Blue Dream & OG Kush Clone First Grow

Re: Blue Dream And OG Kush Clone First Grow

the only way to stop the air temp is to stop measuring it with a thermometer (word play).

Go to WallyWorld and go to the fish tank section. You should be able to find a small jug (maybe half gallon in size, but short) of activated carbon. Costs around $7. Also, find the area where they keep the air purifiers and get a pack of carbon prefilters (4 pk-$9) Go to Home D and get a 4" PVC 90° elbow that flares out on both ends, or even a straight length that has the flare on both ends. ask around for 4" plastic grates. I found mine near the drainage section of the store. Elbow is about $5, each grate maybe as much as $3. Cut one of the carbon prefilters into a circle that fits into the plastic grate. Slightly large is preferred as the pre filter keeps the carbon from spilling out the grate. Any size window screen will also help. Duct tape the grate with the prefilter (& screen) into the one flared end of the elbow. Pour in the jug of activated carbon into the other end, and put the other grate on with the circle cut of carbon filter (& screen) and tape it up as well. Then you gotta figure out how to mount it into your system. I have a closed system that involves a sectioned off part of a closet. I control the inlet air and the exhausted air. I cut a square piece of wood and jigsawed a circle out of the middle just slightly larger than the diameter of the elbow. When the elbow has duct tape on it, it fits into the wood snugly and no air escapes the closet w/o first passing through the carbon filter.
DSCF11762.JPG
DSCF12671.JPG
DSCF12692.JPG
DSCF12682.JPG
DSCF12704.JPG

Inlet air is pulled from a room that almost always has the A/C on, so the box is fed cold air in, and heated carbon scrubbed air out. My temps stay between 76-82 night to day.

dont worry about herbies my friend, trust me on this one, you wont regret it, i guarantee that.

as for temps you either need to vent it out with fans or raise the light, raising the light will make the plants stretch a bit more but if the temp is ok at canopy then should be ok with the light level, just hold the back of your hand facing the light and have it at the same height as the tallest part of the plant, if it feels hot on your hand then its hot for the plants, so you can either raise the lights or rig up a small fan, i use 12v computer fans and it allows me to lower my 400watt hps by a few inches, so instead of 1ft from top of the plant i can get it donw to 8 or 9 inches from tops of the plant, so thats the best method if its to hot at plant level,

if your talking about room temps then thats a bit different, let me check what lights your using as im subd to lots of journals so gets a bit confusing, but if your using a hid light then having the ballast outside the room will really help with temps as them ballasts get pretty toasty, but failing that if the height of the light is not an issue and its overall room temps then you need to either rig up some ducting and vent the air out of the room or what i do is leave the grow door open a few inches when the lights are on, its not possible for me to run vents at the minute as my cupboard is brick built, i do have a big vent in the sidewall at the top of the room but i blocked this off so no smells leak out of it as all flats would have the same vent and my next door neighbour would have his cupboard in same place as mine so all thats inbetween my cupboard and his is a brick wall, so his vent would be close to mine and the vents just vent into the walls, i cant see any ducting when i took the vent cover off so i sealed it off using a bin bag and tape,

but when i get these plants into flower ill start using the vent and get a good squirel fan and some ducting and rip up a carbon filter to vent out into the vent, if also use some sort of nice smelling stuff to go inside the ducting or just inside the vent, as skybound mentioned above you can make a carbon filter yourself, i have a coffee table tropical fish tank and use activated carbon in the filters, its lots of small black granules so you can use these to make a filter out of but if you do this option then follow a diy carbon filter guide using activated carbon and that will show you exactly what to do as you need the air passing through the carbon else it wont get rid of the smell,

another option for smell is them ona gel things, you can mount a fan in the lid of a bucket and put ona in the bottom of the bucket with a small amount of water, then cut holes in the side of the bucket and have the fan running so its blowing the air into the bucket then the air coming out the vents in the bucket will be smell nice, but that wont help with temps,

so if its the room temp that your having problems with then you will need to rig up a fan and ducting to blow the air out allowing cool air to be sucked into the room or leave the grow door open a few inches, if you rig up a vent just make sure the outlet is at the top of the grow space and the inlet vent is towards the floor, this will work the best as heat rises so will always be hotter higher up plus drawing cool air in low down helps give the plants plenty of fresh air

How's it coming along KushMaster?

