Blue Mystic Autos + LEDs + Bubbles

So, I walk into the room this morning, about an hour before lights were on and got hit by a most pungent "coffee/axle oil" aroma permeating the room. Up till this point the girls have been pretty mellow regarding any odor, but I've now got the fan/filter running every 20 minutes.

After the lights came on, I stuck my head in and for the life of me cannot tell which plant(s) are stinking (in a very good way). So far Low-Right is the only one that does not have the lighter fruity scent, but not quite the strength as what filled the room.

But on the plus side, as I was tootling around, I discovered white hairs cropping up on 3 of the 5 - It's official, we're in bloom! :phew: Whew!

Hey endive I was just browsing your previouse grow...Man thats some good stuff.I read you were using time release ferts.Were you using the osmocote.I did a soil grow a while back using 2 hh pg 90 watts on a purple widow but my nugs were no where near as thick as yours.Good job on that grow I am hoping I get something close to that with my new set up.Just the clones for now with long flower time but I have some others started in my starter box.mango:wood:hash spice super skunk.

Hey endive I was just browsing your previouse grow...Man thats some good stuff.I read you were using time release ferts.Were you using the osmocote.I did a soil grow a while back using 2 hh pg 90 watts on a purple widow but my nugs were no where near as thick as yours.Good job on that grow I am hoping I get something close to that with my new set up.Just the clones for now with long flower time but I have some others started in my starter box.mango:wood:hash spice super skunk.

Thanks Turttle,

Yeah, at the time I couldn't find Osmocote Pro (it has all the micro nutrients too) and settled on the old 14-14-14 and tried supplementing micros with FF Grow Big. Everything went well from bloom on, with exception to my pH getting out of whack and causing nutrient lock-outs, but that wasn't the fertilizers fault.

Mistake 1 - Never settle, Osmocote Pro is the way to go for TR nutrients.

Mistake 2 - I leeched my pots prior to harvest. I was told that to cull TR nutrients from the soil you need to lower the root zone temp, watering with sub-68ºF water was one tip for the final week(s). Leeching may actually put more nutrients into play.

I also got lucky with strong, forgiving seed genetics. I think some of the more temperamental strains may have gone belly up on me.

I've gotta say I really like the set up on your current grow (obviously your plants do too!), if I can garner the space needed, I'd love to do individual DWC buckets like that.

Ahhh... More space AND more time...
:peace:

Hey Endive, here is what to expect from a Blue Mystic at day 42 :).
Hope yours turn out nice too. She is really starting to thicken up now, huge growth spurt in the last few days, almost doubled her bud size.

IMGP1692.JPG

Hello endive. Just stopped by to say nice journal and also I bought a Blue Mystic regular seed from Single Seed. I was totally unaware of your journal and did a forum search. Good to see what the plants will look like. I got a hold of an Afghan Kush Ryder for free also with my purchase so I shall see how it goes with the auto-flowering. Up until this point I have grown from clones exclusively. If I get males that is okay too. I will save the pollen for future breeding experiments. I want to cross the Blue Mystic with the Black water and make a new strain called "Black and Blue". Good luck on the flowering. Hope you get some decent buds.

indeed, there are few pursuits where hairy stinkiness are welcomed, even celebrated.

rock on endive ;)

Hahahaha! Well said and so true!

Thank you for dropping in Setting Sun, and stay tuned. After watching the girls closely over the last few days, I think things are about to get interesting... :slide:

Hey Endive, here is what to expect from a Blue Mystic at day 42 :).
Hope yours turn out nice too. She is really starting to thicken up now, huge growth spurt in the last few days, almost doubled her bud size.

IMGP1692.JPG

YES!!!
That is essentially the poster-child for what we're gunning for. I should print it out & tape it inside the tent to motivate my girls, as to what they are training for. :morenutes:

Edit: We need to dog-ear this and come back in 35 days to compare shots. If I'm even close to as good as yours, I'll be stoked.

I gotta wonder since yours did not auto if you could reveg or clone them. The one above is 47 days today, will be updating it later today.

Hello endive. Just stopped by to say nice journal and also I bought a Blue Mystic regular seed from Single Seed. I was totally unaware of your journal and did a forum search. Good to see what the plants will look like. I got a hold of an Afghan Kush Ryder for free also with my purchase so I shall see how it goes with the auto-flowering. Up until this point I have grown from clones exclusively. If I get males that is okay too. I will save the pollen for future breeding experiments. I want to cross the Blue Mystic with the Black water and make a new strain called "Black and Blue". Good luck on the flowering. Hope you get some decent buds.

Hi Growing247! :welcome:

Good timing, as currently there are a few Blue Mystic grows of varying phenotypes and at different stages of development within the forum here.

I would be very interested in following your Afghan Kush Ryder seed along its journey should you have the opportunity to get a journal going. Though I got burned by the lack of "auto trait" in these blue mystics, but the Afghan Kush Ryder holds my interest for a future auto grow.

I gotta wonder since yours did not auto if you could reveg or clone them. The one above is 47 days today, will be updating it later today.

Although I have not officially cloned them, as I was trimming undergrowth I set two cut stems into a glass of tap water and forgot about them. Four days later one was wilted and gone, but the other one, though droopy had rootlets at the cut.

I don't recall which of the girls it was, it was random, but there seems to be no reason why any of them won't re-vegetate or clone. Once into full bloom, it may trigger an irreversible flowering cycle that autos have, but only time will tell. If the opportunity to extend the light cycle at the end of this grow presents itself, we should give it a go!

