Blue Mystic Autos + LEDs + Bubbles

Plants looks thick and great, and big!
Looks at those roots!
Sucks about the auto flowering seeds,Iv read so many people having problems with them but at the same time have seen them work perfect for others,idk...
Im glad I held off from buying them untill the hole mess with auto flowers works out ect,
But looking good!

Many thanks j4s2u0,

I've heard that Lowryders (& direct descendants; LR2, EasyRyder, etc) are safe bets, but a lot of attempts to "recreate" popular strains as autos has been hit or miss.

Regardless of photoperiod, as long as these girls bloom out to be worthy meds, I'm happy.

Even the original LR and LR2 sometimes don't auto. The auto-flowering trait is recessive, and it takes quite a bit of work to stabilize, requiring several crosses and sometimes back-crosses to produce seeds that will auto reliably, so it's not so easy to do.

If you lose the trait, or you want to create your own auto strain, it's also not real easy to find feral ruderalis landrace seeds, so there's lots of unstable seeds.

If you breed "stable" F1 generation auto plants to each other and create F2 seeds, only about 20% of them will auto. To re-stabilize the trait, you'd have to breed the ones that auto to each other for at least five generations to go from that 20% back to where you started.

If your dud autos are anything like the ones I've had, you will be very happy soon ;).

The prospect of auto flowers just looked so dang exciting I couldn't resist.

I really like the short veg to 12/12 line of thought. Maybe run them 20/4 for 2 or 3 weeks, depending on size, them drop them down to 12/12.

So I question, with...

• a grow area of 3' x 2' (about 2.5' of vertical grow space)
  • 260 watts of LED lighting
  • 2-3 plants (with fast finishing genetics like Rocklock, Afgan Kush, Aurora Indica... )
  • in a 6gal hydro/DWC set up...

I may gun to see what is the largest yield I could sustain every 90-120 days within the space.

I'm not down on autos. In fact, I still grow them because they're fun to grow.

I agree with NuhNugz that you're better off without the auto-flowering. Your plants have been vegging at least 3 extra weeks because they didn't auto, so you're going to wind up with a lot more bud ;).

I really like the short veg to 12/12 line of thought. Maybe run them 20/4 for 2 or 3 weeks, depending on size, them drop them down to 12/12.

So I question, with...

• a grow area of 3' x 2' (about 2.5' of vertical grow space)
  • 260 watts of LED lighting
  • 2-3 plants (with fast finishing genetics like Rocklock, Afgan Kush, Aurora Indica... )
  • in a 6gal hydro/DWC set up...

I may gun to see what is the largest yield I could sustain every 90-120 days within the space.

Even with a 10gal DWC, it can be hard to maintain PH levels and avoid root rot, so if you can go at all bigger on the res, that would be good.

Some LST, topping, or a screen will keep them under 24".

I'm thinking the 6gal res is because it's low-profile, so that makes sense, but it may not be easy to keep a 6gal res healthy.

Endive, like many others I started with auto's, but soon found it just as fast, if not faster, to take clones from a healthy mom, veg them for a short rooting period then toss them under 12/12. Autos have their place but I found it easier to clone and go, especially if you need to keep them shorter.

BC

Hey thanks for the input guys! Gives me a lot to think about & plan for!

Hmmm... Another tent (4' x 4'), some more lighting... bigger res, and then I'll be happy!

Day 46 from seed, Day 6 of 12/12

Another nutrient change... Behold the root cube! Keep in mind that is 5 plants, the mass is about 20" x 15 x 18.
DSC03024_root_prawn.jpg

"Self-portrait in the sun with blue-mystics"
DSC03022_Mr_happy.jpg

All cleaned up and ready for the tent!
DSC03017_birdseyte.jpg

Light shots. The taller and denser these ladies get, the more concerned with overgrowth & light blocking I become, but so far the coverage & penetration are looking fine. I have trimmed some growth that is below the 7" line, but much of the lower branches shot up tall and became part of the canopy.
DSC03019_lights_action.jpg

The two smaller plants (Top-Mid & Top-Right) have begun throwing out a lot of pre-flowers at the base of the sun leaf stems, but no white hairs at the leaf bud tips yet.

Lookin' good man! Looks similar to my non-auto Blue Mystics during veg, maybe they got their seed stock mixed up.

BC

NEVER HAPPY! always want bigger and more haha. Its a neverending cycle.

I often remind myself to enjoy the journey, as it is the pursuit of happiness that is what is most satisfying.
That and a bigger tent, more lights, and.... :laughtwo:

are the roots good for anything after the grow is finished? I thought about running all mine through the blender, making some mush with them and then tilling them into my tomato/potato garden next spring.

I've always chopped & composted root balls, of any plant. Several whacks with a machete, a little tiller action... *Poof* worm & plant food!

Back
Top Bottom