Blazingbuds' CFL & LED Soil Grow - Unknown Strain

Hey guys, Happy Friday! There is not much to report, the plant is doing well. I have at least three more plants on the way! Check out the pics and let me know what you think :thanks:

20150821_194315.jpg

A 4 finger leaf, is that normal?
20150821_193417.jpg

First set of true leaves. :circle-of-love:
20150821_192955.jpg

Two more taproots. Planning on letting these get a little bigger, I'm gonna go get some fox farms starter soil tomorrow for them. Then ill see what difference it can make, if any. There are 4 other seeds on this paper towel (not pictured.) I got impatient with the seeds not popping so i put all of my seeds out to germinate.They have been there for a few days, so I'm not expecting any more plants... But we'll see.
20150821_192558.jpg

The sprout. Unlike the first plant, this one still has a few stray ants and rolly-pollys that didnt die from my exteremely hot wet and humid conditions. I didnt this on purpose to get soil without bugs.
20150821_192409.jpg

I think they're gonna be friends. Lets all cross our fingers for 2 female plants.

So I finally ordered the 300 watt Mars Hydro light:party::party::party::party::party:
:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

It should be here in a week or less. I hope that this will solve some of my heat problems because its pretty hot in there. Usually mid 80's, but she is looking just fine. Im just looking ahead. I know that hot temps during flower can make your buds airy and foxtaily, and i would be devastated. Also I forgot to mention that I weather stripped my closet door. It will be beneficial for a number of reasons...

1) People visiting my home wont notice the bright light coming out from the edges of the door.
2) It will ensure total darkness at the appropriate time during the 12/12 flower stage. I do not want a hermie.
3) It will keep the smell contained to the closet during flower. (Hopefully)

Good for you bro! My first grow was in a spare room closet and I just used a towel under the door to keep light out and it went well, so you've gone the extra mile. But I had HPS set up so I had to leave the door cracked when the lights were on so my house was pretty loud. Some friends even said they could slightly smell it outside my front door. That's what made me buy my tents and carbon filters lol. You might be better off since you may be able to keep the door shut with lights on with the Mars light. But depending on how loud your strain is you may still need a carbon filter especially running multiple plants. But you'll find out soon enough. You might not need one. Only thing is you will want to open the door for awhile everyday so they get some fresh air in there.

20150823_143337.jpg

20150823_144759.jpg

Thanks for the kind words guys.:Namaste:
Went to the Hydro store, they recommended Roots Organic over fox farms. It has all that good stuff. Fish, kelp, bat guano, etc. (Price was better, more soil, better for what I'm doing. )
I also picked up four 3 gallon pots. I don't plan on growing huge plants; so this should do. So at the moment, I have 4 plants. The first and largest is Unknown. The other three are Hippie Headband. Ill probably cull one off, to make room for an OG plant or two. I received some bagseed from a friend.

Today, I decided to transplant the largest plant. I could see a LOT of roots bouncing off the bottom of the cup.

So I haven't posted about this, but the cup I started it in was really thick plastic. This made me realize a couple weeks in that it would be a bitch to deal with. There was no other way than to shatter the cup and it wouldn't break cleanly off. The roots really took a beating, some didn't make it to the 3 gallon pot with the plant. But most of the roots did make it, and the really thick roots made it. I really hope it will pull through. But if it dosent, then oh well. My plants will all be a more consistent height, trying to look on the bright side. Heres a picture to leave you with.

20150824_214049.jpg

High Blazingbuds

Looks like you got some decent dirt for your transplant. Back yard dirt isn't a good thing to use for indoor grows. Fungus gnats and other creepy-crawlers can wreak havoc inside. One 23W, 6500K CFL is lots to start a plant with and works best on it's side with some tinfoil draped on the back of the bulb. More and stronger light comes off the sides of those bulbs than the ends.

She, hopefully it's a girl, is looking real good and ought to spring to life once your new LED gets on her. :passitleft:

L8r

So I don't know if I'm getting overly excited. ( I know I am) But like i said before, it looks like there are trichomes. Anyway, I don't know if you guys remember, but this was this only seed i got out of a couple grams. It was really good. So i don't think the plant it came from was pollinated or hermied. It was just a random seed. I have no idea if its autoflower, but i guess i shall find out, because autoflowers will grow under any light schedule. (Thats what I've heard. Correct me if I'm wrong.) However, I suspect its showing sex, very early. I think this because
1) The trichs, more heavily concentrated on the leaves where there is no light.
2) The pics look like pisitils? IDK though.

Sorry if this post is unorganized or sounds really stupid. Just took a dab of some real stong wax.
Sorry the pics are upside down.

PS. 2 OG seeds popped, want to plant both. However, my space can only accomadate 4 plants. Can i plant two plants in the same pot and flower them together in a 3 gal? l would be keeping them relatively small. Let me know.
20150825_180729.jpg
20150825_180710.jpg
20150825_180329.jpg

Thanks for the diagram frost, and thank you for you input 007.
AND thank you both for your patience with me. :Namaste:

On another note,

The unknown plant is showing new growth, so i think it'll pull through.
Headband seeds have both sprouted. Lets see who turns out bigger at end of veg. One seed is planted in backyard soil, the other in roots organic. The OG seeds are both planted, and one has sprouted. Happy hump day guys

EDIT

Also, when is the appropriate time to start nutes? The largest plant is three weeks old. I noticed some yellowing of it FIRST leaf set, as well as a single fan leaf on the next node set? maybe nutrient related, or maybe stress from re-potting. Let me know, you guys are the greatest.

Subbed! I like idea of growing seeds that are an unknown strain. Very mysterious. Will watch this one with interest. Looks like with a limited budget you have done well for yourself. Roots Organics soil is a good call. Keep rocking it. :smokin:

~HP:peace:

So a quick morning update, just a few pics, just wanted to know what you guys make of these yellowing, dying leaves. Probably due to having some roots ripped out. Or I suspect it may be slightly nute bured from putting it into that soil? Its very nutrient rich.

20150828_102117.jpg
20150828_102134.jpg

Overall, shes doing good, working on that 5th node set.
20150828_102352.jpg

Agreed Atlien! +rep

Those first leaves almost always fall off when grown indoors once they sit in the shade of the new growth Blazingbuds. Outside they may hang around much longer with all the extra light the sun provides.

When snipping off dead/dying leaves don't cut them flush to the main stem but leave a bit of the leaf stem. Helps prevent any disease germs from infecting the main stem. The cut edge will seal off keeping the nasties out.

L8r

Back
Top Bottom