Black Sugar In The Great White North

Wait isn't more amber attributed to less head high and more body high...?
[/QUOTE]
That is my understanding, yes. Keep my brain waves firing hot and my old body will follow along, may protest but will try to keep up. I took a large crop of Northern Lights that was heavy on the amber. Gotta save that shit for the last hit in the evening because everything goes into slooooo moooooo and its lights out within the hour. :peace: :bong:

Wait isn't more amber attributed to less head high and more body high...?
That is my understanding, yes. Keep my brain waves firing hot and my old body will follow along, may protest but will try to keep up. I took a large crop of Northern Lights that was heavy on the amber. Gotta save that shit for the last hit in the evening because everything goes into slooooo moooooo and its lights out within the hour. :peace: :bong:
[/QUOTE]
I guess by heady, I mean zoning out for 5 mins and thinking that was 5 seconds ago all while trying to remember where you put your phone and car keys. Almost getting up to go look for them, but theres no way you want to move so you .....wait......what was I gonna say?

A new isolation job site for the day. Much better than the snow of yesterday. The view in the back ground is of two of my closest beaches. These measure some 3.5klm. of white sand, a couple k you can drive on. But noooo. We only get to look at them from afar on these beauty spring days.
Good news is , lobster is dirt cheap.:slide: Bad news is, you better get them quick, if you can, because these good old boys down this way ain't gonna be fishin' long at those prices. :peace:

Morning Joe, did you end up in Windsor this week, forgot to ask earlier in the week lol
Yes, I did two and a half days there last week. I am off to Nictaux next week then Petite Riviere, maybe the end of the week. Weather depending. :peace: :ganjamon:

It was a damn busy week-end with no relief in site. Plants need to be stripped back in prep for the harvest but not enough hours in the days this week. The plan,tentatively, will be total defoil then a dark period from Friday night to Sunday morning when the axe will fall while the church bells ring. A couple of quick pics. of the girls this morning. Lights are on so not the best. A through check last evening turned up only trace amounts of amber on the buds themselves but the fall colors are coming on strong. It is now flower day 72 of a 55 day plant so my growing conditions very greatly from what @SeedsMan has listed. Sure can't wait to give this a try, the drying time is fine it's the cure that taxes my patience. lol

72 days eh....Im thinking I will be around the high 50 day mark. Barely have pistils starting to turn.

A quick look in the grow room this morning revealed this. Finally some amber showing on the bud structure. Warrants a much closer look when the lights come back on this evening. Looking like lights out for these girls for a 48 hour rest. :peace: :thumb:

Finally, the deed is done. Both girls are down and are hung to dry. No idea on weight and won't hazard a guess at this time. Going to be my biggest harvest to date. Really got crap from my better half over the smell. Had a friend stop by just as I had finished and he could smell it as soon as he stepped out of the truck. Neighbors must love me. Good thing my closest ones grow as well. Took a half gram of finger hash and oh so good, can't wait for the cure to finish. Got pics. but need to organize them first. Have a great day all. :peace: :ganjamon:

That's great! Way to freshen up the neighborhood!
It's chop day for mine as well, can't wait to see your harvest pictures!
Congratulations on your biggest harvest to date!

:popcorn:

Congrats to you both on the harvest!

So on May 24 after 76 days after showing first signs of flower the chop has taken place. And oh what a long stick process. The finger hash, the first taste, hit the spot very nicely, a good sign of times to come. Finally showing the faintest signs of amber and some very nice purple at the ripe old age of 134 days. On the day of the cut the rh was sitting at 66%, great for drying, right. It has since jumped to 80%, and these buds are hard so probably a two week drying time. With a low moving in that may shorten by a bit. Never know, this time of the year.

Top buds are of a medium size and very dense. Nice purple coloring on any buds exposed direct to the lights. Although she didn't seem to stack up like others, all lower buds have a real nice compact shape and will show some nice bag appeal. Well covered in trics. and extremely sticky, made a hell of a mess on my camera. Smell, once separated from her room mate, Gelat OG, is like lemon zest and old skunk, actually quite nice.

I have cut all stems and given them a quick wet trim, removing all fans and any damaged parts. All larf has been removed and will be dried as well. This along with any dry trimmings will go into some butter. I leave any and all sugar leaves that are coated in trics. for this purpose. Love me some oil or butter.

As the Gelat OG was still standing and I use the grow room to dry in as well, this forced me to build a cardboard drying box to handle the overflow. Saw a diy about one on here some time ago and thought that I would need that some day. Thank you to the member(forgotten name, I smoke you know, lol) who put on that tutorial. The box seems to be working great guns and may turnout to be the way to go.

I have only weighed the floor sweepings out of curiosity. I will weigh the buds after the dry and final trimming. The true weight of your final product. Always an anxious time and truly when patience is a virtue.

The hole left behind tells the tale. The Gelat OG remaining is a monster compared to Black Sugar. The scale at the end will be the final judge.
All is well in the Zen garden.:peace::slide::bong:

So on May 24 after 76 days after showing first signs of flower the chop has taken place. And oh what a long stick process. The finger hash, the first taste, hit the spot very nicely, a good sign of times to come. Finally showing the faintest signs of amber and some very nice purple at the ripe old age of 134 days. On the day of the cut the rh was sitting at 66%, great for drying, right. It has since jumped to 80%, and these buds are hard so probably a two week drying time. With a low moving in that may shorten by a bit. Never know, this time of the year.

Top buds are of a medium size and very dense. Nice purple coloring on any buds exposed direct to the lights. Although she didn't seem to stack up like others, all lower buds have a real nice compact shape and will show some nice bag appeal. Well covered in trics. and extremely sticky, made a hell of a mess on my camera. Smell, once separated from her room mate, Gelat OG, is like lemon zest and old skunk, actually quite nice.

I have cut all stems and given them a quick wet trim, removing all fans and any damaged parts. All larf has been removed and will be dried as well. This along with any dry trimmings will go into some butter. I leave any and all sugar leaves that are coated in trics. for this purpose. Love me some oil or butter.

As the Gelat OG was still standing and I use the grow room to dry in as well, this forced me to build a cardboard drying box to handle the overflow. Saw a diy about one on here some time ago and thought that I would need that some day. Thank you to the member(forgotten name, I smoke you know, lol) who put on that tutorial. The box seems to be working great guns and may turnout to be the way to go.

I have only weighed the floor sweepings out of curiosity. I will weigh the buds after the dry and final trimming. The true weight of your final product. Always an anxious time and truly when patience is a virtue.

The hole left behind tells the tale. The Gelat OG remaining is a monster compared to Black Sugar. The scale at the end will be the final judge.
All is well in the Zen garden.:peace::slide::bong:
That was quite the write up! It looks like the black sugar held up. Looking forward to that final weight, should be good!
Great work bluenoserjoe!

Back
Top Bottom