Best strain for my medical condition

gazmufc

Hey folks

Last Yr I unfortunately took a bad neck injury. I've got a degraded disk in between my c5 and c6.. Horrendous pain like a shock wave coming from my neck into my shoulder blade, then into my shoulder, then onward down the outside of my left arm and into my finger tips. And it wud do that in slow motion, for literally 7 months. It was worst time of my life for sure.

Was off work, cudnt afford cannabis, (which really sucked) pills helped alot tho, and thankfully after 7 months my condition began to heal and I didn't require neck surgery. (thank god for that)
For the next 3 months only pain I felt was a bit of weakness in my arm, nothing I can't live with, I'm back at work and all good.
But last 3 weeks now I'm experiencing awful head pressure on left side of my head. If u push into ur head with ur fingers, that's what my head feels likes, I'm well pissed this has started happening. My doctor has told me it's coming form the nerves from my neck.
I can't understand how this is only happening now and not in the previous year. He has put me on strong medication which I don't like, thy don't seem to be having any effect. Il stick with them for another week or so to see. Il be coming off them if they don't improve me. But doc has told me I may have to deal with this for rest of my life. Now I now what chronic pain feels. Its awful. My injury has made me take control my cannabis need. It's nice now having my own supply. OK first run wasn't great, but il improve my drying and curing next run for sure.
My question is, what is best strain to help with nerve damage?
I know some are best for anxiety etc, but I've never heard of a strain that can help with nerve pain in the head.
Should I be injesting CBD as well?
I've heard it can help to heal.
There was me thinking I was on the Rd to recovery and now gotta deal with this shit. I know it cud be worse, and I'm greatful I can still earn. But my head has constant pressure now on the left side. It's sooo annoying.
Would really appreciate any advise, thanks folks.. 👍

Hello - lots of information in the Medical Marijuana section

Hope you get some relief

sorry to hear gazmufc,

Same boat - different lake…. chronic pain patient since 1999, ruptured disc lower spine L5-S1, degenerative disc disease, busted right rotator cuff, busted left rotator cuff, hit by car, chainsaw accident, various broken bones

CBD is thought to provide the entourage effect…. by itself it may or may not do anything worthy of notice but most chronically impacted peeps want the full suite of cannabinoids treating their symptoms

sorry to hear gazmufc,

Same boat - different lake…. chronic pain patient since 1999, ruptured disc lower spine L5-S1, degenerative disc disease, busted right rotator cuff, busted left rotator cuff, hit by car, chainsaw accident, various broken bones

CBD is thought to provide the entourage effect…. by itself it may or may not do anything worthy of notice but most chronically impacted peeps want the full suite of cannabinoids treating their symptoms
Awe man that sounds sore. I feel for u. They actually told me be greatful the disk problem is in my neck and not lumber spine. Apparently if u get it in lumber it really affects your ability to walk. The nerve in my head are on fire.. Such a poor choice of cannabis were I live, I've gotta grow it.. Do u find smoking it is better than Injesting FECO?
I'm gonna have to learn how to make the oil as well.

it’s all good, we each have unique burdens to carry…
Nothing beats smoking for speed of relief but oils & edibles can bump you higher and last longer…. at least for me.

I’m new grower and my garden skills are hit & miss. I’m on the road 9 months of year but I’d like enough jars of weed on standby that I didn’t feel risky making big batches of FECO & RSO.

I love to smoke but if I can get my most base meds via oils and then fine tune it with a few hits from a cone…. in other words reduce my combustion & vape intake!

yes sir well neck issues are nothing to sneeze at. I had a buddy at work that crinkled a neck disc and it was painful to watch him. He was great worker for years just wide open but after injury he could barely move his neck at all & had excruciating pain so he had to spin his chair or side step like a crab to see his team in meetings.

While waiting in orthopedic office or pain clinic I’ve talked with at least a dozen peeps who have had rods put in their spine. Only 2 of them said they would do it again.… I’ve only had 1 surgery (laminectomy) but won’t do another one. It helped immediately to eliminate pain & pressure but I re-injured / blew out the disc above & below my surgical site.

it’s all good, we each have unique burdens to carry…
Nothing beats smoking for speed of relief but oils & edibles can bump you higher and last longer…. at least for me.

