Blue Mystic Goes Volcanic & The Fun Gi

Phew, those are some good lookin Mystics! youre using a 400w? those are pretty big colas for a 400 man great work!

Yup 400w dual spectrum 15% blue 85% red by grolux.

day_28_from_seed_006.JPG

Can i ask you, how much of the Myco did you use during transplant? also are you continueing its use in each feeding?

Used 1 scoop full (10ml) or 2 level teaspoons some what less than was required by instructions, the granules contain mycorrhizal & ectomycorrhizal fungi.

I use this stuff when i potted up to 6 litre air pots & sprinkled in base of planting hole, basically the fungi lives on the roots expands & grows with the root system.

Nope i don't use it with feeding... its a living fungus which forms a symbiotic relationship with the plant !

I am resolving to get myself more organised so that I can aim to use this method with my main plant Fuzzy. It makes sense to me as I'm looking at it.

I appreciate you clarifying that the staking comes at flowering stage, I will remember to do the LST first then move to the staking.

:thanks:

The whole staking effect with bud colas remains be me of crown... fuzzys crown of buds :green_heart:

006739.JPG

I'm really enjoying stopping by from time to time to check on things in here. Thought I would go ahead and subscribe.

I dig your signature. Its a strange world we live in...

I am resolving to get myself more organised so that I can aim to use this method with my main plant Fuzzy. It makes sense to me as I'm looking at it.

I appreciate you clarifying that the staking comes at flowering stage, I will remember to do the LST first then move to the staking.

LST is really easy to do, i've only done this with clones tho which are pretty well known for lack of vigorous growth could be partly related to growing in soil & that Blue Mystic is indica dominate strain, but on average i've never grown this strain more than 60cm tall or 45cm wide !

I've dabble with LST a little starting early or later in veg growth to see effects.

I prefer starting early when the plant is some where between 3 to 5 nodes on the apical leading stem & once a branch has formed at the 1st node to start LST.

What i try to aim for is training the plant around the sides of the pot in a circle fashion, i've never completed a whole circle but nearly half of a circle in the past, ending up with a pig tail effect curling around almost like a spiral.

A lot of the nodes along the apical stem will sprout branches these will turn up towards the light forming bud bearing colas, the main branches to look out for are the lower ones at the base of the plant or first few nodes & these will be more likely your secondary cola sites !

I normally do a little thinning out at the end of veg removing smaller branches which will not form well or to low in the plant canopy to recieve good lighting, I then select the best potential bud bearing branches for staking before placing the plant into the flowering cycle or tent.

Several weeks later... hey presto a crown of bud fuzzy style :Namaste:

P.s LST can cause an auxin hormone shift as its tad sensitive to light & may slow growth down for a couple of weeks intill balanced again.

I'm really enjoying stopping by from time to time to check on things in here. Thought I would go ahead and subscribe.

I pleased that you are enjoying the journal, Blue Mystic has been fun & rewarding strain to grow, even that she suprise's me once in while with something new... after all every grow is different :thumb:

I dig your signature. Its a strange world we live in...

Some american journalist wrote that, just a copy 'n' paste job... but the words rang a bell in my head & thought, hey thats worthy of a signature.

Tis a strange world when it comes to truth tho... :peace:

Not related to the volcanic grow.

Some 36 hours of total darkness was given to improve THC content before harvest as light degrades THC :green_heart:

Aprox 10 days of flush of plain old water for my ol organic grow & time for the chop 'n' trim... cut it short a little.

Pic's are from one of my best Blue Mystics girlies... not all of them achieved branch bending qualities, every grow is different as of each girlie !

0011077.JPG
004957.JPG
005913.JPG

Enjoy :thumb:

looks good, what lights did u grow it under? do u remember what it yielded?

125w 6400k CFL for veg of about 9 weeks including 2 weeks of that 9 weeks for clones to root aprox.. so about 7 weeks in total veg.

Flowering was under a 400w grolux/sylvania bulb dual spectrum :thumb:

Strain finshed aprox a week early which i may contribute to using DLR /diminshing light routine !

Yield is unknown at present as i've just spent 8 hours trimming 4 plants plus smoke breaks in between :high-five:

1st grow of this strain yield an average of 42g per plant over 4 plants dry weight.

2nd grow of this strain yielded an average of 48g per plant over 4 plants dry weight.

3rd grow unknown at present waiting for it to dry before curing !

