Blue Mystic Goes Volcanic & The Fun Gi

Update - 3 weeks since clones where potted up.

I don't know plant height as such now as LSTing them has made that difficult to gauge but none the less growth is still vigorous, i've feed em a couple of times this week with a mild nutrient solution of 1ml fish mix, 2ml alg-a-mic as a mild defeciency has started to occur on the very oldest of leafs, these leafs date back to when the clone/cutting was taken i might just put the def down to old age of leafs ?

As a precuation i've started a mild feeding regime.

0011063.JPG

0021073.JPG

Fuzzy those girls are sweet:)

Not related to volcanic grow, but here's some eye candy intill blue mystic goe's volcanic is ready for flowering :thumb:

End of the 6th week of flowering / DLR / LST.

With the end of every week my routine maintenance of removel of dead 'n' yellowed shriviling leafs is done the lower canopy of the girls where quite badly filled with popcorn bud sites & these where removed today, this should allow more energy to be directed to main cola bearing sites creating bigger 'n' better bud than wasting precious plant energy on inferior popcorn bud sites :cheer:

0031022.JPG

004948.JPG

The cleaned lower canopy, bit like lollipopping prunning really...

006777.JPG

Bag of popcorn bud & shall be devoted to my bubble bag collection of bits, a minor loss in total yield but saves real time when it comes to trimming the harvest :high-five:

007738.JPG

Some may think this to be a stressfull tactic at this stage of flowering, thats yet to been seen !

But fuzzys into the hard learning curve & the only way i'm gonna get real facts...

Fuzzy those girls are sweet:)

Ye i'm quite happy with the volcanic rock dust & mycorrhizal fungi grow so far, the growth of the cloned plant has far exceeded my expectations :love:

Even tho the recent mild feed has made the leafs a slight darker green colour than i have experience over past grows of this strain which could be put down to nitrogen toxicity or atleast a mild case of it !

This might be contributed to the effects of the mycorrhizal fungi asborbing nutrients far greater than normally expected ?

I shall tread lightly on the matter of feeding tho to observe the effects of the fungi.

Its all quite different this grow to be honest & its keeping me on my toe's :thumb:

Yea they are really looking good Fuzz. They may be more then 3 feet. There going around the pot nicely. Very nice on the color also. Very healthy.

Buds are very nice! Very Very nice. They seem heavy.

Those girls in flower are aprox 2 foot tall & take up no more than a 45cm squared area !

I LST trained them at an early stage & a lot of those cola bearing branches are of the lower lateral branches, its quite amazing what ya can do with LST :thumb:

Its all going as expected almost... lol & they shall get fatter :green_heart:

Up date end of 4th week of veg & 6 weeks since cuttings/clones where taken.

Well i attempted to measure over all height today which was a bit tricky & if the girls stood straight i would be looking at some where betwwen 13 to 15 inches tall.

It appears that LST training does cause an auxin hormone shift which can slow growth intill balance is returned to normal over a period of a couple of weeks... lateral side branch development has increased tho.

I've not LST trained em as hard as the ones in flower at present which show a greater mass of bud bearing branches/cola's... time will tell tho !

Even tho some of the girls in veg show stronger form than others... every plant 'n' grow is always some what different from the last :thumb:

I've done a slight additional LSTing today to spread canopy for final training aka staking for when in flowering & suspect i shall veg for another 2 to 3 weeks yet depending on how i feel with results.

0011069.JPG

0021078.JPG

0031026.JPG

They may look small at present but from past experience of growing this strain they shall yield well, with a good firm spanking :Namaste:

P.s The ones in flower will start 2 weeks of flush very soon i'll get pic's up before i harvest em...

Very good lookin setup and plants is the blue mystic a good yielder?

Well according to the nirvana website Blue Mystic may yield 350 - 450 (g/m² in SOG) but thats SOG... which i have not found any hard facts of amount of plants used per m2 !

