Grass Roots Hi Brix

This is great...
I think we posted at the same time.
I have to ask the question: What about seeds?
How much better and stronger will Brix make them? If any at all?

This is great...
I think we posted at the same time.
I have to ask the question: What about seeds?
How much better and stronger will Brix make them? If any at all?

I prefer to grow from seed whenever possible. Germinating the seed in high brix soil, with proper root inoculants will result in a far more vigorous plant that is healthy from the start.

I've a hunch it will improve female germination ratios as well.

But as with everything else, optimizing the environment is the single most important thing for all stages of growth.

I have a Auto Mini Gun, compliments of Bomb Seeds a freebie that I have been holding onto. What germination process would you set as a standard process for Hi Brix germination. Or would that even apply so early in the process?

I usually start with the following process and have almost 100% rate.

2 paper towels folded into quarters, place 1 onto a saucer, place seeds, fill saucer till it has a bit of standing distilled water, add the other quartered paper towel, place a ceramic bowl over and stick between my heating pad on low, if it is still to warm I put a hand towel under the saucer. In 24 hours all seeds that are going to germ have. I then wait 6 hours or so and pop into soil.

Not sure how to implement the Brix here?:thanks:

I have a Auto Mini Gun, compliments of Bomb Seeds a freebie that I have been holding onto. What germination process would you set as a standard process for Hi Brix germination. Or would that even apply so early in the process?

I usually start with the following process and have almost 100% rate.

2 paper towels folded into quarters, place 1 onto a saucer, place seeds, fill saucer till it has a bit of standing distilled water, add the other quartered paper towel, place a ceramic bowl over and stick between my heating pad on low, if it is still to warm I put a hand towel under the saucer. In 24 hours all seeds that are going to germ have. I then wait 6 hours or so and pop into soil.

Not sure how to implement the Brix here?:thanks:

Well, I'm not a fan of the paper towell method.....sorry.

The First 72 hours of a seed's life determines sex!
Best Practice for germinating seeds......not my opinion, this is science......

1.)Look up the term "gravitropism" Basically, roots grow down and stems grow up. This is very important! The emerging radicle isn't happy if it can't grow down and the emerging cotyledon and stem gets upset if it can't grow up! Stress=male.

2.)Roots hate light. Light on roots creates stress. Stress=male.

3.)delicate root hairs are damaged when the roots are handled, IE taken out of the paper and then put into medium.

4.)roots adapt to the medium. Hydro roots are very different than their soil counterparts. Roots in a sterile medium do not have the mychoryzal symbiotes....etc. Therefore, going from paper towel to soil=stress!

Them are Botanical Facts!

So, keeping the facts in mind here's the best way to germinate Cannabis seeds:

1.)make a divit in the well watered, moist soil with a pencil eraser, stick, dowell, finger.....fill the divit with a root inoculate like Biovam, Xtreme gardening Mykos or other suitable inoculant. We want to colonize the root zone ASAP and nothing works better than germinating the seed with all the friendlies right there in the soil.

2.)put seed in the hole, gently cover the seed and put it under bright light with temps about 72-75 degrees. The bright light is very important! T5's are great for this.

3.)keep the soil ever so slightly moist until you see germination. Once you see the emerging cotyledon, stop misting! You don't want damping off!

4.)do NOT germinate seeds in a high humidity environment, like a clone dome, etc. High humidity is for cuttings not seeds!

Solo cups with holes poked in the bottom work well, as do small nursery pots. Large containers hold too much water for proper germination....it's best to germ in small containers and then transplant.

I know people have success with the paper towell method....but they also have success with this method as well. I rarely get less than 70% females using this technique. I find using FFOF cut with about 1/3 FF Light Warrior is an optimal medium for germination, but I've had success with other soils as well. The FFOR/LW combo improves female/male ratios.

Thanks Doc,
That method I will consider to be superior to the paper towel thing. This would explain very well why I have ended up with almost all male plants. But since I haven't grown In over 20 years and outside to boot.

The seeds weren't to bad on price so I will get a better variety ordered and start the Brix.
Just found out I've got to order lights, the deal I had going fell through, he decided to keep them.

Also looks like I need to add an additional area in the room for a better t5 system.
:thanks:

i used paper towel method and out of 11 regular seeds i only had 2 males and 1 hermie, but i did read somewhere thats it causes stress to the seed if its lying flat and not growing in and up for stem and down for root position, so what i do now is create a steep slope in my germination tub and have wet paper towel or kitchen roll covering the slope, then i push the seeds into the slope and cover with another layer of wet towel, i only had slow germination with 2 seeds and after a week they had not sprouted so i placed them in soil instead of giving up hope and they all grew a few days later, so i have had 100% success using paper towel method and out of 11 regular seeds i had 8 fem plants so im pretty pleased with that, but if their is a method that will increase the amount of females next time round then ill give it a try, but i got to say one thing, the seeds that i put in the soil to germ their came out stronger than the seeds i had transplanted from paper towel to pots, the ones from paper towel grew slower after transplant and i used some soft plastic padded tweezers to transplant to pot, so i got to admit the seeds that sprouted directly in soil seemed to grow quicker and looked healthier for the 1st 2 weeks than the transplanted seeds, but all germed and all grew and 3 males if i call the hermie male out of 11 regular seeds isnt to bad, but im interested in anyways i can improve fem count as regular seeds are cheaper and i cant buy clones so if i can get 2 regular seeds for the price of 1 fem then and increase the chance of them both been female then im all for it

