Birdie's Return To Life

Good morning everyone! @AngryBird and @SweetSue and everyone else watching the AngryBird Community Grow Banana Breakdown Project, I have to already say WOW! Already, in less than 24 hours, the lacto and molasses combined with the natural sugars of the banana peel have set up a rapid fermentation and breakdown of the raw minerals. I popped the lid last night and was blown away with the strong banana alcohol smell. The lacto is kicking in to take care of that problem and also helping with the rapid breakdown of the 2 peels that are in there so far. Strong bubbling can be seen around the peels and already 1/4 to 1/3 of the material has broken down and fallen to the bottom of the jar in 2 clear layers. I apologize for having no picture this morning, but it seems my camera batteries are dead and I have no spares. I am rushing to get this update in before beginning a full day of activity around here getting ready for the playoff game, but I do promise to get a picture later in the afternoon that I will put into an archive collection to show in the next few days. 20 days to complete this process may have been too long of an estimate... it might be usable well before that.
Have a great day everyone! Go Chiefs!

I am currently growing white widow and when in veg she took full strength nutrients with no issues at all. My only issues was from environment in the beginning not the best air flow and heat things like that but no nutrient burn but she is very green with a nice color she just didn't get as big as I wanted. I am glad to see you have your seeds almost ready to be planted I can't wait to see what you make of them.
Hi and welcome to the grow party :hug:
Thank you for the feed back on ww, it is always relaxing to hear that she is grow able :)

Good morning everyone! @AngryBird and @SweetSue and everyone else watching the AngryBird Community Grow Banana Breakdown Project, I have to already say WOW! Already, in less than 24 hours, the lacto and molasses combined with the natural sugars of the banana peel have set up a rapid fermentation and breakdown of the raw minerals. I popped the lid last night and was blown away with the strong banana alcohol smell. The lacto is kicking in to take care of that problem and also helping with the rapid breakdown of the 2 peels that are in there so far. Strong bubbling can be seen around the peels and already 1/4 to 1/3 of the material has broken down and fallen to the bottom of the jar in 2 clear layers. I apologize for having no picture this morning, but it seems my camera batteries are dead and I have no spares. I am rushing to get this update in before beginning a full day of activity around here getting ready for the playoff game, but I do promise to get a picture later in the afternoon that I will put into an archive collection to show in the next few days. 20 days to complete this process may have been too long of an estimate... it might be usable well before that.
Hi Em :hug:
The fermentation, with water only, is ready in 2 weeks so I would suggest a first test in a week.
Mine was started about 5 days ago.
I have the lid loosely on and only close it when I want to turn the vase/ bottle.

Holy hell - you look away for a minute and then I'm 12 pages behind :eek:

Please pass these around. Chocolate coated, cinnamon flavored cob powder on coconut baked popcorn buds.

Holy hell - you look away for a minute and then I'm 12 pages behind :eek:

Please pass these around. Chocolate coated, cinnamon flavored cob powder on coconut baked popcorn buds.

:green_heart::green_heart::green_heart::green_heart::green_heart:hi oldbear :hug:
You now officially melted my heart :hug:
Yum yum....

I wanna see plants............ JK

been awhile,, and I'm glad to hear you are up and about to be growing again...........

Hi and welcome to the grow party :hug:
Thank you for the feed back on ww, it is always relaxing to hear that she is grow able :)
Thank you for the welcoming. I am going to be paying close attention it sounds like there is going to be a lot of good information on here about the organic side of things.

Good morning everyone! @AngryBird and @SweetSue it might be usable well before that.

Great to hear that the banana peels are over performing...on a side note..I USED to be quite fond of you...Go Pats!!

Great to hear that the banana peels are over performing...on a side note..I USED to be quite fond of you...Go Pats!!
Lol no superball (I assume) fighting here...
I'm going to start a Weed Team in that case lol

I used to have a worm bin i would feed ground up coffee beans i used to make coffee, my plants LOVED it but now im in an apartment so no worm bin for me

First one of those I ever saw was in an apartment kitchen :rolleyes: .

Is that your cat? cause my cat out relaxes your cat...

Ever have to look really closely to see if it was still breathing? If not, it's not even in the top ten ;) .

Back
Top Bottom