Beccabuds 2022 Tiny Closet Triple Header: 2 Each Godfather OG, Extreme OG & Afgoo

Looking damn sweet! Wow. They’re happy. Great job Hope your having a wonderful weekend!
I had a great one but got lazy and had to prep a gallon of water w/ cal-mag & pH Up at the last minute Sunday.

As Tony the Tiger would say, “They look GREAT”.
They look even better now, and I swear I detected a skunk odor when I pulled back the curtain this afternoon. I think this weekend will be up-potting time. Today I moved the light up 4 inches (now 15" to top of canopy) and arranged the plants in the tray so they each have a little more room.

20220426_193312r.jpg

It's transplanting day! The Farmers Almanac says it's a good day for it, so I'm going for it. I had planned to just use my highly amended used soil, but yesterday, prepping for the move I watered each plant enough to get a couple hundred mL of run-off to test with my Hanna HI-9813-6. The pH wasn't too bothersome at 5.8, but the EC was through the roof at 6.2-6.3mS so there's build up of salts in the old potting mix. It could be leached with water to get rid of the salts but we are in a drought so I am going to use 3 parts new Fox Farms Ocean Forest potting soil with 1 part medium Perlite, blended with Geoflora Veg (1/8 cup/gallon) and some Mycorrhizae. Here are a couple pre-transplant photos.

20220429_084701cr.jpg

20220429_084722cr.jpg
20220429_085047cr.jpg

You can't see it in the first photo but they are looking pretty root-bound & anemic... toxic soil could not have been helping any.

Mischief managed... got them all repotted in fresh FFOF with plenty of perlite, Geoflora Veg and mycorrhizae, gave each plant 400mL of water (300 would have been enough) and they are happy as can be. :yummy:

20220429_153720cr.jpg

Front row is Extreme OG, middle is Godfather OG, 2 left rear are Afgoo, and Goose Egg is right rear.​

OMG, their all growing in great leaps and bounds! I gotta say, the advertised info on these strains seems suspect at best. The Godfather OG from DNA Crew looks nothing like the G OG from Weed Seeds Express that several people on the forum have or are growing, like @Timhomegrow. The Extreme OG from Mendocino Farms sure as heck doesn't look like a pure Indica either, in fact it looks to me to be a sativa dominant hybrid. The Afgoo looks more Sativa than Indica too. Ironically the only one that looks like it's mostly Indica is the mystery Goose Egg. None of them need water yet. They sure are growing fast, though. I was going to up-pot to 4 gallon buckets on the 27th or 28th, but I may have to move that up a week.

20220505_193542cr.jpg

One of the Godfather OGs was getting taller than the rest so it's getting LST and checking out some new San Pedro cuttings just potted today...

20220505_194440r.jpg

@Timhomegrow I'm using two Bestva Pro 2000W leds running at about 30% each right now, so about 120 Watts total output. I agree- they don't like the same genetics. Mine were breed by DNA Crew and appear to have different parents. Not only are my leaves narrower, but the plants are more stretchy too.
My light is 450w output and I have it at 100% right now, about 42k lux at the tip of the canopy. Perhaps they want more light and are stretching to it.

For about $30 usd, you can get a lux meter and know for sure

Light level is ok I think. The plants are 8" from the light so I can run lower power. Lamp needs to be moved up 4" today. I'd like to get an Apogee USB probe but can't justify the expense. I posted results of some testing I did on one of my lamps here. I've seen some negative reviews of the cheap lux meters out there. Have to say I trust the sensor on my Galaxy S6 more, lol.
Anyway, they needed water today so I started Terpinator at 5mL/gallon and adjusted the pH to 6.2 after adding it. Each plant got 300mL except bonzai GOG "E" which got 200mL. Also trimmed bottom 2 sets of feeder leaves and branches to allow easier watering.

20220508_143816cr.jpg

The plants are doing great. They seem to love the Geoflora. Yesterday I discovered springtails and/or possibly root aphids in the soil of the neighboring cacti so I drenched them all with SNS 203, which seems to have killed them. No sign at all of them in the cannabis pots (knock on wood) but I have more 203 if needed.

20220510_173545r.jpg

Family photo

20220510_173610cr.jpg

Right front Extreme OG

20220510_173642cr.jpg

Middle front Extreme OG

20220510_173706cr.jpg

Left front Extreme OG

20220510_173913cr.jpg

Mystery Goose Egg​

Yesterday I moved the cacti out so the cannabis will have more room. Dumped all the old soil out of the 30 gallon storage bin into 10 gallon fabric pots and put them out on the patio. That made room in the storage bin to get started mixing the new FFOF, perlite and myco. On May 25th the soil gets 2.5 cups of Geoflora Bloom and the best 6 get transplanted to 4 gallon pots Friday, May 27. May 27, as it turns out, is also a day recommended for transplanting by the Farmers Almanac.

20220515_102713r.jpg

Back
Top Bottom