i used paper towel method and out of 11 regular seeds i only had 2 males and 1 hermie, but i did read somewhere thats it causes stress to the seed if its lying flat and not growing in and up for stem and down for root position, so what i do now is create a steep slope in my germination tub and have wet paper towel or kitchen roll covering the slope, then i push the seeds into the slope and cover with another layer of wet towel, i only had slow germination with 2 seeds and after a week they had not sprouted so i placed them in soil instead of giving up hope and they all grew a few days later, so i have had 100% success using paper towel method and out of 11 regular seeds i had 8 fem plants so im pretty pleased with that, but if their is a method that will increase the amount of females next time round then ill give it a try, but i got to say one thing, the seeds that i put in the soil to germ their came out stronger than the seeds i had transplanted from paper towel to pots, the ones from paper towel grew slower after transplant and i used some soft plastic padded tweezers to transplant to pot, so i got to admit the seeds that sprouted directly in soil seemed to grow quicker and looked healthier for the 1st 2 weeks than the transplanted seeds, but all germed and all grew and 3 males if i call the hermie male out of 11 regular seeds isnt to bad, but im interested in anyways i can improve fem count as regular seeds are cheaper and i cant buy clones so if i can get 2 regular seeds for the price of 1 fem then and increase the chance of them both been female then im all for it

I hear ya. I just wanted to be able to apply Brix to the entire process. This process is new to alot of us. I have alot of results with out the Brix process, there is always room for Improvement.

I will use the suggested method from Doc. I want to be able to control the variables for accurate results.

I hear ya. I just wanted to be able to apply Brix to the entire process. This process is new to alot of us. I have alot of results with out the Brix process, there is always room for Improvement.

I will use the suggested method from Doc. I want to be able to control the variables for accurate results.

FWIW, I've never had anyone follow my advice and then come back and say it didn't work.

Wanna grow the best:

1.)environment
2.)environment
3.)environment
4.)High Brix
5.)proper germination
6.)environment

yep, it sure sounds like you really know what your going on about, this high brix is very new to me, i never heard of it before the post in the journal before this group was made, so im going to follow along and try to see how it all works and how i can implement it in future grows, it sure sounds like it makes the plants healthy and gives great quality buds, which is what we all want, but i suppose happy plants is not just about the plants, its about keeping the soil happy and everything else, i understand now when you say feed the soil not the plants, so ill keep quiet and keep reading,

yep, it sure sounds like you really know what your going on about, this high brix is very new to me, i never heard of it before the post in the journal before this group was made, so im going to follow along and try to see how it all works and how i can implement it in future grows, it sure sounds like it makes the plants healthy and gives great quality buds, which is what we all want, but i suppose happy plants is not just about the plants, its about keeping the soil happy and everything else, i understand now when you say feed the soil not the plants, so ill keep quiet and keep reading,

Your voice is also needed, no questions are stupid, but the one's we dont ask.:cheer:

I posted a reply back to you Doc, however my Multi quote is not allowing me the option.

As long as I can confirm I will follow because it is something that needs to be evaluated and tuned in.

This is better then any book as it is counter productive which leads to knowledge of our marijuana plants and method's.

:thanks::bravo:

Okay I sent Doc an pm. I got back on to check updates on everything and found that 420 had moved the thread from the grow room forum to Journals. So I just wanted everyone to be aware of this so If you can't find it (like me) you will now know.

Waiting for doc's reply??

Great thread, was hopping to get a better understanding of this high brix method. Will be taking notes from the side lines, thanks to seagem for taking the initiative. + reps!:Namaste:

Hey all you High Brix growers! I have been away from the site quite a bit looking for a job but just landed one and now can spend more time back on the site. I am happy to see all of us using Doc Buds High Brix methods and tweaking it to our own settings, all in turn to help share a healthier and better way of growing!!! this is an awesome thread!

My suggestion would be if there is some way to insert near the beginning of the thread a list and links to all the High Brix grows going on here, I know there is a good handful of us trying this method and it would allow new interested users to see the method in action! I don't know if it's possible but thought I would suggest it!.

Special thank you to DocBud for bringing High Brix growing to our community!

Hey all you High Brix growers! I have been away from the site quite a bit looking for a job but just landed one and now can spend more time back on the site. I am happy to see all of us using Doc Buds High Brix methods and tweaking it to our own settings, all in turn to help share a healthier and better way of growing!!! this is an awesome thread!

My suggestion would be if there is some way to insert near the beginning of the thread a list and links to all the High Brix grows going on here, I know there is a good handful of us trying this method and it would allow new interested users to see the method in action! I don't know if it's possible but thought I would suggest it!.

Special thank you to DocBud for bringing High Brix growing to our community!

Hey Ice Mud
I will see about who is using the HBx and post some thing tomorrow with docs approval.

Hey Ice Mud
I will see about who is using the HBx and post some thing tomorrow with docs approval.

Icemud- sorry havent gotten around to checking who's who on the Brix yet, Im sure they will find their way to the forum.

wow. Im so excited about this new method of growing. Seems like its a really awesome way. especially for us outdoor growers who fight off pest daily. A list of other high brix growers would be cool. I really want to look and round and gather knowledge on this grow method. Maybe the garden will be High Brix next year :) :Namaste: +reps Doc!

I sent for some information on the Hi Brix, after watching the video (which showed the way to make the brew), I have a question.

Doc, Have or did you weigh the buds prior to drying process and after the cure? I know the Brix methods provide for more growth and better product, and am just curious as to weight loss from the drying methods? If it changed at all, or was even tested.

Just did a search of the forums and found Results of 33658 posts for high Brix, Hi brix, compost tea, tea dips so needless to say I am to busy to scan through 33,658 to gather information on who is or who is not Using the Brix methods, organic's, or other means to grow.

I have asked 420 to consider making this thread a sticky.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom