Boo’s Perpetual Grow Journal

What a friggin' cute pooch Boo!

(I like the plants too.) :)

The two flowering autos are at 3 feet right now.
Well, of course they are!...You've really got a "way" with the autos, Boo...:morenutes:💚.
My little survivor Wookies has huge 5 fingered leaves on her.
..She's got big plans!
Cool that we've both got 3 and 5 fingered phenos growing...
My little buddy likes to come downstairs and help me tend to them:
And what a handsome little buddy he is...:love:
Little glitch in the web...? Sorry for the double post!
It was worth looking at twice.!.👁️.....👁️

Hi all. I'm gonna be back with an update soon but I have a pressing question if anyone has thoughts. My big ladies are trying to goi into flower and I've just realized what the problem is....I had my outdoor flood lights replaced last November with LED lights. :eek:. It is preventing them from flowering. There is one fixture with two lights on it and I've made two attempts now to cover the one closest to the plants (will know this evening whether it is semi successful or not). Has anyone out there run into this problem? I cannot turn the lights off as we've had a rash of burglaries in the neighborhood and someone tried already to break into my house once because outside lights were off. I'm really running out of time for a successful grow. :(. Thanks in advance for any suggestions. :love:

Hi all. I'm gonna be back with an update soon but I have a pressing question if anyone has thoughts. My big ladies are trying to goi into flower and I've just realized what the problem is....I had my outdoor flood lights replaced last November with LED lights. :eek:. It is preventing them from flowering. There is one fixture with two lights on it and I've made two attempts now to cover the one closest to the plants (will know this evening whether it is semi successful or not). Has anyone out there run into this problem? I cannot turn the lights off as we've had a rash of burglaries in the neighborhood and someone tried already to break into my house once because outside lights were off. I'm really running out of time for a successful grow. :(. Thanks in advance for any suggestions. :love:
Hey I just figured out my problem too because of this post! I have a cap junky that should have started flowering a month ago at least and it’s still in full Veg pretty much. Guess what I have in the yard- motion LEDs that come on all night. Way too late now I maybe have 2 weeks of sun left.

Sorry Boo I hope you figure it out, that’s a new problem that several of us will likely need to deal with.

Hey I just figured out my problem too because of this post! I have a cap junky that should have started flowering a month ago at least and it’s still in full Veg pretty much. Guess what I have in the yard- motion LEDs that come on all night. Way too late now I maybe have 2 weeks of sun left.

Sorry Boo I hope you figure it out, that’s a new problem that several of us will likely need to deal with.
I hope so too. I still have a very tight window of success, otherwise I need to find someone with a huge tent and do so super cropping. They are 7' tall...;)

There is one fixture with two lights on it and I've made two attempts now to cover the one closest to the plants
Can you just aim the offending light in a different direction? (prob. not, but I had to ask :) )

Cover it with a piece of cardboard? (there may need to be ducttape involved.:cheesygrinsmiley:)

Move the plant out of the "lit" area?(a last resort)

Cover the plants at night? (big ol' pain in the ass)

Open up the light, and disconnect the wires to that one bulb? (careful on that ladder- we ain't spring chickens 🐔)

That's about all I've got.. I hope you get it figured out-
maybe a pic of the light?- it might get the MacGuyver wheels turning..?

Here are a couple pics. Yesterday I had a friend hold the ladder and I put a piece of duct tape over the one light. Once the sun went down I could see that it wasn't going to work, and today when I went back up to try my new trick I noticed it was melted... so today I took two strips of duct tape and connected them into one wide strip. Then I covered them with electrical tape layered vertically and horizontally. I taped the "pocket" around the outside of the light and will see how that works later tonight.
PXL_20230822_215538588.jpg
PXL_20230822_215609262.MP.jpg

I can turn that one light a little, but not sure how far. That's likely the final try. It's a really effin tall hike up there...

