Blazingbuds' CFL & LED Soil Grow - Unknown Strain

Atlien, I've read this too. Fungus gnat larvae thrive in a moist, warm, and organic rich environment. By keeping the soil really dry they die. I've tried this, but ill let it dry for a few days. Only problem I'm running in to is, the seedlings will almost fall over becasue of the super loamy nature of the soil, they cant hold themselves up .

I was up really late last night smoking, and decided to FIM my plant. The good news is, this time it was a perfect FIM! The bad news is, I was said Fuck for a different reason. I chopped off the biggest most mature fan leaf. It was an accident, the scissors are really long. I say, just get gardening scissors. Some other good news is that, these seedlings are only 11 days old! They're doing quite well. These seedlings already have side branches formed. I think it must be the Mars Hydro light. I'm really pleased with that purchase. Also you can see the homemade sticky traps. I have a fan blowing to increase the odds of them getting stuck. I also noticed a small cob/spider web almost on the carpet, it had a few fungus gnats trapped in there.

20150921_185721.jpg
20150921_185645.jpg
20150921_185606.jpg

Love the sticky traps. One of my favorite sayings has always been" If you can't duck it fuck it" I have it all over my room just not facing backwards.
The fan leaf is no big deal, it may stunt her for a day or two. There are alot more where that came from.

Garden scissors are good for trimming but I like the tiny ones for fingernails to trim the plant.

Just did some LST on the large OG plant. This time I really pulled it over though. Ill post a pic once the fan leaves find the light. Right now its not much to look at. The seedlings are coming along really quick too. These plants should show the full potential of the Mars Hydro light, as they will be under them for almost their whole life, minus a week for CFL rooting. They're still on 18/6, but growing quicker than 24/0. Cheaper and faster; Ill take it. I know I should start nutes now, but ATM I don't have much to spare. I might be tight for cash for awhile, considering I quit my job I've held for a year and a half. Maybe I can afford to get some veg nutrients at least. We'll see. Also these stems are a dark color of purple on the OG, maybe purple OG? The stalk has pencil thin streaks of purple too. But the plant is maturing so I dont think its showing deficiency.

So I hit the plants with a strong dosage of H202 and water solution. The plants are looking good, so it didn't seem to set them back at all. The soil fizzes for 5 minutes, then the Hydrogen Peroxide breaks down into water and oxygen. (How convenient) I transplanted everything except the runt seedling. Roots were looking great. This time it was a breeze. I saw a youtube video, put drainage holes in your solo cups, soak them completely, let the runoff drain completely, then a weak squeeze on the cup pops them right out. Didnt cut myself up with a thick plastic cup this time LOL. Heres a pic, the small seedlings will be 2 weeks tommorrow. I'm quite happy with their progress. What do you guys think?? Also, you can see the big plant found the light after the LST. The FIM'd top is recovering nicely, looks like 4 mains from there alone

20150924_015520.jpg

So my largest OG plant was doing some funky stuff. At first, the fan leave has twisted its stem facing downward, then sideways. Basically,
imagine an upside down fan leaf.So i was trying to get it to turn over. I twisted it back over and kept it that way by resting it on a shim board. I was paying attention to the other plants for a minute, and then the fan leaf on the other side starts doing the same thing!!!! By the way, this all happened in a 15-20 minute span. Wish I had pictures, Its like the plant was alive!! Well, it is alive, but you know what I mean.

and on the node set right below....
the fan leaf opposite the accidentally chopped leaf was drooping BADLY. The stem was looking purpleish red, almost brown, a very dark color. I chopped that off too. Ill post a pic when the lights come back on. I know trying to get in there now is asking for trouble.

I also got some Magnesium Sulphate, AKA Epsom Salts. Im gonna give them 1 teaspoon per gallon of water. What do you guys have to say on Epsom salts? I know Cal/Mag is a better option. But I figured Id give my plants a little boost.

20150927_013103.jpg

Coming along nicely as a group.
20150927_013356.jpg

Growth exploding everywhere!! Really need to get some nutes! Infact Ill do it tomorrow, just the thought is exciting me!!
20150927_014006.jpg

Taking you deep inside the canopy, this took five minutes to get a good pic. Can you see the purple?!?! Also do those look like pistils to you?? Im not really sure yet.
20150927_013522.jpg

Heres the plant way in back, the one that is blocked out of whole grow photo above. Its the biggest of the bunch.
20150927_013620.jpg

This is the biggest seedling pictured above. Nice side branches. Not the greatest pic, had to reach in there to get it.

Also, i could be getting much better use of my light if they were closer. I have no way to adjust it another 6 inches. So im gonna drop down the light via a garden chain. I just need wire cutters to do so because dealing with 12 ft of dangling chain is a bitch.

So my lights are off, no pictures at the moment. But the oldest plant has 11 mains ahaha!!! 9 have found the light, two are finding their way out of the canopy. I also FIM'd the seedlings, all except the runt in the solo cup, and the smallest seedling.

It starting to get fun, and just a wee bit smelly. I get a whiff in the kitchen everytime, thats where i ran the electrical from. Some smell is probably seeping through the small hole. Forgot nutes, I've been trying to nail down this job i got. I told him my old boss was some young woman on a power trip, hired me on the spot, and gave me a dollar raise!! Theres just so much to learn, im at an upscale and pricey deli.

20150930_221113.jpg

Group shot
20150930_221415.jpg

A couple tops are shielded by the emerging top fan leaves, maybe you can see them poking through
20150930_221519.jpg

Front right; Another accident with the fan leaf. Ah well, shes looking nice. Can you see those holes chewed in the leaf? I know its not from me, its gotta be a little critter.
20150930_221552.jpg

Best looking plant I got.
20150930_221618.jpg

I ripped up this sickly looking plant to make room for the really healthy solo cup gal. The plant that I pulled up smelled dank as hell. i Pulled it apart more to get a better whiff. My hands were noticeably sticky. Proabably was a female :(

Also, If i just flipped to flower right now, started giving bloom nutes what could I expect to get assuming at least two are female?
I know its hard to get a concrete number, but at least an oz? I really want to get a grow under my belt, and then Ill go big. Although, with my luck they will all be males, or they will just explode into flames spontaneously.

20151005_154304.jpg

Group Shot, Theyre really bushing out. The big one is stretching, I may top it again. They are on day two of flower. Lets see how this goes.
20151005_154333.jpg

One of the smaller plants, nice top has emerged.
20151005_154552.jpg

Big One, Check out those fan leaves. One is a 9 leafer, the other is an 8 leafer. looking goood:circle-of-love:
20151005_154829.jpg

A better look at her tops on the right side, they are shielded from view by the big fan leaves on top. There are 12 tops, but impossible to get all tops in 1 pic.

Back
Top Bottom