BID & Spiffy Do It Outdoors! Come Get Dirty With Us!

OK gang before i check out spiffy's melons and she fondles my banana pepper!
i need to tell you what this is all about:thumb:

spiffy and i are ameateur organic gardeners aside from our indoor medicinal growing
with th insane prices of food these days and the produce being nearly void of nutrition we have decided to get a little more into our outdoor growing of food and of course herbs,flowers and ornamental's
we are starting relatively small with 2 small green houses (6x8x7ft) and will be construction of some garden boxes
what we want to do is document the methods we intend to use (all organic,teas,massive myco use,vermicompost,compost,chicken & goose manure,worm bins and castings etc etc)
we are looking to produce highly nutrient dense food , using as much natural free organic stuff we can find
thats not to say we have not blown a gripload of cash on things to get going
so lets see we will be growing and using so far, spiffy has collected a big assortment of flower seeds some fairly exotic like the night blooming orange jasmine, bird of paradise, right on down to dasies
we just picked up several bare root berry bushes,blueberry,raspberry,grape,blackberry to go with the gooseberry and others planted in the past, there will also be quite a few veggies more on what exactly later
we will be using BPN various things from the product line
we just mixed and started a batch of soil it will cook a week at least before use, heres the recipe
2 small bricks coco 1 pith 1 chunky hydrated and rinsed
2 cubic foot bag earth gro potting soil
1 cup epsoma garden lime
1 1/2 cups azomite
1 1/2 tbps bone meal
1 tbps blood meal
1 cup kellogs tropical mix fertilizer with mykos
6 cups worm gold worm castings with lava sand & kelp
6 cups mushroom compost
mixed and drenched with bpn /root magic tea that had been brewed for 70+ hours very thick with foam and biology as i like to call it
heres a couple pics of some of the things we will be using
20130314_130600.jpg
20130314_130554.jpg

hahahah :rofl:

Have to sub if for no other reason than that title :)

thanks guys this will be a fun journal i think and most anything we do here could be applied to cannabis if you so chose im thinking about doing an out door hydro tomato in a r-dwc aka bubble bucket lots or organic ideas will be explored, spiffy is sitting on a bunch of pics she needs to share, and i also have more, , oh and dirty jokes i love dirty jokes, this is open for you guys to post too if you have some garden shots of veggies indoor or out, and tell a joke ,make a crack if you like, like everything else i do here its open to any members input (thats what she said lol)

The Mrs and I are hoping to put up a greenhouse this year. Obviously, we won't get anything grown this season, but we want to be ready next year. Depending on the greenhouse we end up building, we might try growing something in winter, but I'm not sure I can heat the thing well enough. I'd love to put some MJ in there too, but it will be strictly for veggies and ornamental flowers.

We're still very much in the idea, discussion, concept phase though. Might start building it in the fall.

Awesome thread guys!!!! I love that your applying your growing knowledge and taking it outside the box to foods, spices and such!!! I have been wanting to do this for a while, but unfortunatly my landlord wouldn't be happy with me tearing up our apartment communty green patch... lol Guess I will have to wait until I get some property to do it on and watch and drool over home grown veggies :) My parents from when I was a youngster used to grow a huge veggie garden and there is nothing to this day that has made me salivate like a home grown tomato, or cucumber, or pepper or really anything :) Unfortunatly now that I'm 2000 miles away, I only get to enjoy it when they send me some home made salsa :) which is amazing.... cheers, hooo ray and kudos to you guys for doing this, I'm definitely watching this one.. I just hope my drool doesn't ruin my keyboard...

Awesome thread guys!!!! I love that your applying your growing knowledge and taking it outside the box to foods, spices and such!!! I have been wanting to do this for a while, but unfortunatly my landlord wouldn't be happy with me tearing up our apartment communty green patch... lol Guess I will have to wait until I get some property to do it on and watch and drool over home grown veggies :) My parents from when I was a youngster used to grow a huge veggie garden and there is nothing to this day that has made me salivate like a home grown tomato, or cucumber, or pepper or really anything :) Unfortunatly now that I'm 2000 miles away, I only get to enjoy it when they send me some home made salsa :) which is amazing.... cheers, hooo ray and kudos to you guys for doing this, I'm definitely watching this one.. I just hope my drool doesn't ruin my keyboard...

Hey Ice, did you ask the landlord? Maybe they wouldn't mind if you converted one small patch of grass into a vegetable garden. Offer to replant the grass when you move, and I see no reason they should object. I'm a landlord, although of a small house, and I wouldn't mind if a tenant wanted to replace the lawn with food. I'd be all for it!

I think your biggest obstacle will be your neighbors. You might have a problem with that juicy looking tomato, that is almost perfectly ripe, disappearing. hmmm kinda like growing other things we know outdoors!

In Flagstaff, and in the small town I live in now, we have community gardens. Places where you can reserve a section of a larger garden to grow in. Basically, you, and a bunch of neighbors, all share a large plot to grow in. Maybe you could start something like that at your apartment building. Maybe there is a nice patch of grass off to one corner of the property that could be converted to a community garden of sorts. The more I think about this idea, the more I like it! :)

PRIMO idea hiker , flag huh i love flag bout 90 min from me, my mmj doc is up there

There is an MMJ doc in Flag? huh... I bet that happened right around the time I left.

I left on April 20, 2011 (as in that's the day I drove away in the uHaul). Just happened to be my birthday, and my gift to myself was a thru hike of the PCT. Also happened to be the big 4 - 0 for me :) Actually it wasn't really a coincidence I left that day. I was trying to hit the trail on my birthday, but we ran behind schedule getting out of the house.

I rented my place there, so hopefully we will move back there someday. The wife and I both miss it. Sometimes you don't know what you have until it's gone. Although we had a good idea of how nice Flag was, that's why we moved there LOL, but you gotta follow the money, and I got a job here after the hike. I sometimes wish my job had given me a LoA to hike, but they didn't. Oh well. I have no regrets. :)

yeah ppl from back east find it hard to believe it snows and can be so bitter cold in az they all think its 1 big hot desert but its really only 1/3rd actual desert
:rofl: All my relatives thought so 57 years ago when we moved here:cheesygrinsmiley:This state has everything but the ocean, and that's not that bad a drive to get to:cheesygrinsmiley:

OK guys I have started some flowers. I have some morning glories, cosmos, and moss rose sprouting as we speak. I am going to use some vines to cover the fences for privacy. I have got the morning glories, three types of jasmine, humming bird trumpets, along with my blackberries, grapes and raspberries.
Tomorrow we will be working on cleaning out the garden area it is full of small trees right at the moment. We have created a drain for the goose pond so that it will drain into the garden. When we get he garden cleared out we will be putting up at least one of the green houses back there I am planning to have pics of at least the trees we are getting rid of by tomorrow and my cute little sprouts.

OK guys I have started some flowers. I have some morning glories, cosmos, and moss rose sprouting as we speak. I am going to use some vines to cover the fences for privacy. I have got the morning glories, three types of jasmine, humming bird trumpets, along with my blackberries, grapes and raspberries.
Tomorrow we will be working on cleaning out the garden area it is full of small trees right at the moment. We have created a drain for the goose pond so that it will drain into the garden. When we get he garden cleared out we will be putting up at least one of the green houses back there I am planning to have pics of at least the trees we are getting rid of by tomorrow and my cute little sprouts.

You go girl!! I picked up a couple of marigolds for my planters...
:yahoo::slide::yahoo:
Reps!

Back
Top Bottom