Its how ya train ya plants which increase's yield !

thanks for the very thourough report back man :thumb:
I have been training my plants in a few ways, 1 i pinched the main stem on causing the lower branches to shoot up and the main stem gnodes to become much closer together, and another i topped then trained down across the whole top of a 7gallon pot(i think..could be 8gal) it stands about 6-10" off the pot, but im a bit sceptical of my yields, i was always told training the down and making all the branches even to the mains would give me massive yields but i just cant say im seeing it :/ i dont really want to intrude on your journal but if you wouldnt mind would you take a look at my last pic post in my journal? it can be found in my signature on page 3, theyre at day 28 counting into flowering, day 35 since the flip.

thanks for the very thourough report back man :thumb:
I have been training my plants in a few ways, 1 i pinched the main stem on causing the lower branches to shoot up and the main stem gnodes to become much closer together, and another i topped then trained down across the whole top of a 7gallon pot(i think..could be 8gal) it stands about 6-10" off the pot, but im a bit sceptical of my yields, i was always told training the down and making all the branches even to the mains would give me massive yields but i just cant say im seeing it :/ i dont really want to intrude on your journal but if you wouldnt mind would you take a look at my last pic post in my journal? it can be found in my signature on page 3, theyre at day 28 counting into flowering, day 35 since the flip.

I'll pay a visit to your journal :thumb:

All of my plants where LST trained tho & i've not really experimented with pinching or topping yet at some point i must have a dabble with !

Well in preparation of the next grow i'm doing a major clean of the grow tent stripping it all down for a total wipe down... tent hygiene is quite important !

0011079.JPG
004959.JPG
005914.JPG

I've also taken the opportunity to replace my old carbon filter with a better qualitie rhino filter, yup they cost more... but of a superior standard some what smaller & almost as half the weight of my old filter :thumb:

0031034.JPG

:popcorn:

The cleaned tent which i slightly changed the hanging arrangements :thumb:

0021085.JPG
0031035.JPG

As you see can highly technical equipment was used !

String & sticky tape should only be used with the supervision of an adult.

Silver cloth tape forms an air tight seal between ducting, filter & extraction fan making filter more effective for removing unwanted odours.

Er string... very high tec, when all else fails use string... chewing gum & lollipop sticks might work in some situations !

Its about the closest thing i could come to a DIY anti vibration bracket :love:

Fuzzy, you rule. As always I learn so much from you.

Thank you

LST is really easy to do, i've only done this with clones tho which are pretty well known for lack of vigorous growth could be partly related to growing in soil & that Blue Mystic is indica dominate strain, but on average i've never grown this strain more than 60cm tall or 45cm wide !

I've dabble with LST a little starting early or later in veg growth to see effects.

I prefer starting early when the plant is some where between 3 to 5 nodes on the apical leading stem & once a branch has formed at the 1st node to start LST.

What i try to aim for is training the plant around the sides of the pot in a circle fashion, i've never completed a whole circle but nearly half of a circle in the past, ending up with a pig tail effect curling around almost like a spiral.

A lot of the nodes along the apical stem will sprout branches these will turn up towards the light forming bud bearing colas, the main branches to look out for are the lower ones at the base of the plant or first few nodes & these will be more likely your secondary cola sites !

I normally do a little thinning out at the end of veg removing smaller branches which will not form well or to low in the plant canopy to recieve good lighting, I then select the best potential bud bearing branches for staking before placing the plant into the flowering cycle or tent.

Several weeks later... hey presto a crown of bud fuzzy style :Namaste:

P.s LST can cause an auxin hormone shift as its tad sensitive to light & may slow growth down for a couple of weeks intill balanced again.

Update.

End of the 6th week of veg & a total of 8 weeks since cuttings where taken.

004963.JPG
005917.JPG
006783.JPG
007750.JPG

The girls do not stand much higher than 12 inches at present !

009625.JPG

The girls have been placed in the flowering tent at present & still on the veg time 16/8, i do this to allow them to adjust to the 400w dual spectrum HPS & their new enviroment for a few days.

010588.JPG

I imagine i'll flip to 11/13 in few days time once the girls have settled in a tad with the final traing aka staking commencing towards the week end :thumb:

All looking wonderful Fuzzy, I do so look forward to your updates! It's great seeing the massive colas against the vegging version of the plant actually, helps understand how everything ties together, so to speak.

I've got some pegs and plant twine ready so I can do some LSTing on my Pineapple Express, and am also intending to do the staking like you do. I get so confused with everything out there, but appear to be drawn to your way of doing things for some reason :blushsmile:

This will be my first attempt at the training though so I am very scared. Well, truth be told my first attempt led to Lizzie having a sellotaped branch poor thing (I could only find sellotape :yikes: :)). The good thing is I'm prepared this time so I will actually do it as slowly as it needs to be lol.

I will be keeping my eyes open for the staking posts my darling!

:Namaste:

Edit - staking posts, posts about staking ... my brain hurts, I hope you know what I mean :bigblush:

I'll see what i can come up with for a detailed staking 'n' prunning thing... be loads of pic's before & after sort of thing :thumb:

Be some what imprevised i'll imagine.

looking great fuzzy:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom