Hey guys, I have a couple Blueberry (F) and they are ... ok. I heard such great things about them but the buds that are forming are they aren't full looking. They are wispy looking. Any advice? No evidence of any bugs, or nutrients issues. The plant looks good other than the buds look ... empty. Week 5 Bloom, indoors. All the other strains are full and dense looking. Advice?

Welcome to our little village:welcome:

I will advise that photos are golden when talking about plant problems.

Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos | 420 Magazine ®

There are all kinds of things that can vary with needs between strains. Watering, nutrients, light, etc.

I have read some Blueberry strains can be quite finicky about nutrients.

I would advise for you to give us a rundown of your setup. Include everything you can think of including your water source.

What media, size of pots, nutrients, types of light, etc.

You could also start a journal here, and provide all of that and have a place to log your growing journey.

We tend to be a happy helpful bunch, but we like to have participants.

Sorry, I couldn't be more help, but I'm sure others will drop by and offer their opinions.

May suggest a longer flowering time than the other strains grown at present. But !

If at the end off day, these where the original DJ Shorts Blue berry seeds than i may understand about being a pain in the back side... how ever i do believe the fellow has recrossed / breed the particular strain in question a number of years ago.

I'm quite fan of blue berry strains or at least hybrids of BB to which i've grown a few by now, not that we have massive selection of berry hybrids but ha ho & in my own experience a majority will do just fine with regular controlled environment / feeding regime.

Over the years, i may off grown many strains by now with various results all under ye older same system/kit i started out with so long ago...

One thing you do notice is growth characteristics once ya grown out a lot of plants but those which appear to under perform to your own expectations may far well pass your wildest imagination :D

I've grown out plants with the main cola no bigger than my two fingers put together, but once dried you really thought it was sub / minus less than oZ but turned out really dense hard nugz ya ever seen ! like 2 oz plus dry...

Ye don't seem a lot but it is only a 400w hps i use...

Grow it out & learn by the experience, if you don't learn by the lesson you may do many years later once it all fits in places :green_heart:

May suggest a longer flowering time than the other strains grown at present. But !

If at the end off day, these where the original DJ Shorts Blue berry seeds than i may understand about being a pain in the back side... how ever i do believe the fellow has recrossed / breed the particular strain in question a number of years ago.

I'm quite fan of blue berry strains or at least hybrids of BB to which i've grown a few by now, not that we have massive selection of berry hybrids but ha ho & in my own experience a majority will do just fine with regular controlled environment / feeding regime.

Over the years, i may off grown many strains by now with various results all under ye older same system/kit i started out with so long ago...

One thing you do notice is growth characteristics once ya grown out a lot of plants but those which appear to under perform to your own expectations may far well pass your wildest imagination :D

I've grown out plants with the main cola no bigger than my two fingers put together, but once dried you really thought it was sub / minus less than oZ but turned out really dense hard nugz ya ever seen ! like 2 oz plus dry...

Ye don't seem a lot but it is only a 400w hps i use...

Grow it out & learn by the experience, if you don't learn by the lesson you may do many years later once it all fits in places :green_heart:

Thank you very much. I always love a good surprise, kinda like my Durban Kush, surprisingly the buds are fabulous considering the leaves.. not so much. Thanks for the advice. Congrats on you 2oz!!! gotta love surprises
Im new to 420 so a appreciate your help.
Momma's Kitchen

5 weeks & wispy kind of looks like week 3 or 4.

Mmm most people would start counting the days of flowering from flip to 12/12, i do not personal agree when growing from seed & unknown strain to which i have little knowledge off ?

Current stage of growth may well be limited to other factors such as where pre flowers showing upon time of flip to 12/12 aka maturity of plant this could hinder over all plant development in flowering whilst the plant plays catch up with the sudden change of lighting timing while doing other internal stuff like hormone change from vegging to flowering... ye they do that & ya growing in a forced environment, if you don't get it right it slows things down.

From seed, i ignore or just plain well don't count the first week of flowering due to the law of nature as this done with a gradual decrease in day light hours which triggers the flowering phase along with changes with in the plant it self, so when forced or applied sudden change it takes little while to it sort it self out from its present condition.

On the other hand i might just check the flowering times of your chosen strains grown some could be shorter & longer than others hence the difference in development !

Thanks for responding.

I totally agree with you on pretty much everything! haha I agree it looks jr to 5 wks... however I have 4 others Blueberry all seeded together and they are doing good. Maybe this one is just going to be behind genetically?
Its 7-9 wks flowering time, It is sitting under the light (I measured the distance and that was ok) I thought maybe it was that but I have no idea...

I'm growing Seedsman Blueberry week 7 flower. They are just starting to fill out. Smelling more like lemon than Blueberry but the smell will come in the cure.

I'll be taking weekly pictures tomorrow if ya want to have a look.

You can click on my grow in my signature line and follow it from the beginning. Mostly pictures.

I have to figure out this signature thing... I don't know what it is. Ill look.
So here is my Blueberry Fem from Seed. Week 1 bloom was April 1.

Funny thing not sure why I didn't notice it before but the one blueberry that is really wispy is more green where as my other Blueberries have been this beautiful deep rich Purple. So take a glance... :) any comments welcome
They are getting root bound fyi

I have to figure out this signature thing... I don't know what it is. Ill look.
So here is my Blueberry Fem from Seed. Week 1 bloom was April 1.

Funny thing not sure why I didn't notice it before but the one blueberry that is really wispy is more green where as my other Blueberries have been this beautiful deep rich Purple. So take a glance... :) any comments welcome
They are getting root bound fyi

Hello,

If your on a computer you can go to your journal page and copy what is in the URL box at the top. It's basically the address of your journal or thread. Then click on your avatar (Picture) at the top of the page and go to signature. Paste the URL onto the page and any text you want to show up at the bottom of your posts. Hope this helps ya out! ES

I'm growing Seedsman Blueberry week 7 flower. They are just starting to fill out. Smelling more like lemon than Blueberry but the smell will come in the cure.

I'll be taking weekly pictures tomorrow if ya want to have a look.

Yes!!! Your only about a week out from mine.... Mine look good and smell good, but the one plant that is more green is the wispy one. The others are filling out better, and have nice Purple leaves

Back
Top Bottom