Blue Mystic Autos + LEDs + Bubbles

the plants are looking good nice setup

Thanks avalon13,

I learned so much on the first grow, it was easy to tidy up this grow.

I'm blown away by the quality of the seeds and the lighting. The added simplicity of the hydro set-up has made this second grow much easier to contend with. There is still much room for improvement though.

But the journey has only just begun...

Gonna get a chair early so I am nice and close to the front.:geek: Can see better~~ :popcorn:

Welcome! Glad you could join us.

I know what you mean too! I was walking down the street the other day and "Bam!", the prescription for my glasses ran out!

This is epic i havent seen those lights before really sweet set up! Keep it going!

Thank you!

I really like them. The spectrum on these is such that running both red & blues together, the color to the eye is almost normal, not that bright blaring pink/purple. Photographs still pull the reds heavy, unless you set your white point.

The previous grow, I was pretty much saved by lighting. I over ferted, whacked pH out, dialed them in towards the end, but the harvest was 98% rock hard nugs, very little popcorn.

lookin good m8 good luck with yer grow ,amazing the speed these autos can grow, i think yer gonna likeem

Yo smokinweedgi!

Thanks! I am constantly amazed. Growth can only be described as furious, almost "angry" growth on a few of them :morenutes:

I have 3 specimens that the 4 lowest branches have grown upward and surpassed the plants actual top by a few inches.

I'll try and get some pics posted today!

Day 24.
DSC02936-jungle.jpg

Top-Left has taken well to the new Pro-Grow 180W LED (...well, all of them have, really).
DSC02932_TRhand.jpg

Top-Left's 1st & 2nd node branches have blown past the plant top by about 5cm or so.
DSC02933_TR-branching.jpg

Low-Left's and Top-Left's nodes are beginning to alternate and stretch, I think they'll ready to declare sex any time now. I know they are feminized seeds, but until I see white hairs, it could just as well be male.
DSC02938_rightgtoup.jpg

Now the next concern... headroom. Stay tuned!

Looking good man.May I ask what nutes you are using and how its affecting root zone if any and what flush strategy and product you are using.Your ladys are looking real nice.I hear you on head room Ive given up and just letting mine go lol.Flower a little earlyer next time with the strain I descided on:peace:

dur dur durrr.I fliped the pages back and see your doing stealth hydro.LOL I am not very observant today.sorry about that.:loopy:

Looking good man.May I ask what nutes you are using and how its affecting root zone if any and what flush strategy and product you are using.Your ladys are looking real nice.I hear you on head room Ive given up and just letting mine go lol.Flower a little earlyer next time with the strain I descided on:peace:

dur dur durrr.I fliped the pages back and see your doing stealth hydro.LOL I am not very observant today.sorry about that.:loopy:

No worries, I dur dur durrr all the time! :bong: Hahaha!

The only issue with the Stealth Hydro nutrients is that I don't know what is in them. On the plus side though, the SH nutes pH my local water to near perfection (5.8±). I do a slight adjustment on my tap water first, so as the plants devour the nutrients, the pH doesn't drift too far up.

I started 25% of a packet at day 10. Should have waited another 4 days or so, but by the following week was running the nutrients at 100% (50% at res change, the rest as required.

As to the flowering, I'm really hoping the "auto" autos real soon! The seeds were from the very first batch of the Blue Mystic Autos restocked after some earlier quality issues. There was much hysteria even after the re-release that they have been pulled again. As to fem seeds being males, other than optimal conditions, there is little else I can do. But ig they don't begin flowering in the next 14-21 days, I may drop to a 16/8 and/or a 14/10 to try to kick en into bloom then switch back up to 18/6... Who knows???

Mr.Endive..

Looking very nice my Friend.. !! .. Somehow I didnt know about this Journal until today,, but Im GLAD I found it.. !!

Much Love and Respect to you and yours,, Sir.. ..

they look like there thriving now nice pics

Yeah, now we're just trying to keep the momentum going. I'm still using the grow nutrients, but may switch to bloom nutrients by the next reservoir change. Beyond replacing res water, they seem to be on auto-pilot.