I’m new grower and my garden skills are hit & miss. I’m on the road 9 months of year but I’d like enough jars of weed on standby that I didn’t feel risky making big batches of FECO & RSO.

I love to smoke but if I can get my most base meds via oils and then fine tune it with a few hits from a cone…. in other words reduce my combustion & vape intake!

yes sir well neck issues are nothing to sneeze at. I had a buddy at work that crinkled a neck disc and it was painful to watch him. He was great worker for years just wide open but after injury he could barely move his neck at all & had excruciating pain so he had to spin his chair or side step like a crab to see his team in meetings.

While waiting in orthopedic office or pain clinic I’ve talked with at least a dozen peeps Ayrhey Butler,
Thanks for commenting. I will have to learn how to make them. Any good recipes for me or docs for me to watch?

who have had rods put in their spine. Only 2 of them said they would do it again.… I’ve only had 1 surgery (laminectomy) but won’t do another one. It helped immediately to eliminate pain & pressure but I re-injured / blew out the disc above & below my surgical site.
Gosh bro that sounds harsh. I'm actually in hospital at the moment getting CT done on my head. Just to be sure the headaches I'm getting arnt being caused by anything else.

Ya my gardening skills have got to improve on my next run. Especially the drying and curing. Temps in my tent got wayy to warm during the dry. Thanks for extra info. Been a real good help, il have to learn how to make} @.. 👍

Hi pal if u live in uk u can get cbd oil from pharmacists ask your doctor my neighbour has nerve damage and got prescribed it for free he had a leaflet in the post
Alright mate

I'm not to far from ya pal, across the pond in Ireland. Il defo be getting some cbd next pay check. I don't think I can get it on medical card but il defo try. Thanks for the feedback... 👍

Hey, butler thanks for the comment.
Could you recommend any good video or links for learning how to make them?

sorry, i didn't notice the post til now. i mostly make things from infused oils. i use the instant pot method.
i make a couple different body lotions for targeting pain and inflammation problems, and a vegetable glycerin tincture for an general cbd or thc hit.

just follow the links if you want to learn more.

Is there a way I can save this thread? Been going through the different tabs. Wanna be able to come back to it.

Got it lol
Have it saved now, thanks again guys. Love this community.... 👍

Hey @gazmufc, sorry to hear about what you're going through. I think cannabis can help... you just need to dial in the right plants to grow, the right combinations of THC & CBD, indica vs. sativa, and DOSE... dose is hugely important.

How's life in Ireland? My great grandmother was born in Dublin, and my grandmother (mum) was from Wigan, England. Mum turned me on to Guinness Stout... my favorite beer 🍻

This is all right up my alley... I grow both THC and CBD plants, both indica and sativa, and carefully experiment with blending the buds in my grinder, and vaping. Since I've been growing CBD plants, I don't buy CBD oil anymore... I just vape the buds.

I recommend a strong indica-dominant THC bud, coupled with a CBD bud. The CBD will tone down the psychoactive effects of the THC, allowing you to dose up more on both. In turn, the THC will "turn up the volume" on CBD's therapeutic effects (pain relief, anti-inflammatory, etc). You can try whatever ratio of THC bud to CBD bud that works for you. I like a 50:50. Some people who are sensitive to THC use a lot less. My experience with this blend is an amazing, healing body high. It feels like an internal energy-body massage... like energy channels in your body are being opened up, re-wired, filled with light. It's the perfect thing to accompany doing some stretching, getting body massage, yoga, etc. My experience is that pain becomes a sensation to be explored and worked with... and released. (I'm not in a lot of pain, but I do get aches and pains, mostly in my neck muscles.)

The above mix will likely be experienced as sedative, so best not done when you need to be active and alert. If you use a sativa-dominant THC bud, or a hybrid 50:50 indica/sativa bud, you'll have a more energized feeling. I've experimented with a sativa-dominant THC bud mixed with a CBD bud, and found this mix to be the most intense in terms of amplifying the effects of the CBD. It's like CBD plugged into an electric outlet. ⚡

Lastly, I also grow a CBG plant... it's around 14% CBG and has little to no CBD or THC. She's a very unique plant! The great news is that CBG has very good pain relieving potential... I am still experimenting with it, and have been very impressed.

