BigBearNTX Perpetual Auto Grow

I started going over my expenses so far since I started growing. Kinda an eye opener.

Things I’ve learned:
1. Stop buying seeds. I have 41 seeds in my inventory: 13+ strains.
2. I only need to harvest 6oz more to break even on my expenses.
3. Stop buying more stuff.

So, yeah....bookkeeping is a great eye opener. Lol
I don't keep track. I could add it up, but at this point....... Education is expensive.... I don't have a student loan so I'm good.;)

Saturday update a bit early.

Canuk Amnesia Auto got some defoliation, some adjustment of her bonds, and then a flush. She wasn’t looking great. The Pineapple Express had the same issue about this time of its grow, and flushing helped, so I’m trying it again.

I tried to do some defoliation, but I wasn’t brave enough to do more than a just take a little off.

CKS Northern Lights Auto got some LST. She was topped last week and has some great new growth.

Fuck I missed!

New seeds dropped, Dutch Passion Auto Duck.

Looking great Bear......

Looks like your light may be a touch too close. Just an observation. Jagged edges turned up. (next to last picture)

I'm jelly...... :thumb:

Looks like your light may be a touch too close. Just an observation. Jagged edges turned up. (next to last picture)

If it is too close, there isn’t much I can do, my light is as high as it can go. I just adjusted the branches, so they haven’t had time to adjust to their new position.

If it is too close, there isn’t much I can do, my light is as high as it can go. I just adjusted the branches, so they haven’t had time to adjust to their new position.
Oh yeah....DUH!!!! I forgot..... you only have 4 feet right??

Well, then keep on keepin on. You are doing all you can do....Bruh!!!! :high-five:

Oh well, all I can do is keep going forward. Lol
Oh, they will love that light when in flowering.....they will absorb it well.

You got this....it will be all good. No worries.....

If you start having problems, you can stretch a window screen under your light between it and your plants. (about half way). it will cut the intensity. I wouldn't do that unless the light was damaging them.

You are going to be an LST expert......

They look great.

Oh I’m fine. Lol

Curing is an unknown area. Hopefully I don’t fuck it up.
Curing takes practice as I understand. I've heard it's as much art as science. You probably are doing good with that too. Your plants look great, and you are getting the rotation pretty well. I'm sure you will do fine with curing as well.

Now that you have plants in rotation you'll be a pro before I ever get my first flower..... :slide:

Normally I’m fairly respectful of The Roommate and tend to the plants after he’s gone to bed or on the weekend when he’s at work. Last night I got the plants out to work on out on the patio while it was still light. The Roommate joined me out there and we chatted as I did my LST adjustments and pruning. It was nice not to feel like I am hiding this.

He has known since I started growing, but I’ve kept it low key in the house. I told him at the time it’s either more opioids, move to another state, or this: those are my options. He’s been kinda awesome about it.

Normally I’m fairly respectful of The Roommate and tend to the plants after he’s gone to bed or on the weekend when he’s at work. Last night I got the plants out to work on out on the patio while it was still light. The Roommate joined me out there and we chatted as I did my LST adjustments and pruning. It was nice not to feel like I am hiding this.

He has known since I started growing, but I’ve kept it low key in the house. I told him at the time it’s either more opioids, move to another state, or this: those are my options. He’s been kinda awesome about it.
Real cool that your roommate is being very kosher about the whole thing. I think he realizes that you are trying to be respectful. :thumb:

@Bonsaiweed thanks for asking how the curing was going. I had it in the jar with a button style hydrometer that came with one of my humidors, it’s been showing about 62% humidity. I decided to put the hydrometer from the tent into jar just to double check, and it was reading 77%!!

I’ve got the bud back in the dehydrator for a little while to draw off some of that moisture.

On the plus side, it’s smelling pretty good. Less skunk and less hay smell. But I’m worried about mold, so I want to take it down quite a bit before I seal them up again.

@Bonsaiweed thanks for asking how the curing was going. I had it in the jar with a button style hydrometer that came with one of my humidors, it’s been showing about 62% humidity. I decided to put the hydrometer from the tent into jar just to double check, and it was reading 77%!!

I’ve got the bud back in the dehydrator for a little while to draw off some of that moisture.

On the plus side, it’s smelling pretty good. Less skunk and less hay smell. But I’m worried about mold, so I want to take it down quite a bit before I seal them up again.
I've read (yeah I say that alot), that the electronic ones are more reliable, but more money too.

I plant to get it to about 68-63% and drop it in a jar with a boveda 62% wafer. But I'm currently not there yet. I think I have a ways to go..... ;)

I've read (yeah I say that alot), that the electronic ones are more reliable, but more money too

The button ones are $8, the low end electronic are $12. Well worth the extra $4.

Big Bear great photos of your plants. I had a bit of a giggle when the soil was on your arm, it looked like a bear's arm with fur. I don't have my glasses on so I couldn't see detail, that was funny. But it was very cool to see your roots too, very healthy they were. :cool:

I’m hairy, but not that hairy! Lol

And yeah, I’m liking the transplanting. I think because I don’t have to baby it as much until the roots get down to the reservoir.

Back
Top Bottom