Blue Mystic Autos + LEDs + Bubbles

Looking great man, the 180w looks like it is doing well for your babies.
BC
So far, so good! I am concerned that the plants may a bit too unruly (not a problem I mind having), been thinking about dropping the light time down from 18/6 to maybe 16/8 to control growth.

ya def like the LED nice pics also
Thank you avalon13!

Whats up endive, very nice grow going I cant wait to see them all flower. just wondering why do you add 2 oz. hydrogen peroxide per pay? If I'm thinking right that is H2O2, is that good for the hydro setups?

Hi Hydrogrown! In the first 2 weeks of getting started, I was having issues keeping my reservoir temps below 70º and while I wasn't getting pythium, the roots were discoloring and beginning to smell funky. Since higher nutrient solution temps means less oxygen for the roots, and things seemed like they could go south easily, I began looking into preventative measures. I discovered an article on h2o2 being used to improve oxygen content and thwart bacteria (unfortunately good bacteria too, though the end may justify the means).

I can't find the original article, but the gist of it can be read here »

Since then, I've got my temps in the 68-70º F range, and I still am using about 2.25 oz per 6 gallons. Roots are a nice bright off-white, and smell clean (kind of a salad like smell). I have since started to look at other options like hygrozyme and such...

but tight now everything going well, and you know what they say...

"if it ain't broke... you're not trying hard enough!"

e.

You should be good using the h202. Hydrozyme is good to use with organics as it works with organic nutes.The h202 kills all the arganic goodies and living good microbes as where the hydrozyme adds microbes to rid the bad ones.

Thank you Turttle! I saw your other post on Hydrozyme & h2o2, I really appreciate the 411!

So much to learn, it really is a time saver getting right to the "root" of the matter! :rofl:

Yeah I am still learning myself.I would half to say organics are best left for soil.Any thing with quanos(tea) is going to cause a davelpment of bad microbes(slime)and it is really hard to manage.The best thing to use in a hydro grow as far as organics would be plant based organic.I have been using the hydrozyme and so far I think this stuff works great.I think a nute that may work best for hydro would be gh.I think the nute you are using is stealth h.I think its a synthetic nute readly available which you can use h202.If using organic I would recomed hydrozyme as it adds to the population of organic micro organisms.The hydrozyme is good to have I would recomend it.

Day 32 from seed.

At this point, unless there is some epic growth it's kind of wait and see (and boring) as to the next step.

Figuring as how 4 of 5 have declared female I changed the nutrient solution this time to the "Bloom" fertilizer (5-15-14). I'm hoping that my timing is good for it. In a photoperiod grow, I'd start to bump up the P & K about a week before 12/12, but strangely these autos have remained silent about their plans.

A pic from the underworld... Root pR0N!
DSC02996_happy-roots.jpg

They get to "hang out" and air their roots in the transfer bin.
DSC03000bush.jpg

Even cleaned the lights today too!
DSC02998_Lights.jpg

Fresh Bloom Nutrients, Yum! :morenutes:
DSC02997_bubbles.jpg

Out of the transfer bin, into the reservoir
DSC02994_Group-out.jpg

Ran a little wire to train Top-Left and Low-Left, just to pull them away from each other & the other three. Not LST really, just some leaning.

More as it happens...

you may have to flip them to 12/12 to kick them into flowering. Not just Nirvana, but other seeds banks also have had problems with autos that don't auto.

If you have limited headroom, it might be better to flip them now than wait much longer, although I think your leaf weaving technique is totally cool, especially for a tub-style grow.

your Blue Mystic look great!

nice job!

Hi everyone,

I really appreciate kind words, comments, tips & ideas! You all rock! :theband:

Day 34
It's official, 5 of 5 Blue Mystic Autos all have female pre-flowers! Now if they'd just look like Blue Mystics, and autoflower, I'll be set!
2010-12-07_07-54-23_772_group.jpg

The girls have been more active, steadily increasing there consumption, they drank just over 1.25 gallons since yesterday morning, thats thats an increase of nearly 1/2 gallon, it has been ramping up about a quart a day. Temperatures and humidity have been pretty constant.

Even with wiring her down Top-Left is well above 14" tall and wide.
2010-12-07_07-52-08_297top_from_lid.jpg

We still have about 4 inches we can lift the lights, and I can lower the reservoir about an additional 8 inches, so we're okay for headroom for now.

"Low-Left" is bushing out. I threw a wire on her to get a slight bend in her going. Not LST really, just to open her up a bit.

Top-Mid and Top-Right, a little crammed, but growth is dense & nodes tight.

Though the color is thrown off by the lighting, Low-Right is sporting some blue hues in the areas with very dark green growth.
2010-12-07_07-53-48_975_LwR.jpg

Great job ladies, now bloom! Please...

Hi, I hope everyone is doing fine!

From Day 39 - Sunday 12/12/2010

13658-m.jpg

Well, I am calling it... The Blue Mystic Autos are "no go" on the auto.

We're entering into week 7 and no sign of auto-flowering. Bloom nutrients in the tank for weeks, and lights at 16/8. Nodes are still tight, growth has slowed down due to bloom nutrients. We will dropped the light cycle down to 13/11 (what I bloomed the Bubblelicious at) after a 36he dark period, to see if that is will trigger any photosensitive flowering traits. (more to come on this...)

Reservoir change this past Sunday, had issues locating & disconnecting the water pump. Roots are so thick, they've devoured the pump & manifold.
13659-m.jpg

The funny thing is a friend then pointed out I no longer needed the pump & manifold in the tank. Actually haven't needed it weeks! :tokin: - Thanks to the 619!

While they were out I did a little wire & bend to get the canopy mostly even-ish. For perspective, hidden in the midst of leaves is a 2 liter 7-Up bottle.
13660-m.jpg

Beyond that, all is well!

Unless they bloom and finish in 5-6 weeks, these autos will take longer than the non-auto plants in my first grow. Goals now have changed... we're just trying for

1) getting them to flower
2) quality
3) quantity

The seed supplier Nirvana, has been great in handling the issue. Here is their response:

Thanks for your message. We have heard from several customers that when they changed the light cycle to 12/12 the plants started to flower. However this is not a guarantee, because loads of other customers tried it without any effect.

The autoflowers have been a true nightmare for both us and our customers. We have stopped selling these for several months now. If you want us to, we can resend the seeds to you (ordinary femininzed seeds) or perhaps credit your account if you are not happy with the results so far.

We have seen the craziest mutant autoflower plants come by, so I have no idea if this is indica or sativa anymore :-(

We are very sorry for the inconvenience, and please get back to me about how you want to be compensated.​

In addition, they have pulled the suspect auto varieties until further notice.

So, the big picture is that I have 5 healthy female plants. If they bloom out, we'll be content. If they show no signs of blooming in... oh, say 14 days, I'll sprout some new seeds, terminate this grow and begin anew. But I just can't imagine them not flowering. We shall see...

Back
Top Bottom