It all depends on grow style really my first 2 grows of the is strain yielded an average of 42g per plant based on an average of all 4 plants grown & the second grow yielded an average of 48g per plant.... this was based on between 36g to 56g per plant dry weight.

I would like to mention that NOT one of my grows resembles the last, as i have tweeked growing medium & LSTing methods to enhance yield !

& yet have a 3rd and 4th grow in progress to monitor results of this strain !

My very 1st grow of this strain yielded 20g dry weight as a noob grower... yet every time i have grown this strain i have progressed in yield, as i've learnt & watched this strain grow !

I love the way you do your training Fuzzy... hmmm....

Their is a method to ol fuzzys madness :thumb:

You don't often see staking used in many journals here at 420 tho but a little research shows some people may use this method...

The reasons i like staking for are...

1. Supports cola bearing branchs, which may bend or break in late flowering due to mass of bud !

2. Opens up canopy creating better air flow & reducing risk of powdery mildew !

3. Opens up canopy allowing for better light penertration & allowing more light to lower bud sites !

I do prefer to LST the girls in veg tho so that i can train lower branchs for secondary bud bearing cola's :high-five:

Staking is done the same day as i start the flowering cycle.

I don't really get into the idea of growing Mj to its natural formation of some what like a xmas tree, i don't think thats totally effective for growing indoors with lights tho due to the inverse square law of light effect...

The whole staking effect with bud colas remains be me of crown... fuzzys crown of buds :green_heart:

006739.JPG

Er well minor problems... don't know where to really start on this matter or best possible explanation !

I noticed this after first day of watering with nutrients, application rate 1.5ml fish mix, 2ml alg-a-mic & 2mil bioheaven was used per litre of water for a total of 2 litres used which was spread evenly between the 4 girls about 500ml each.

Now 2 days since watering/nutrients where applyed.

013412.JPG
010582.JPG
004951.JPG
0021080.JPG
0011071.JPG

I've honestly never seen a defeciency occur on this strain in the past whilst in veg & this being my 4th grow of blue mystic !

Defs normally don't occur after watering with nutrients either... lol

So i'm going to say Nutrient Burn which is difficult to achieve with organic nutrients even with the small amount of nutrients used... what i'm really putting this down to is the use of mycorrhizal fungi increasing nutrient absorbing abilities of the plant.

To a large degree, mycorrhizas seem to be symbiotic (mutualistic) relationships, in which the fungus obtains at least some of its sugars from the plant, while the plant benefits from the efficient uptake of mineral nutrients (or water) by the fungal hyphae. However, there can be circumstances in which the fungus is mildly detrimental, and others in which the plant feeds from the fungus.

So what i'm thinking the girls are expending extra plant energy sugars/carbohydrates etc to assimilate nutrients recently feed and rapid increase of available nutrients caused by symibotic relationship of fungi which has in turn created burn like symptoms...

If who ever reads that... god bless your brain cells as it just fragged mine trying to understanding all of that stuff :Namaste:

Opinions & thoughts are welcome !

could be lacking in phosphorus, just a guess.
heck you know:)

could be lacking in phosphorus, just a guess.
heck you know:)

P-Phosphorus did cross my mind on more than one occassion but bone meal was added to the soil mix to help compensate for phosphorus.

I just find it odd that it appears after watering/nutrients.... never happened before in veg.

Update end of the 5th week of veg & 7 weeks since cuttings where taken.

007745.JPG
006780.JPG

Taking good form & i suspect i'll be vegging for another week or 2 at the very most, one of those weeks might be under the 400w dual spectrum hps just to get em use to it before they go into flowering :thumb:

Update - NOT related to volcanic grow ! end of the 8th week of flowering.

004953.JPG
005910.JPG
0011074.JPG

Beyond sticky... not gonna take these much further as their pretty much done & due for the chop very soon :green_heart:

Back
Top Bottom