Beccabuds 2022 Tiny Closet Triple Header: 2 Each Godfather OG, Extreme OG & Afgoo

Here's a couple close-ups taken with my USB microscope of a lower Godfather OG bud. Virtually no amber trichs yet. It's in a jar with some silica gel for a nice taste when it dries in a few days.

GOG20220723ar.jpg

GOG20220723br.jpg

GOG20220723cr.jpg

Time for some extremely interesting extreme close-ups of Extreme OG! Say THAT three times fast...
It's now week 8, 58 days into flowering. Today they got ultra-pure water with a 5mL/gallon dash of Sensi CAl-Mag Xtra and maybe a 1/3mL/gallon of pH Up. Gave each pot 500mL. Done with the Terpinator and Massive now, ready to "slide home". No amber trichs on this lower bud yet either.

EOG_20220728_184528r.jpg

ExtOG_220728185241r.jpg

ExtOG_220728185412411r.jpg

ExtOG_220728185717r.jpg

Here's a photo with the grow lights off, illuminated only with the phone's flash LED. Frost is in da house!

20220729_105827r.jpg
I love the lights off and flash in shots too! They always make the girls look the more beautiful

:woohoo: It's harvest day! 63 days total in flowering. This time no dark period beforehand. Going to hang the branches upside down for a week, then trim & jar, leaving the jars uncovered periodically to finish. Looks like it's going to be another good harvest around or over a half a pound. Found some nanners on the rear Extreme OG, so I may end up with some seeds. Maybe not a bad thing from the looks of the mom. Here's some final photos before, mid and after-chop.

Afgoo buds:
Afgoo_20220803_143756r.jpg
Afgoo_20220803_143818r.jpg

Godfather OG buds:
GodfatherOG_20220803_143843r.jpg
GodfatherOG_20220803_143936r.jpg

Extreme OG buds:
ExtremeOG_20220803_144000r.jpg
ExtremeOG20220803_144018r.jpg

Here's the whole harvest hanging to dry:

Harvest20220803_162941.jpg

Can't wait to sample each. They smell fantastic! I'll post the final weight after they've dryed. :thumb:

Thanks, @Timhomegrow
It's going to be interesting to compare the taste and potency with the last crop. Last time I grew in leached, highly amended miracle grow with a lot of chem ferts from General Hydro & Advanced Nutrients. This time FFOF with a bit of extra perlite, Geoflora, Massive & Terpinator (plus a bit of GH pH Up).

Just finished trimming the dried colas. They still need lots of drying and even more curing, but the photo shows the yield as of today. Included are some micrographs of the partly cured bud. I'm very happy with the yield but I think I can get more and plan to try soon! :yummy:

Harvest20220813_141216cr.jpg

Afgoo
Afgoo1weekCure_r.jpg

Godfather OG
GodfatherOG1weekCure_r.jpg

Extreme OG
ExtremeOG1weekCure_r.jpg

@Timhomegrow Yea, the Afgoo is much frostier, and it's more dank and more sticky. I've sampled the EOG and the GOG so far- the GOG is more potent than the EOG. Just put some Afgoo into the Silica Gel container so I'll get a taste of it tomorrow. I'm betting it will be the most potent.
@HappyHazmat88 Thinking about trying an autoflower as I have never grown one before. I have a seedstockers BCN Critical XXL auto and (5) DoSiDos auto seeds from Cali Seed Store. Probably going to grow the BCN Critical all by itself in a 10 gallon fabric pot. Never grown an XXL either!

Lol I think you'll find it fun .... Similar to a photo just less finicky with the lights and fairly quick growth.
I've never grown an xxl either... Are they really that much "bigger" ? I wonder lol

I think so too, HH88. I visited seedstockers dot com and found the seed. Looks like a beautiful plant and I think I'll try training it with my new scrog net. They say it does well in a 5 gallon pot, it should go ape in a 10 gallon fabric pot.

I dried some EOG in my diy silica gel desicator and tried it, and last night I put some Godfather in there to dry:
GOG_desicator.jpg

Dried GOG​
I just sampled one of the Godfather buds and it is stronger than the Extreme OG. One bowl of the EOG in my chamber pipe got me a nice energetic buzz while 2 hits of the GOG got me to the same state. I put some Afgoo in another desiccator and will sample it tomorrow:
Afgoo_desicator.jpg

Afgoo quick-drier​
I also rolled a Peoples Park Special out of the small frosty GOG leaves trimmed from the very top buds. Gonna need oxygen after smoking this fatty, lol:
20220813_184800.jpg

Just crunched some numbers for this grow and found some interesting coincidences. I used 60 days of 18 hour days for the veg electricity calculations, 60 days of 12 hour days for flower mode or 1080 hours veg and 720 hours flowering. My 2 lamps are each 200W each for a grow room total of 400W. I ran them at 40% during veg and 60% during flowering, or 160W veg/240W flower, or 0.16kW veg/0.24kW flower. Here's the cool part; kWh(veg) = 1080 hrs x 0.16kW = 172.8kWh. Likewise, kWh(flower) = 720 hrs x 0.24kW = 172.8kWh! Cool! So I used the same amount of power during flowering as I did during veg because I chose 40% power veg and 60% power flower. Nifty...
Anyway, I did these calculations because I wanted to see how much this crop cost. Note that grow room hardware such as lights, pots, fans, etc. are not included. Labor isn't included either as this is something I do for fun.
With the kilowatt/hours known I determined electricity cost around $160 here in PG&E land ($40/month), the two 1.5 cu. ft. bags of FFOF were $64, Geoflora Veg & Bloom added $60, plus $25 for misc Terpinator, Massive, pH Up, etc and the total comes to $309 for around 10 ounces or $31/ounce for gorgeous, fresh, top shelf bud. Probably get a couple more grows out of that soil, too. Not bad!

For the last week the harvest has been continuing to cure in the containers covered with paper towel to keep dust out without limiting evaporation. Just for kicks I weighed them again this evening. Each container has lost another 2 grams of water weight. With that it appears they are pretty much ready to cover and start daily burping. Afgoo is developing a very fruity bouquet, EOG has kind of a diesel bouquet and the GOG is kind of in between the two.
Final yield now is Afgoo 88g (3.11oz), EOG 88g (3.11oz), GOG 98g (3.46oz).
I started cleaning out the closet today and dumped a couple of the 4 gallons pots of soil back into the mixing tub. I have to say, the root mass with FFOF/Geoflora/Terp/Massive/Myco was very impressive. The plants were root bound though, and I'm sure that's limiting yield.

That pretty much does it for this Tiny Closet journal. I probably could have gotten even better results if I had more time to spend on the garden, but as is, all three varieties turned out very tasty and top shelf. Nothing left but to smoke my face off. :lot-o-toke:

I'm already thinking about the next grow, though and maybe a perpetual ongoing journal...

That pretty much does it for this Tiny Closet journal. I probably could have gotten even better results if I had more time to spend on the garden, but as is, all three varieties turned out very tasty and top shelf. Nothing left but to smoke my face off. :lot-o-toke:

I'm already thinking about the next grow, though and maybe a perpetual ongoing journal...
I just chopped mine today and already have 5 seeds soaking lol .... I realized from last grow to just jump on it so I don't have an empty tent.

But enjoy your break and I'll be looking forward to the next closet grow :headbanger:

Back
Top Bottom