If you'd like tips on particular varieties, I'm happy to answer.

take care & happy growing! ☘️

Wife has similar degenerative nerve pressure problem with her neck and for me it is my lower back. Trying to give you a specific genetic is near impossible. Is it a spasmed muscle causing pressure, fluid build up, neuro pathway? You need to look at the cause of the symptom then choose a strain that has a sympathetic effect. The second issue is how a strain effects you is based on several factors like your genetics and method of ingestion. If my back is seriously hurting I use Thai. Mowi or lambs bread for daily pain, but Thai makes my wifes neck start hurting. Jack Herer is her go to for serious pain but for me it has little effect.

I agree with CBDHemp808 on the CBD,CBG entourage effect. I would suggest starting with Jack Herer vs some extremes and find what works. Jack is a 50/50ish dom, with mid THC, high CBD, CBG, and full terpene profile. Compare that to a widow strain with more THC and CBD but less CBG for example. Early harvest Jack has lower THC but higher CBG. You have to experiment to dial in what works for you.

Hey guys, I've been on holidays this past 2 weeks, just getting back here now. 2 great posts guys thanks very much. Yous have provided me with a wealth of information. Very interesting about the injesting methods, ive so much to learn yet. I hear what yous say about being experimental. At least now I have all the gear to start to start growing my own.

The worst pain for me is the weakness that radiates from my neck, into my shoulder and then down my arm.
It does that motion in abiut 2 seconds, and leaves my left arm feeling weak!,
Sometimes if I go to push something, or pull towards me with my left arm the same weakness can kick in. Thankfully it doesn't happen everyday, I get the odd spasam as well in my traps muscle, and skin tremors, the skin around my shoulder will start hopping! It's the least annoying tho.

I got very little information from the Nero surgeons when I had my consultation.
They were more a less like, " be very happy u don't need surgery" , any weakness u feel now in ur arm or neck may or may not go away in the coming years, get out and Close the door on ur way out kinda thing lol

I actually am glad I avoided surgery, if I was as bad as I was in the first 6 month's I defo wud of had to get it done. Its pitty here it's such small town I live in u don't get a choice of strains. Its just what ever the dealer has. It can be hit or miss. At least now I've some beans popped. I should of came and asked for advice before getting the seeds. Oh well next time il defo be ording Jack herrer. For now I've got 2x grillia zkittles, 1 banan punch, and amnesia zkittles from fast buds. Their auots so won't be that long before a can order more seeds.

This is a great post here now with the right folks here that I need. Hope yous don't mind me coming back for any extra tips. Now for fun part to get to harvest so I can get to work on making my own meds.

Alright gaz.
Congrats popping them beans and getting it all started.
I know how bad the street weed can be in the UK and expensive, so it's the best way to go to get decent meds.

You've got some nice auto strains there...Are you going to do a diary?
I've got some fastbud genetics going at the moment over in the auto section of the magazine. Come over and take a look if you want.
If you've got any questions I'll help you out buddie, or point you to the right person.
Good luck.
Oh and I hope mufc do Liverpool later tonight as Well. :thumb:

You may need a wider entourage than any one strain can offer. You may find one strain helps the muscle spasm and another helps the shooting pain. You may find a hybrid mix to help both or the hybrid could not work for either problem. The simple solution that a lot of people overlook is drop a bud of each into a grinder to make a custom blend.

Also when you harvest, determines what you harvest. Cannabinoids are being created and converted all through flowing. If you harvest a plant once a week over three weeks you will have 3 different cannabinoid profiles from the same plant. So you need to find the the strain and the harvest point that works best. Sounds like a needle in a haystack but it is not hard to systematically narrow it down.

Just checking that you know how to tag people into a discussion. just type @username and they will be notified to join in. Most any of the active members will gladly jump in to answer questions they can or direct you to the member who would know the answer. We are all here to help each other.

@gazmufc

Back
Top Bottom