Let's see... Did a reservoir change this past Sunday, added a regiment of foliar spraying diluted FF Grow Big every other day or so.

Thrilled with the lighting coverage since switching to the Pro-Grow 140w to the 180w. Ben at Hydroponics Hut (our lighting vendor) said that I'd see a big boost in vegetation, he's absolutely correct. It's kicking booty now, but the proof is in the bloom and if it blooms anything like the 140w it replaces, well be sitting pretty.
DSC02965_lightsdown.jpg

DSC02958-gtoup.jpg

Trying to keep the lights about 15" (38cm) above the canopy, we've been having to raise them 2-3 inches every 2 days.
DSC02960-lighting.jpg

Rather than LST, FIM, pruning, topping, etc. I've begun leaf weaving. It's the process of manipulating the large fan leaves to a position below the branch head beneath it, allowing the plant to retain it leaves, but allow light below the canopy. A little time consuming & chaotic looking at first, but the inner growth is really responding well.
DSC02963leafweaving.jpg

Mr.Endive..

Looking very nice my Friend.. !! .. Somehow I didnt know about this Journal until today,, but Im GLAD I found it.. !!

Much Love and Respect to you and yours,, Sir.. ..

RedDawg! Glad you found it!!!

Since getting rid of the Goth-Hydro UFO (really pink/red), you can really see the color spectrum difference with these LEDs. I only did a slight white point adjustment so the pics look to me as I see them in real life.

I may really miss the pink/red/purple hues when photographing "glam-shots" of the ladies in bloom. LOL!

I forgot about this pic, it was snapped by my GF last reservoir change (Day 25 from seed).

We needed a little space to clean up the tent and tidy up cables and cords and such. The ladies got placed in a side room. Sometime during this, there was a break in the weather and they got to chill for about 20 min in the sunlight.
DSC02942-sunlight.jpg

I got sad thinking that this was the first and probably only time they would ever see the light of the sun. (with exception of sunsets at the coast, well after they are cut & cured)

Day 28 - It's a Girl!!!
DSC02974_girl.jpg

Well girl(s) really. Top-Left is sportin' her first hairs. Low-Left, Top-Mid and Low-Right all have early calyxes, but no hairs as of yet. Top-Right will need a few days to play catch up to the other 4.

Once they all show hairs, I'll breath my first sigh of relief. It is the key indicator that
1. - they are female
and
2. - Less than a month old and showing signs of sexing at 18/6 lighting. I'd say the "auto" may be kicking in right on time!

I think I'll finish out the week on Grow Nutrients, then switch to Bloom this weekend.

This is gettin' exciting!

Day 29 from seed.

Not a whole lot to report. I did finally set my water pump to a timed "5 minutes on: 55 minutes off" cycle. It had been running continuously till now.

I think we're hitting the stretch... I noticed a great deal of space and light opening up on "Low-Left" and "Top-Left's" otherwise dense undergrowth.

DSC02977-group.jpg

Fat fingered leaves just under 2" wide.
DSC02978-2inch.jpg

Top-Left is bushing out with no help, nearly 15" in all directions.
DSC02979_TL-Ft_wide.jpg

Let the wild rumpus begin!
DSC02981-group-top.jpg

Looking good indive.To bad you had to send the other light back I notice he is advertising your grow on his sight.Did he show you any gratitude with such a nice looking grow?:yummy:

No kidding, both of the lights would have been awesome! But I'm totally stoked with what I have with the 180w. Not only is it 40 more watts, but I believe there may have been tinkering to the spectrums as well. I hope to improve on what the first grow did. Time will tell if we'll need to run supplemental side lighting or not. (plus, for some reason I'm really attached to that old 90w CREE UFO)

As to the grow being posted. I knew there were a few grows posted there (by some skilled farmers), but didn't know the Bubblelicious grow was there till mid-November. I was glad it was a decent grow, as it showcased their 140w. Ben over there is great too, knows his stuff!

Looking great man, the 180w looks like it is doing well for your babies.

BC

Back
Top Bottom