Some exterior light fixtures have metal cones that fit around the bulbs. If you can get that for yours you could extend them out (or make your own since LEDs don't put out heat) to make them more directional with less spread, kinda like a narrow dog cone (only not translucent!). Then you can aim them away from the plants with no spillover.

I hope you have a long warm autumn!

Some exterior light fixtures have metal cones that fit around the bulbs. If you can get that for yours you could extend them out (or make your own since LEDs don't put out heat) to make them more directional with less spread, kinda like a narrow dog cone (only not translucent!). Then you can aim them away from the plants with no spillover.

I hope you have a long warm autumn!
I was thinking about something like that too. I've got only so many tries left. Fingers crossed for an Indian Summer!

:ciao: Hi all. So far so good with the light cover. I don't expect it to last for the next 2 months but I have a couple of back ups in mind. ;). Here is an update on the auto flowering gals. First up is Mimosa Cake. Im not quite sure how long she's been flowering, need to go to my written journal and pull out some milestones. She smells ahh mazing! So fruity sweet and vanilla-ish!
PXL_20230823_191910832.PORTRAIT.jpg

She was the first in flower of the then two. I made the mistake of dropping seeds before going out of town for a week so she's au naturel. Here's a cola:
PXL_20230823_191924245.PORTRAIT.jpg

Next is Wookies #1. She is also untrained but beautiful nonetheless.
PXL_20230823_191720399.jpg

And a look at a cola:
PXL_20230823_191737460.PORTRAIT.jpg

And the survivor Wookies:
PXL_20230823_191711835.jpg

She was 13" when she went into flower and has doubled to 26" so far. I was able to do some light training on her. All those big fat leaves are on the lower part of the plant and she has very thin Sativa-like leaves on the top 10". Funny. I seriously hope those long stems stack with bud! Finally, I have been looking for a cabinet to put all of my weed related stuff into for quite some time. Last week I found it in a local antique store stuffed full of furniture.
PXL_20230822_160717885.MP.jpg

The inside:
PXL_20230822_160609706.jpg

Clean glass!!
PXL_20230822_180832246.PORTRAIT.jpg

So happy to have everything in one place!

That's it for tonight. Thanks for looking! :love:

PXL_20230823_192001966.PORTRAIT.jpg

:ciao: Hi all. So far so good with the light cover. I don't expect it to last for the next 2 months but I have a couple of back ups in mind. ;). Here is an update on the auto flowering gals. First up is Mimosa Cake. Im not quite sure how long she's been flowering, need to go to my written journal and pull out some milestones. She smells ahh mazing! So fruity sweet and vanilla-ish!
PXL_20230823_191910832.PORTRAIT.jpg

She was the first in flower of the then two. I made the mistake of dropping seeds before going out of town for a week so she's au naturel. Here's a cola:
PXL_20230823_191924245.PORTRAIT.jpg

Next is Wookies #1. She is also untrained but beautiful nonetheless.
PXL_20230823_191720399.jpg

And a look at a cola:
PXL_20230823_191737460.PORTRAIT.jpg

And the survivor Wookies:
PXL_20230823_191711835.jpg

She was 13" when she went into flower and has doubled to 26" so far. I was able to do some light training on her. All those big fat leaves are on the lower part of the plant and she has very thin Sativa-like leaves on the top 10". Funny. I seriously hope those long stems stack with bud! Finally, I have been looking for a cabinet to put all of my weed related stuff into for quite some time. Last week I found it in a local antique store stuffed full of furniture.
PXL_20230822_160717885.MP.jpg

The inside:
PXL_20230822_160609706.jpg

Clean glass!!
PXL_20230822_180832246.PORTRAIT.jpg

So happy to have everything in one place!

That's it for tonight. Thanks for looking! :love:

PXL_20230823_192001966.PORTRAIT.jpg
Love your posts. Love your plants!!! So amazing that survivor is gonna be a fatty by the end

Back
Top Bottom