. She's not sure, thinks maybe one hour, but I can tell she's wasted! I even ask her if she's loaded. "OH YEA" she says.

lol, she's baked for sure.

This is good! I hate making her smoke as it makes her hack so hard. My cannabutter, just added to food hasn't seemed to have an effect, just melting it over her dinner.

But this drink seems like the thing! I have probably 16oz or so in the fridge. And since we know it's strong, I can probably dilute it 50% with milk, warm it up and she may have a weeks worth of treatment from it. We'll have to see on the dilution amount. Just a guess based on how wasted she is. Not trying to get her wasted, but if I get it to where I know it gets her a little high, than I'll know the thc/cbn/cbd's are treating the brain. This is a really good step forward for us and her treatment!

MANY MANY thanks to Inkdot! I'm hoping I can pass some reps to him, and I'm asking others to do the same for me and mom and pass him some!

:party:

Very glad the recipe works! Now I've tried it several times, once with 1/2 15% fat 'cooking cream' and 1/2 3% regular milk and it worked really good, just use a little more fluid, so there seems to be options for more low fat alternatives. But then I also simmered the milk for 1h 30 min but once you dial the temp right you can just leave it alone on the stove for longer.

In india they used buffalo milk from the farm, no idea on fat % but i think fatter than regular cow milk. The reason I used cream was that I wanted to make sure the medium never got saturated. Since cannabis material here is very precious I didn't want to waste anything. Back there you just kinda opened your door, walked about 60 feet. Cut some plants down, walked home and started cooking early in the morning. This was not an everyday thing unless in certain temples but rather used for special parties like weddings etc :)

Awesome it worked for mommy! Why don't you try the effects of more CBD rich fan leaves with no trichomes? I'd use fresh ones or if you already have some freezed.:allgood:

Also props for flavoring!

Another thing. You could try growing a CBD high strain along with your next batch of kushes and supplement every batch with 1/4 or so CBD rich bud/trim.

There are now many high CBD strains (greater than 5%) on the market, also with feminized seeds.

Another thing. You could try growing a CBD high strain along with your next batch of kushes and supplement every batch with 1/4 or so CBD rich bud/trim.

There are now many high CBD strains (greater than 5%) on the market, also with feminized seeds.

That's actually a helluva good idea. From my research, thc is still the primary ingredient for Alzheimer's treatment, but cbd's/cbn's play a part too. As we lnow, high thc strains tend to have lower cbd/cbn. So adding some strains with higher amounts could be a really good idea. I'll research it more in the coming months as I watch her progress.

wow, just fed mom. She had to get up to go to bathroom. She hadn't left her chair since I gave her the drink about 10 hrs ago. She was having a hard time walking, moreso than normal. So I help her of course. Then she say's "wow I'm dizzy".

So I guess I will really have to cut down to 1/2 or maybe even less on the drink.

Done :)

Inkdot did mention it doesnt have to be trim or trichome loaded material. He pretty much stated plain ole fan leaves are fine and using bud, "if you're crazy enough". Which indicates to me it's a potent drink with minimal amounts.

I recently used the leaves from my veg defol to make oil, similar to Xlr8's instructions, and made brownies with it. It definitely works. I can't really asses potency as this was my first experiment, but my impression is they were not very strong. For you, maybe mixing some veg leaf with your trim leaf will give you a nice balance. The plant material is supposed to have more of the CBC and CBD's, right?

I didn't realize you were producing meds for your mom. That's awesome. +reps for being a good son :Namaste:

Dropping some reps off. Things are sounding like they they are going well. :)

Done :)

I recently used the leaves from my veg defol to make oil, similar to Xlr8's instructions, and made brownies with it. It definitely works. I can't really asses potency as this was my first experiment, but my impression is they were not very strong. For you, maybe mixing some veg leaf with your trim leaf will give you a nice balance. The plant material is supposed to have more of the CBC and CBD's, right?

I didn't realize you were producing meds for your mom. That's awesome. +reps for being a good son :Namaste:

Thanks Hiker.

Yea that's why I grow. I don't personally partake anymore. Haven't in many years.

Hi Bassman, I've been going through the same thing with my mom for 6 years now........I'm sending you tons of strength but remember you must take care of yourself also !

Haven't updated in a few days. Not a lot to report. May do some pics and updates tomorrow afternoon.

Back
Top Bottom