Boo’s Perpetual Grow Journal

Well this just screwed my morning..... It's the Wookies two main colas.
PXL_20230906_142551367.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20230906_142557758.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20230906_142608208.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20230906_142621496.PORTRAIT.jpg
Fucking mold... I'm going to take the whole plant down. I am not a mold chaser.... :(

Honestly. Growing is not for the faint hearted.

It’s like playing Russian roulette.

Super sorry Boo. That Coca-Cola size tho, have you got the hands of a 3 year or are they packing glitter?!

Damn Boo. That sucks to lose 2 plants in the blink of an eye.

In your recent tent pic I didn't see any circulation fans above or near the tops of the plants. Something to consider?

Honestly. Growing is not for the faint hearted.

It’s like playing Russian roulette.

Super sorry Boo. That Coca-Cola size tho, have you got the hands of a 3 year or are they packing glitter?!
Very true. I can ruin a whole week by overthinking a SM or PM issue. Have successfully chased mold out of a few plants but admittedly it’s a huge pain in the ass and a downer to cut beautiful colas down. Sorry Boo, this year has been tough like that. I lost an entire 5 ft tall Cap Junky outdoors to a sudden windstorm and pretty much moved inside after that. Better things are coming!

Damn Boo. That sucks to lose 2 plants in the blink of an eye.

In your recent tent pic I didn't see any circulation fans above or near the tops of the plants. Something to consider?
Actually, and you can't see it very well, I have a 6" aluminum ducting hose going from the Wookies tent into the Mimosa tent with a second 6" aluminum ducting hose on the other side of the Mimosa tent going out to the 6" Infinity unit. It has been keeping the tents right around 50% rh. The Wookies temp has been getting a little high (high 80s) and the Mimosa tent was sitting perfectly around 83 degrees. I sucked the mold out of the Wookies tent into the Mimosa tent. :eek: I lost the two mains on the Wookies and one of the main colas in the Mimosa. The rest were disected, washed and are hanging to dry right now. We shall see what it looks like once they've dried a bit. On the bright side, I'm back to legal limit now. I'm going to scrub my tents and may even be able to participate in one of the comparative grows now?

Very true. I can ruin a whole week by overthinking a SM or PM issue. Have successfully chased mold out of a few plants but admittedly it’s a huge pain in the ass and a downer to cut beautiful colas down. Sorry Boo, this year has been tough like that. I lost an entire 5 ft tall Cap Junky outdoors to a sudden windstorm and pretty much moved inside after that. Better things are coming!
I've never chased mold out of a plant so I go animal on the whole thing when/if I find some. Ah well. I still have the survivor Wookies. Her nodes are much better separated. Than the other one was.

Heartbreak. Sorry to hear about the mold troubles. I would’ve done the exact same thing. 🪓
On the other hand - my god those outdoor plants are huge! Maybe it’s the angle of the pictures, but they are thinkin about taking the house! Sounds like the weather is going to cooperate for the late start bloom, break out the Richard Simmons and start sweatin with the oldies babe! For the plants…

Well, you sure didn't need that double gut punch- so sorry that happened to you, Boo...:hug:
Those buds were huge...mother nature can sometimes be a cruel bitch!
may even be able to participate in one of the comparative grows now?
Hard to do, but you found the silver lining in this bad situation...👍

At least you've still got those outdoor beauties (and the survivor)- it would really
suck if the moldy ones were your only plants....

Heartbreak. Sorry to hear about the mold troubles. I would’ve done the exact same thing. 🪓
On the other hand - my god those outdoor plants are huge! Maybe it’s the angle of the pictures, but they are thinkin about taking the house! Sounds like the weather is going to cooperate for the late start bloom, break out the Richard Simmons and start sweatin with the oldies babe! For the plants…
For You HH.
PXL_20230906_230045532.jpg

Lemon OG and Banana Kush are both that size and the Sour Tangie is right around 6.5 feet. :laughtwo:

Happy Friday all! Just wanted to drop a few pics of the outdoor ladies. So far so good.
PXL_20230908_133304204.jpg

This is Sour Tangie. She has had a tiny bit of PM so I’ve been using the recipe that @InTheShed has shared several times, and it seems to be helping.
PXL_20230908_133313051.jpg

Here is Lemon OG Candy. She’s a beast, tall and bulky!
PXL_20230908_133342966.MP.jpg

Here is Banana Kush. She has had a few spots of PM as well but I’m keeping it at bay for the most part.
PXL_20230908_133431371.jpg

And a view from the top. Sour Tangie upper left (which you can barely see, lol), Lemon OG bottom, Banana upper right. I love going outside in the morning and seeing these little Pom poms smiling at me. :love: I’ve been thinking about the recent mold issue and looking back, I believe I’ve had a mold issue with every autoflower grow I’ve done in the tents here at my new place. @Grand Daddy Black suggested I put a fan in the tent. I do have the inline fan, and a fan sitting on the floor pointed up their skirts, but maybe a fan above would be a good idea. I have a couple of clip on fans but I really dislike them. I also have a couple of small, square infinity fans but I don’t think they would be enough. I have the 2x4 tents and think maybe a larger fan that I could hang from a top bar might work? I’m looking for suggestions from you guys if you have something you really like. Thanks in advance and thanks for looking!

I love going outside in the morning and seeing these little Pom poms smiling at me. :love:
There certain are a lot of them to love Boo! Really nice! :Rasta:

Those plants couldn't be happier- they sure love it out there!
She has had a tiny bit of PM so I’ve been using the recipe that @InTheShed has shared several times, and it seems to be helping.
My outdoor Wookiee had a bit of PM also- @InTheShed s citric acid mixture kept it in check till harvest...
I also have a couple of small, square infinity fans but I don’t think they would be enough.
I have 2 of those that blow on the top of the plant 24/7- they don't blow real strong, but that means no wind damage to the plant- if you're just looking to keep the air moving, they do that real well...
You might need 3 in a 2x4 though... 🤔

Back
Top Bottom