BioBombs: Cannabis Oil With A Kick

Bio Bombs are great! But....

My wife has rheumatoid arthritis, and fibromyalgia..and was taking powerful pharmaceuticals for the inflammation and pain.

She started with a 20:1 Bomb, twice a day.. suppository... almost immediate results.

After that batch.. I guess a week or so, she moved up to 10:1... again further improvement in sleep quality, inflammation and pain..
And she had early "tingles" that she said felt like it was healing things...

And then a couple weeks she moved up to 5:1. This is cancer-treatment level and we decided to try it to see what effect.
She's been using 5:1 for about a month now, and her health has improved a lot. She still has the odd bad day, but an extra Bomb helps, along with our vaporiser .

So, now, we must evaluate "What's next?"... do we stay at 5:1? The only alternative is to reduce.

We were thinking about this a lot, and she feels a bit "loaded" with cannabis. Not polluted, but almost too much. She a pretty "in touch" person and I trust her interpretation of the signals her body is sending her. (from her ECS, Sue??).

So, this week we made up a slightly lower dose batch at 7:1.. and we are trying to pay attention to any change.

Its further confused by her having a "flare up". Is this a normal flare up? We think so, triggered by some stressful times... We don't THINK its caused by the reduction in cannabinoids in her system.

We will keep on with the 7:1 and pay attention, and let you know.

As suggested by Sue, I've moved/copied this posting from the Study Hall to here.

So, more news in the past 24 hours.. She's taken a couple of extra 7:1 Bio Bombs over the past 2 days, and that has helped a lot.

What we were considering was if this recent flare up was due to the reduction in cannabinods, or due to stress. We're pretty sure it was stress, because today she woke after a good night's sleep and the inflammation in her wrist is greatly reduced.

Further, our belief in the healing properties of CCO is renewed. When she took the extra 7:1 at 2:30 am, she told me she felt a upward-travelling warmth, a further sense of healing.

So, we are still left with the question: Did the flareup she experienced come from stress or from the reduced dosage. I won't share with y'all the source of the stress, but it was significant. The reduced dosage was only reduced a small amount... so we are leaning towards an understanding of the impact stress has on her system. And, fortunately, we have solved the stress source, so we can now move forward, and she will continue with the 7:1 dosage, twice a day, and we'll see what happens...

We'll letcha know

So, more news in the past 24 hours.. She's taken a couple of extra 7:1 Bio Bombs over the past 2 days, and that has helped a lot.

What we were considering was if this recent flare up was due to the reduction in cannabinods, or due to stress. We're pretty sure it was stress, because today she woke after a good night's sleep and the inflammation in her wrist is greatly reduced.

Further, our belief in the healing properties of CCO is renewed. When she took the extra 7:1 at 2:30 am, she told me she felt a upward-travelling warmth, a further sense of healing.

So, we are still left with the question: Did the flareup she experienced come from stress or from the reduced dosage. I won't share with y'all the source of the stress, but it was significant. The reduced dosage was only reduced a small amount... so we are leaning towards an understanding of the impact stress has on her system. And, fortunately, we have solved the stress source, so we can now move forward, and she will continue with the 7:1 dosage, twice a day, and we'll see what happens...

We'll letcha know

The basic function of a healthy ECS is to counter the biological effects of stress, so we should expect that the stress depleated the cannabinoid presence, if only temporarily. I'm impressed with the solution to reduce the concentration and work the dose back up in smaller increments. Wow! Does it excite you too that we're starting to internalize all this information and respond from a more instinctive standpoint? :yahoo:

You're learning the lesson of cannabinoid therapies that less is more in many cases. We tend to think "if this works this well than more will work better", but cannabis is biphasic and the wrong dose can bring undesirable results. Not results that can damage you, just the opposite result than what you were treating for. That's why we start so low and gradually increase doses. It's obviously a good idea to sometimes step the dose back to judge the health of the ECS. Our assumption should be that the system will begin to grow stronger, meaning the need for phytocannabinoids would be reduced.

How many doses a day does she take Danolo? I've learned with my daughter that there appears to be a spacing that hits the sweet spot of therapeutic efficacy. She now takes five doses a day, between her capsules and her brownie munching (for extra THC).

Where inflammation is a problem, I think Turmeric (with black pepper) coconut oil and omega 3 are a good idea to include into the protocol providing you're ok to take them?

Again

Thanks a Trillion to Sue for sharing all this great info with us New and OLD cannabis users.

Lots to learn, Mo Money ta spend.... and Fun and exciting times as well

Thanks again Sue, you are my Hero

So happy to be here.

So happy to have you. We need all the promotion we can for this technique. To be able to increase bioavailability to this level frees up resources. Much better bang for the buck.

Hi Sue,

I wanted to report back on my experiment taking AVB caps and adding in coconut oil and lecithin for better bioavailability :cheesygrinsmiley:

The AVB is from indica strains which tested, on average, over 20% total cannabinoids. I put 0.1 g of AVB into a 00 cap and added approx. 0.9 ml of coconut oil and lecithin at a 4:1 ratio. Then, I refrigerated them overnight, allowed them to warm and did the same again.

