BigBearNTX Perpetual Auto Grow

Be warned if you have never done the "Low and Slow" that it leaves a really strong dank smell in the refrigerator that can last a couple weeks after completion. My spouse was not pleased with me after trying this method.

I have an antique Philco (40's model, in the family since new), that I want to restore, and it works. Not a frost free, but I think it will work. Needs paint and a new seal, but will be good enough to low and slow (I think).

I have an antique Philco (40's model, in the family since new), that I want to restore, and it works. Not a frost free, but I think it will work. Needs paint and a new seal, but will be good enough to low and slow (I think).

That would work perfect I'm sure. I was using the family refrigerator and boy did it stink it up. I liked the dehydrator method that SweetSue was playing with awhile ago. It looks like it would work well for small batches that need to be jarred up quickly.

That would work perfect I'm sure. I was using the family refrigerator and boy did it stink it up. I liked the dehydrator method that SweetSue was playing with awhile ago. It looks like it would work well for small batches that need to be jarred up quickly.
Figures that you would mention something I haven't read...... Oh to search through Sue's threads.........

Hmmmmmm....... I may just wing it.:laugh:

Be warned if you have never done the "Low and Slow" that it leaves a really strong dank smell in the refrigerator that can last a couple weeks after completion. My spouse was not pleased with me after trying this method.

Good to know. Hmmm.

I still think they will get root bound unless you cut all her branches (for clones) and go straight 11/13 from the start of the clone army.

If you want to see what I mean. Look up the red cup challenge (in the forum). I know the red cup is only 18 oz (large solo cup), but a liter is only 34 oz (give or take).

Not saying to not try it.....may be a great way to continually make buds..... just hope they make it through.:green_heart:

Root bound in soil and rootbound in hempy are two different things though, since soil has a finite amount of nutrients available. I give the hempy girls their nutrition in their water. Besides, with SOG youre after a lot of single colas, so it should work okay. And yes, the clones would pretty much go right into bloom cycle after maybe two weeks of veg to get established.

It was 191g fresh off the plant. 118g after trim. Now at about 58g.

I used the food dehydrator to get the process going. It’s not low and slow, but it will work for me. I rarely smoke or vape bud, so I’m okay with a fast dry.

I’ll bottle it up and see what it looks like in a month. :)

Okay, that’s a lie. You know I’ll be looking at it multiple times a day. Lol

It was 191g fresh off the plant. 118g after trim. Now at about 58g.

I used the food dehydrator to get the process going. It’s not low and slow, but it will work for me. I rarely smoke or vape bud, so I’m okay with a fast dry.

I’ll bottle it up and see what it looks like in a month. :)

Okay, that’s a lie. You know I’ll be looking at it multiple times a day. Lol
Sounds good. I'm thinking of getting a dehydrator to do some fast cure but will depend on when my plants finish off for the season. My only constraint is I have to have everything in Jars by July 1.

Sounds good. I'm thinking of getting a dehydrator to do some fast cure but will depend on when my plants finish off for the season. My only constraint is I have to have everything in Jars by July 1.

I went the dehydrator route because it allows me to get it into a jar quickly. I thought the pool house would work to hang dry them, but it was retaining all the humidity.

The problem was that the roots didn’t want to give it up! Lol

Forgive the green pool. That’s another project that I need to work on. *sigh*

They like the pearlite.....a lot.

No problem with the pool. If I had one it would be a "concrete pond". Natural with fish and everything. :thumb:

Trust me, we’ve thought about it. There ya a cracked pipe somewhere causing a leak. I don’t even want to imagine how much that will cost to find and fix. I’ve thought about renting a plumbing camera to run into the pipes, but haven’t so far.

The camera idea is a good idea. We thought about an above ground but had a friend that I helped one summer. That made it a big NOPE!!!!! Too much work. It never ends. It's like all the vehicles I have. I'm either changing oil, brakes, tires, spark plugs, etc. etc....... I'm trying to get rid of stuff where I can get a break.

Its like cars; a lot of work if they are broken. Lol. Not as much if you keep them running well.

I keep them running well, and take very good care of them, but I seem to never get a break. I'm an Amsoil user and dealer (to give an idea). I spend a lot of money on the cars we have. But we have a bunch of other things (bikes, boat, etc). It's just out of hand. I have too many toys and working on them more than I'm playing with them. I need to downsize. My favorite that isn't going anywhere is my BMW r1200rt

Nice bike!

Last time we had to fix the pool it was 8k for a new lining. We should have just filled the damn thing in.

Bummer about the pool. You guys usually have good enough weather to enjoy it a lot of the year.

Typically end of May to end of September before it gets too cold for me.
You could put a solar heater on and go year round..... money though....

I started going over my expenses so far since I started growing. Kinda an eye opener.

Things I’ve learned:
1. Stop buying seeds. I have 41 seeds in my inventory: 13+ strains.
2. I only need to harvest 6oz more to break even on my expenses.
3. Stop buying more stuff.

So, yeah....bookkeeping is a great eye opener. Lol

Back
Top Bottom