Beccabuds 2022 Tiny Closet Triple Header: 2 Each Godfather OG, Extreme OG & Afgoo

Photo Phriday came a day early. Just confirmed the mystery seed is a girl and all the plants are showing baby flowers!
:woohoo:
Growing tips are 7 to 10 inches from the lamps which are set to 50% power each, 18 hours/day. Weather runs 80-82F @ 50-55%RH during the "day" and 74-75F @ 55-60%RH while they're sleeping.

20220519_164700cr.jpg

Front row Extreme OG, middle row Godfather OG, back row are 2 Afgoo and the mystery plant.

20220519_165218_dwarfGOG.jpg

This is the runt Godfather OG. It's small so it's going to be removed, possibly to the cacti tent.

20220519_165841_MysterySeed.jpg

The mystery seed. It will be moving to the other tent also.

20220519_165652_Afgoo.jpg

The Afgoo in the back corner is getting huge leaves.
Transplant is 8 days away. I'm thinking about leaving the lights on 18hours/day until June 1st so they can settle in and get over the transplant shock. That will make it real easy to track the weeks, too, lol. The smell in the closet is heavenly.

They were all dry and droopy this morning. I had enough pH'd & Terpinator'd water to give each plant 100mL, then filtered and treated another gallon. Did some weighing as I watered and found these so-called "1 Gallon" pots (actually 9/16 gallon) filled w/ FFOF are presently 31-32oz dry. Nice thing about using a scale to water is you can avoid overwatering. The smaller runt EOG weighed 40oz and isn't using water near as fast. If I'd watered it, it would have soggy roots.

Week 6.5 veg. They are getting dry again already this morning. I've been running the lamps at 50% power and it runs warmer in there when I do. I'd turn the exhaust fan up but for the out-of-balance impeller that gets really noisy about the time it gets to speeds needed for higher lamp output.
@VIVOSUN It was like this when I bought it but I've never been able to run it higher than ~20% because of the noise. Would you be willing to take care of this even though it has been some time since I bought it off Amazon?
Anyway, they were dry, so I sprayed the top soil in each pot with a sprayer to pre-wet it, then gave each 200mL water in slow 100mL increments. Used ultra pure water (tds 9, pH 4.3) and added 5mL/gallon Terpinator and 3mL pH Up resulting in a tds 260, pH 6.3 solution.
It was getting really crowded and I have room for only six 4-gallon pots, so I removed the Goose Egg, the runt GOG and the un-topped smallest EOG. I'd put them in the pvc/mylar tent but I don't have a activated carbon exhaust filter in it so they are going to get chopped. I have a lot of the Goose Egg seeds and I can buy more GOG & EOG seeds so I can grow any of them later if I want.

20220522_103532cr.jpg

Wednesday I mixed the perlite, Geoflora Bloom and Dynomyco into the FFOF in preparation for transplanting today into six 4-gallon buckets. Each of the buckets has plenty of 1/4" drainage holes and 4 rubber feet 1" tall to keep them out of the run-off water. Bottom 1" is perlite only for better drainage. One of the bags of FFOF was a lighter, reddish color and smelled weird compared to the first and I am a little concerned why the difference and how the plants will react. Had to open a third bag of FFOF to top off the last transplant's pot. That bag looked and smelled like the first one. Anyone else seen quality problems with Fox Farm's products? You can see the difference in the photo- the pots on the left and right have the lighter, redder soil.
Each pot got 500mL of Terpinator'd and pH'd water and will get another 500 tomorrow. Going to give them a few days to recover from the transplant, get the trellis net installed and then reduce the light period to 12 hours per day.

20220527_145102cr.jpg

Left 2 are Afgoo, center 2 are Godfather OG and the 2 on the right are Extreme OG​

Just finished installing the trellis net. A lot of work but a big improvement. 1/2" PVC would have been better but I had pipe and elbows already so I went with 3/4". Let the flowering commence! I've been decreasing the light cycle by 1 hour per day so on June 1 it will be 12 hours/day.

20220529_134107cr.jpg
Looking good!!
Yours look better, Tim. These genetics I'm growing are really stretchy. Hopefully they will fill in!

Just finished installing the trellis net. A lot of work but a big improvement. 1/2" PVC would have been better but I had pipe and elbows already so I went with 3/4". Let the flowering commence!

20220529_134107cr.jpg

Yours look better, Tim. These genetics I'm growing are really stretchy. Hopefully they will fill in!
One of my GSC is like that, just seems to happen sometimes, but the bud is what really matters :)

Went to water the plants and discovered the FFOF is contaminated with a yellow mushroom. A flush of them was just about ready to drop spores when I found them and pulled them out. There's another flush forming in the same pot and the pot behind it has a couple flushes developing.
Googling revealed they appear to be of the variety Leucocoprinus birnbaumii and are apparently pretty common. They are saprotrophic and not parasitic so I guess I'll just keep pulling up the mushrooms when they form so they can't spread spores everywhere. The mushrooms don't seem to have adversely effected the plants, which are doing well, filling in the trellis net and forming their first flowers. They are toxic to people, however, and cause gastric ulcers.

20220606_164722r.jpg

Leucocoprinus birnbaumii
20220606_164731r.jpg

20220606_173906r.jpg

Yesterday was Day 10 Flowering, 2 weeks since transplant and time for 1/3 cup of Geoflora Bloom in each pot. Broke up the top inch or so of soil in each pot and blended in the granules, then gave each plant 500mL of Terpinated, pH'd water via garden sprayer. Today I sprinkled about 1/8 tsp mycorrhizae over the soil in each pot and watered it in with another half liter of Terp'd, pH'd aqua.
Mushrooms showed up in both Afgoo pots Thursday and got pulled up. Four of six pots have them and the mushroom mycelium is so pungent it overpowers the cannabis fragrance in the closet. Wondering how it will impact the bud flavor and will it even be smokable. Hoping the myco and Geoflora microbes swamp out the Leucocoprinus mycelium.
All but one EOG are stretching like crazy and I had to top a few branches to get a more even canopy. Trellis net is pretty well completely filled in now. Running the lights at 75W each, 12 hr days. Still need to do some de-larfing after the canopy fills in some more.

20220611_143407cr.jpg

I'm pretty certain the 4 pots that are showing the mushrooms are the pots that have that second bag of odd smelling and appearing FFOF mixed in. They didn't pin (form mushrooms) until the soil started to get dry after first watering a couple weeks ago. They were also only pinning against the side of the pot, making them easy to pull up.

@Timhomegrow Yes, 20mL Terpinator/gallon of water, and will be adding 20mL Massive/Gal as well. Geoflora says it isn't needed but I have been adjusting the pH to 6.3 anyway.
I'm lucky with my tap water.. 10ml of Massive and 10ml of terp and its exactly 6.3 :)

Back
Top Bottom