I have been consuming AVB caps on a regular basis typically putting 0.1 - .25 g into each cap depending on the initial potency of the strain. Vaping, as you know, does not consume all of the cannabinoids. Even at the quantities I use, it still produces a good buzz.

I found adding the "oil" to the AVB changes the effects in the following ways. 1) the effects kick in quicker than without the oil. Typically, it takes up to 3 hours to feel the effect when I ingest. Now, it's closer to an 1 ½ hours. 2) The high seems "wider", meaning, I'm not sure it's any more intense, but it's like my vision or awareness of space is wider. 3) The effects last longer. I noticed that after an hour or so, the intensity diminished slightly, but I maintained that level for 3-4 hours. I only made a small batch but will definitely try this again once my AVB supply is built up.

Also, a couple of other experiments to report on:

1. I think I'm finally getting the cco thing down! Below is a pic of the oil. I used approx. 32g of BB, WW, NL (trim) processed with grain alcohol (QWET) following one of the recipes you posted (freezing/thawing) etc. and then cooked it down in an oil bath. I ended up with 1.5 ml. of oil. Tomorrow is "test day"!:yahoo:

2. Also made some Biobombs. I used 35g of Indica trim (same as in #1) processed into oil. Used the QWET method and evaporated solvent in double boiler with veg oil at 250°F. Made up at 5:1 ratio w/coconut oil (1cc CCO , 4 cc of Coconut oil, 1 cc Lecithin). They're pretty strong - too strong to go out into public! I intended to use them at night to help with sleeping, but it's too speedy. I changed a couple to 7.5:1 which makes it easier to handle, but still not good for sleeping.

3. Finally, made up some of your Magic Creame. I made one small mistake - added 1 Tbs lecithin, should have been ½ Tbs with ½ cup coco oil. Otherwise, it works!
IMG_063642.jpg
IMG_062946.jpg
IMG_063041.jpg

Mike, I'm impressed as hell. :high-five: I'm headed out the door but I'll read again later. I have some thoughts, one being that lecithin isn't necessary in the pain cream.

Well done fellow lab rat. Good to have your curious nature on the team. :hug: :green_heart:

Hi SweetSue, I'm here reading, and enjoying all the posts. The first few posts, the instructions, definitions, ratios... are outstanding, and easy to follow. Everyone has harvest that I won't be able to catch up on 'till I have all the stuff in place to grow, too. But getting there. For now there is so much to read, absorb and remember...

Thank you for putting all of this in one place!:welldone:

[h=2]"I can read? That's right, I can READ!"
Dory
[/h]

Hi SweetSue, I'm here reading, and enjoying all the posts. The first few posts, the instructions, definitions, ratios... are outstanding, and easy to follow. Everyone has harvest that I won't be able to catch up on 'till I have all the stuff in place to grow, too. But getting there. For now there is so much to read, absorb and remember...

Thank you for putting all of this in one place!:welldone:

[h=2]"I can read? That's right, I can READ!"
Dory
[/h]

You're most welcome Dory. I have a new one on the fresh harvest oil too, if you'd like to check that out. I just opened it today. It's an infused oil, which is much easier to make than CCO. Fresh Harvest Infused Cannabis Oil

This is a seriously potent oil that merits equal consideration with the BioBombs, although it's untested, where we know the BioBombs have worked for a number of ailments. It's my oil of choice at the moment, and I believe it's as potent as CCO I've made myself. When someone gets it tested we'll know for sure.

Mike, I'm impressed as hell. :high-five: I'm headed out the door but I'll read again later. I have some thoughts, one being that lecithin isn't necessary in the pain cream.

Well done fellow lab rat. Good to have your curious nature on the team. :hug: :green_heart:

Sue, thanks for the positive feedback! :thanks:

Based on your comment re adding Lecithin to the pain creame, I may have messed up when I copied and pasted the recipe. My fingers don't work like they use to! My notes show the following:

"Pain Cream using only 2 grams made many times

2 grams of good bud or shake, or best bud the higher thc the better the results.

Other ingredients.
8 tablespoon approx Coconut oil for infusing the oil and bud.
1 Tbs Lecithin per cup of coconut oil

50g beeswax
100ml Grapeseed oil
100ml infused Coconut oil"

Note the bolded sentences. This is why I added the Lecithin. Please advise.

Sue, thanks for the positive feedback! :thanks:

Based on your comment re adding Lecithin to the pain creame, I may have messed up when I copied and pasted the recipe. My fingers don't work like they use to! My notes show the following:

"Pain Cream using only 2 grams made many times

2 grams of good bud or shake, or best bud the higher thc the better the results.

Other ingredients.
8 tablespoon approx Coconut oil for infusing the oil and bud.
1 Tbs Lecithin per cup of coconut oil

50g beeswax
100ml Grapeseed oil
100ml infused Coconut oil"

Note the bolded sentences. This is why I added the Lecithin. Please advise.

I'll have to go back and check the original post Mike, but we've since worked this out in the topicals study hall and determined there's really no reason to add lecithin to the topicals. Having said that, there's no concern about having it in there either, so it's no waste of materials. It acts as an emulsifier, and as such it may actually have benefit, come to think of it. It's widely used in the cosmetics industry, and I'd guess it's for this exact purpose.