It's going ok. Kinda slow tho still no buds or signs of female. Roots are getting big and drinking lots of water I'm going to be updating pics tomorrow. But I wanna get another seed or clone going just don't have a way at the time I wanna keep myself busy but can't find a way to lol

Hey everyone I just checked the girls today and got some great new.... My og kush as hairs showing.. I didn't look the whole thing of ause I gotta get to my grandma n help her put carpet in but I did check n seen like ten sets on the nodes so she's didn't hermie on me... I'm so excited!!!!

Hey everyone here is an update with my roots. Also I'm uploading some pictures of nodes with what I believe to be hairs. They have all the signs n white hairs starting to pop out so I know she's female thank god!!!! N I'm thinking will start budding soon. Thanks to everyone who told me to switch light cycles cause I believe that's what was the problem also I don't top my res up every other day I just let it go to bout 2 inches from the bottom and my roots have been growing fast... So everything is going good as of now!! Let me knock what everyone thinks of the hair..
image3863.jpg
image3862.jpg
image3865.jpg
image3864.jpg
image3867.jpg
image3869.jpg
image3866.jpg

very nice, certainly is female so looking good, roots are also growing a lot more,

should turn out very nice,

have some reps my friend

Making positive advancements, accomplishments, helping others, gifts. On the bottom left of every post (just to the right of "Blog This Post") there's a 6 point star looking icon. Click that and the person that made that post will get reputation points from you. I gave you one to and I noticed your bar went from 1 to 2. You can also give a reason to your gift of a rep point.

Thanks for explaining to me sorry for some of the newb questions but I'm still trying to figure this site n growing things out.. I also gave u rep skybound thanks again homie

We're all noobs bro, some just newer noobs than others. no worries and never feel foolish about asking any questions. The way I approach a matter, if I consider it to be urgent and time sensitive, I'll pose the question somewhere in the forums, then begin researching the internet and old 420 posts for my answer. Some people get upset that you not first use the search tools, but getting the question out may get you an immediate answer and save you many hours, days or even weeks of trolling through wrong answer after another. If I'm so offended that someone asks a question that's been answered a hundred thousand times over, I just won't answer it, but you prolly can tell I don't get offended about stuff like that. It's easier to just answer rather than explain why you should've tried to search first, b/c someone else is gonna join 420 and put me right back to the beginning. Just help when ya can and the universe shall repay your efforts 7fold.

@Skybound but yeah I normally research shit all day when I can. In my phone ill keep little notes when I randomly think of something to try or do or look up n if its questions I just realized the other day instead of posting when I have kinda a silly question or something that I can figure out but just trying to get out side options so I don't over think stuff is to just post my questions in my journal cause its my journal i can post whatever questions or things to the people already following it. You guys have all been very helpful and respectful to and giving me answers that r helpful and not be rude or making it hard for me to learn. I'm just trying to learn the art behind this.

If I make a diy cool tube would it be ok to put a 600watt hps light in a cabinet that's 29"L 14.5"W 44"h ... Ill also have a carbon scrubber and fans blowing air in and out from a cool air source So I plan on having alot of air movement just wondering what everyone thinks before I go but a bunch of things and start building let me know what you think!!!

My cabinet is just a few more inches on all 3 dimensions and I am struggling to maintain optimal conditions with 6 CFLs and a 2' mini floro. Granted I only have 2 110 CFM PC fans for venting and an 8" Oscillating fan for movement, I still think your 600HID in that small space would just be way too much to handle. Unless you are prepared to make that little closet into a wind tunnel being cooled by an industrial freezer, I suggest not going that route unless you are prepared to monitor conditions 24/7. Just my 2 pennies

My cabinet is just a few more inches on all 3 dimensions and I am struggling to maintain optimal conditions with 6 CFLs and a 2' mini floro. Granted I only have 2 110 CFM PC fans for venting and an 8" Oscillating fan for movement, I still think your 600HID in that small space would just be way too much to handle. Unless you are prepared to make that little closet into a wind tunnel being cooled by an industrial freezer, I suggest not going that route unless you are prepared to monitor conditions 24/7. Just my 2 pennies

Thanks for in imput and u think your right my closet there in now is alot bigger.. I want to change to LEDs but do not have the money for how much they are. I would like to down size and put them in this cabinet to help hide everything. I also am having trouble selling my current set up so I can down size but not everyone around me is in the market right now. Ohh well I guess I'll have to manage just not sure what to do when smell starts getting stronger. The hairs on the plants are really starting to pop out.. I'm going to update pictures on Sunday to how there doing..

Back
Top Bottom