Day 53 from seed, Day 12 of 12/12

Some of the phenotypes are really hitting the stretch, easily 3-4cm of growth a day, Others are staying tight & compact, but all are in stages of bloom
Space is now a precious commodity.
DSC03225-2ft.jpg

Top-Left is a stretcher, each of her branches look like plants themselves though. Her pistils are really long.
DSC03222-pistils.jpg

DSC03223-pistils_dime.jpg

Some of the other girls have denser pistil clusters than Top-Left, but I think barring any unnatural circumstances, she'll be the big producer of the group.

Meanwhile feel free to chime in, I always enjoy conversation.

Autoflowers are getting tempting for me. I want to plant an early spring outdoor crop and have them finish by October. I live in the Pacific Northwest so I am looking for hardy outdoor strains that can hold up to lot's of rain, humidity and the like. I am leaning towards strains like The Church, Texada Timewarp, and other plants that thrive in Britich Colombia type conditions. 60 day wonder and Green O Matic also looks promising as well as the new Haze Auto-flower from Dinafem. I might just plant a bunch of each one and see how it goes. Seeds are just SO dang expensive though. Really with seeds were cheaper. I bought a bunch of cheap Nirvana seeds like Aurora Indica to hold me over but right now I am growing some truly killer strains indoor. Metal Haze, Hash Plant, Warlock (amazing strain), as well as Bubba Kush, Trainwreck, and clone only Purple Urkle which turns an amazing purple color very late in flowering. Also, Papaya Indica, Pitbull, Lemon Diesel, Carnival (over 20% THC) and Romulan...

indeed, there are few pursuits where hairy stinkiness are welcomed, even celebrated.

rock on endive ;)

SettingSun LMAO. Endive, just found this today. Impressive to see how far you've come. :thumb:

I am growing my first AFs- F2 Low Ryder/Bubble X- and similarly frustrated. I got little help/info from the person I bought them from, so I was winging it.

At about 3 weeks/6" (with zero signs of flip) I switched to 12/12 and bloom nutes. After several weeks of no growth/signs, I finally came across some AF info. I switched back to 18/6 and veg nutes and they are growing again, roughly a leaf set per day. Maybe 'we' should start an AF blog. What say you, all?

Instead of more LEDs, I decided to go with a Quantum Bad Boy T-5 (8 bulb= ~ 400 watts with 16 bulbs-- $350).

Bad Boy T5 Quantum 8 bulb AmericanGardenSupply.com
I can swap out and mix HO bulbs (2900/6500) on the fly, which theoretically allows me to simulate the spectrums from spring planting to fall harvest.
Hmmmm, maybe I need to add a couple more 2900s.
. :peacetwo:

Autoflowers are getting tempting for me. I want to plant an early spring outdoor crop and have them finish by October. I live in the Pacific Northwest so I am looking for hardy outdoor strains that can hold up to lot's of rain, humidity and the like. I am leaning towards strains like The Church, Texada Timewarp, and other plants that thrive in Britich Colombia type conditions. 60 day wonder and Green O Matic also looks promising as well as the new Haze Auto-flower from Dinafem. I might just plant a bunch of each one and see how it goes. Seeds are just SO dang expensive though. Really with seeds were cheaper. I bought a bunch of cheap Nirvana seeds like Aurora Indica to hold me over but right now I am growing some truly killer strains indoor. Metal Haze, Hash Plant, Warlock (amazing strain), as well as Bubba Kush, Trainwreck, and clone only Purple Urkle which turns an amazing purple color very late in flowering. Also, Papaya Indica, Pitbull, Lemon Diesel, Carnival (over 20% THC) and Romulan...

I wish I could do the outdoor season... Hmmm... Autos would be perfect in the tomato bed next to the soy beans... :hmmmm:

I hear you about the $eed price$, sounds like you have a true connoisseur's collection! I usually wait for specials or sales, but don't want to get too far ahead of myself.

IMPORTANT - Do check the Sponsors link here, all too often there are specials and sales that get missed (like the Nirvana "Seeds for a Sonnet" contest).
:peace:

SettingSun LMAO. Endive, just found this today. Impressive to see how far you've come. :thumb:[

I am growing my first AFs- F2 Low Ryder/Bubble X- and similarly frustrated. I got little help/info from the person I bought them from, so I was winging it.

At about 3 weeks/6" (with zero signs of flip) I switched to 12/12 and bloom nutes. After several weeks of no growth/signs, I finally came across some AF info. I switched back to 18/6 and veg nutes and they are growing again, roughly a leaf set per day. Maybe 'we' should start an AF blog. What say you, all?

Instead of more LEDs, I decided to go with a Quantum Bad Boy T-5 (8 bulb= ~ 400 watts with 16 bulbs-- $350).

Bad Boy T5 Quantum 8 bulb AmericanGardenSupply.com
I can swap out and mix HO bulbs (2900/6500) on the fly, which theoretically allows me to simulate the spectrums from spring planting to fall harvest.
Hmmmm, maybe I need to add a couple more 2900s.
. :peacetwo:

Hi PetFlora, Thank you for stopping in!

I like the idea of an AF sub-forum. There are a few very impressive auto grows that just wrapped up in the journals. A wealth of knowledge already forming!

That Bad Boy is sick! How warm does it get?

Day 56 from seed, Day 16 - 12/12

DSC03228_day56-16.jpg

Other than a little bending and lollipop pruning (very little pruning), I'm just letting the ladies do their thing under the lights. Began using FF Big Bloom in the latter part of the week, as a regular regiment. About 1.5 tbsp/gallon in the reservoir and diluted per instructions, as a foliar spray. Reservoir temps have been in the low 60º degrees, so I've not been using h2o2. Everything is looking good.

Back
Top Bottom