Grass Roots Hi Brix

I just made two big raised garden boxes :D. They got some really nice n potent soil too.

Compost, lil manure, bat guano, all sorts of blood bone fish cocoa meals, worm castings, actual worms, green sand, perlite, sulfur, lime, mycorrizal, peat moss, oyster shells, and a few other lil goodies :D

Hi Brix here I come! Ok maybe just medium brix but fuck it, its a start :D.

If you can think of anything I am missing let me know Doc!

I just made two big raised garden boxes :D. They got some really nice n potent soil too.

Compost, lil manure, bat guano, all sorts of blood bone fish cocoa meals, worm castings, actual worms, green sand, perlite, sulfur, lime, mycorrizal, peat moss, oyster shells, and a few other lil goodies :D

Hi Brix here I come! Ok maybe just medium brix but fuck it, its a start :D.

If you can think of anything I am missing let me know Doc!

You're missing the "Brix" part of high brix.

Go back and read carefully and you'll see that most of the stuff you list there is not suitable for producing high brix. You have far too many goodies, you do not have a soil test, etc.

You might grow some really nice plants.....but let's not call it high brix.

OK, so I thought I'd post a bit of an update on the whole state of High Brix growing, as it is unfolding in my garden.

Best Practice:

soil:ProMix HP with 20 lbs pure organic worm castings per bale
Minerals/Rockpowders: A specially formulated "broadcast" that was made for ProMix HP.
Foliar sprays:
Enthuse: Daily or as needed for plant stress, IE transplanting, taking cuttings, pruning, LST, supercropping...basically everything we due to our plants, especially and including environmental stress.

Side note: The most important aspect of growing is the environment! If you can't control your temps at all times, spend your money on fixing that....you'll get more improvement from a perfect environment and decent nutes than you will from perfect nutes and a random environment!

Bloomit: To be used a week before before the photoperiod is cut back and a week after that.
Amaze: To be used weekly beginning when stretch is ending and ending when buds get too dense or a week before harvest.
PGR: To be used with Bloomit and Amaze.
BrixBlaster: To be used weekly after 5 or 6 sets of leaves up until time of harvest.

A fine 20 micron mist is perfection in foliar sprays. We do not want to hose them down, or get them dripping wet. Invest in a good sprayer!

Soil Energy (Feeding)

Seed starts, rooted cuttings, transplants: Begin with liberal application of a root inoculation. The one I'm using now is from the same folks who make the broadcast and do the soil tests.

Microbial product: Z-Hume. This stuff is stupidly strong. A pint would be enough for 3 people with very large grows for a year.
Soil drench: Perk-Up and OND. The former is largely Calcium Nitrate and trace elements. The latter is a fish hydrolysate and trace elements. Perk-up is used every 2-4 weeks, while OND is used only at transplant time.

That's IT!!!!!

Things to avoid:

Homemade, guestimated foliar sprays.
Compost
Manure
Guano
Diatomacious earth
"other" microbial products, humic acid, etc.

Second Best practice:

ProMix HP
6-5-3 poweders as listed elsewhere
Azomite
Nature's Own tea at about 20:1
Amaze, Bloomit, PGR
Rock n Chicken
Worm Castings, 20 lbs per bale

Please, please don't go out and invent your own "carbo load" foliar sprays or anything like that. You're pretty much guaranteed to have a problem.

High Brix growing refers to a method that allows the plants to achieve their healthiest state. They have increased sugars, minerals, terpenes and everything else.

Pardon me if I have missed this, but is there a demonstrable correlation between THC and other cannabinoids and high brix or is this pure speculation? Is there any solid evidence for increased terpenes in cannabis or is this also a guess? No anecdotes please.

I'm trying to digest everything I can about high brix so I can upgrade my grow room in the next few months. Been closed down due to the cost of running a perpetual hydro grow kinda broke my bank. There just is so much to digest and relearn I've always been a hydro grower both mmj and for my veggies. Looks like you guys are pioneering the way to better and healthier plants. Hope to be able to Learn everything I need to know to be able to jump on the wagon and join the new Green pioneers. Keep up all the great work everyone thanks doc, ice, seagem, curso, and all the other high brix growers I didn't mention for all the info you have provided me hope to be able to figure this method out and thrive at it so I can in turn help others out like you all have Major reps for all you.

Back
Top Bottom