My thoughts are save the lecithin for bioavailibity of edibles and leave it out of the creams. It's expensive Mike, and I'm all about being thrifty.

Mike, the dry capsules you made, were they cured long enough to have decarbed naturally? I seem to recall that was part of your original intention. You seem to be walking the same path as I, looking for ways to get away from the solvents. I'm thinking the way to go is fresh harvest oils.

Sue, historically, I make dry caps in two ways. 1) decarb the bud in the oven and then fill the caps. Or, 2) take already vaped bud (previously decarbed from #1) and further decarbed via vaping, and fill the caps.

I use either 0 or 00 caps. Depending on the potency of the decarbed bud, I fill a cap within a range of .1 - .25 g. With AVB, I usually put .15 - .25 g again, depending on the original potency.

I haven't tried aging non-decarbed bud, only oil. Based on my limited knowledge I would have to believe aging bud would naturally decarb it. No science to support this, just grow goddess' and my exp. . with her ND Sap. Mike

Sue, historically, I make dry caps in two ways. 1) decarb the bud in the oven and then fill the caps. Or, 2) take already vaped bud (previously decarbed from #1) and further decarbed via vaping, and fill the caps.

I use either 0 or 00 caps. Depending on the potency of the decarbed bud, I fill a cap within a range of .1 - .25 g. With AVB, I usually put .15 - .25 g again, depending on the original potency.

I haven't tried aging non-decarbed bud, only oil. Based on my limited knowledge I would have to believe aging bud would naturally decarb it. No science to support this, just grow goddess' and my exp. . with her ND Sap. Mike

I have some Carnival that's been in the jar since mid-January. If I can hang onto it a little longer I might try it and see.

Sue, need some help converting ratios for BioBombs.

I made up some bb at the 5:1 ratio and would now like to dilute it (some of it) to 20:1 and 10:1.

If I take 6 cc of the bb mixture, which is made up with 1 cc cco + 4 cc coconut oil + 1 cc lecithin, and add additional coco oil and lecithin based on the 20:1 and 10:1 ratio, will that come out correctly?

Said another way: I would add 12 cc of the carrier oil (for a total of 16 cc - 4 + 12 and 3 cc of the Lecithin - 1 + 3 ) to the existing BB (at 1 : 4 : 1) to get to the 20:1 ratio.

Does this make sense? Thx.

Sue, need some help converting ratios for BioBombs.

I made up some bb at the 5:1 ratio and would now like to dilute it (some of it) to 20:1 and 10:1.

If I take 6 cc of the bb mixture, which is made up with 1 cc cco + 4 cc coconut oil + 1 cc lecithin, and add additional coco oil and lecithin based on the 20:1 and 10:1 ratio, will that come out correctly?

Said another way: I would add 12 cc of the carrier oil (for a total of 16 cc - 4 + 12 and 3 cc of the Lecithin - 1 + 3 ) to the existing BB (at 1 : 4 : 1) to get to the 20:1 ratio.

Does this make sense? Thx.

Yes it does make sense Mike, and yes, this can be done. If you add in the additional components in line with the desired ratios you'll have the equivalent of the mix you were seeking.

That 5:1 ratio is pretty potent, isn't it? It's that strength that I've come to identify as the equivalent of what I'm feeling with the fresh harvest oil, and why I got so excited about it.

Hi everyone.... a small change to our BB recipe...

The supplier for the dispensary where I buy my CCO was busted and they will be not operative for several weeks.

Fortunately I purchased a quantity of their "fake" RSO, and so I had only to add some CBD oil to bring them up to an equally balanced ratio of THC and CBD.

I purchased something called "Hempcore" CBD oil. Its labelled as 67 mg of CBD.

So, working from 2 syringes of the RSO I get the following quantity of Cannabinoids.

Each "fake" RSO syringe = 37 mg THC and 24 mg CBD.

So 2 of them will be:
37 X 2 = 74mg THC
24 X 2 = 48 mg CBD

To make this an equal ratio, I need 26 MG of CBD.
Since the syringe is graduated I measured approx 26 mg into the mix.

Its now resting in the fridge and I'll encapsulate it in a couple of days.

Questions and comments:

The "fake" RSO was very thick... when I squeezed it into the Olive Oil it stayed as a thick oil and did not mix easily. So, I zapped it for 20 seconds in the microwave and it mixed just fine.

Questions:
1. Did heating it for 20 seconds harm the oil mixture?
2. Is using Hemp based CBD oil as effective as CBD oil derived from cannabis? I saw O'Bear's experiments with Hemp CBD oil, with good results, so I'm hoping it will be ok.

Here's my calculations:

For 10:1 concentration and a lecithin ration of 2:1 I get the following:

CCO = 2.26 cc's
EVOO = 18 cc's
LL = 4.5 cc's

Total 24.76 cc's of BB mixture which should drop into about 27 to 28 caps (each 00 cap holding .9 cc's.)

Does this make sense?

By the way, is my ratio for liquid lecithin of 2:1 (LL:CCO) correct?

Back
Top Bottom