Boo’s Perpetual Grow Journal

Yeahhhhh. I think I need some new ones - or some new batteries for them

You can get the LR44/AG13 batteries @ the Dollar store for 25¢ each (pkg of 4 for a buck)
Even if they only last 6 months, at that price you can't go too wrong-
I've had them in 2 of my hygrometers (same as yours) for at least that long, and they're still working fine...
(those 2 came from the zon with dead batteries:straightface:)

I just put new batteries in a lot of mine. I got like a 20-pack off Amazon because I have a lot of meters @ two batteries a piece!

When I got mine I ran the salt test on them and marked them like smokey recommended.
Damn Shed! You got two links in there! :laugh: Oh! And thank you for those. Very helpful and thoughtful! :love:
You can get the LR44/AG13 batteries @ the Dollar store for 25¢ each (pkg of 4 for a buck)
Even if they only last 6 months, at that price you can't go too wrong-
I've had them in 2 of my hygrometers (same as yours) for at least that long, and they're still working fine...
(those 2 came from the zon with dead batteries:straightface:)
:adore::adore::adore: Thank you, thank you, thank you! I will definitely check that out. :high-five:

IMG_20201204_103651_01.jpg
PXL_20201204_154329985.jpg

I decarbed this today. :cheesygrinsmiley: Looks like 4 oz of Cinderella 99 - Big Momma style, and another ounce of 50/50 Cinderella - Pretty Momma style (my favorite of the Cindys) and Pineapple Express. My “plan” is to use the 4z of Big Momma for a topical pain reliever and make another gummy batch with the remaining oz using coconut oil. To be continued.....:ciao: and thanks for looking!

Gettin' busy wid it!
Gonna try! I was hoping you would help me with the numbers? The Big Momma was harvested a few weeks early - which is why I decarbed so much. I think Ive kind of got the gummy mechanics down, and I’m going with two of my favorites for this next batch - although I did get a request for vegan gummies. Apparently those are hard to get? MC is a vegan fertilizer so, check.... :cheesygrinsmiley: Do you have an idea of how long the decarbed bud can be stored without issue? I do plan to do both recipes as soon as the oil is done, but just curious if I need to use both the oven and the MBM at the same time. Hopefully that makes sense. :laughtwo:

OH! I am also curious what one might name a salve that is made from harvested pot plants. I plan to put a label on my tins of salve (because that’s what I do), and include the ingredients but I’m having trouble with the wording of the grappa-ness of it. So - carcass of cannabis soaked in coconut oil for days and mixed with beeswax. Yum. Thoughts on a slightly more delicious description? :battingeyelashes:

I did get a request for vegan gummies. Apparently those are hard to get? MC is a vegan fertilizer so, check
LOL! Good thing you didn't fertilize with cow spleen. ;)
Do you have an idea of how long the decarbed bud can be stored without issue?
In the freezer it should last for a very long time. Out of the freezer too, but I keep mine in the freezer.
So - carcass of cannabis soaked in coconut oil for days and mixed with beeswax.
How about C3B salve?

Good morning!
Supposedly the coconut oil isn’t the best for soaking into skin. Your evoo should be better, if anything! Let me know how it turns out, good to see you making lotion :)
Thanks Goody! I'm a dummy - my current oil is coconut. But I'm going to give it a try anyway! I think if I broke down the amounts properly it would equal 1 T oil to 1 cup of lotion. Hopefully I did my math right! :laugh:
PXL_20201205_155356800.jpg

I shall let it sit for a few hours and see if there is any separation happening. It looks lovely so far!:high-five:

Thanks Goody! I'm a dummy - my current oil is coconut. But I'm going to give it a try anyway! I think if I broke down the amounts properly it would equal 1 T oil to 1 cup of lotion. Hopefully I did my math right! :laugh:
PXL_20201205_155356800.jpg

I shall let it sit for a few hours and see if there is any separation happening. It looks lovely so far!:high-five:
I seem to have no problem with my coconut oil based stuff, everyone loves it. It’s not greasy, which I prefer. Mine has been sitting, mixed, for a few months and no separation :) Looking good!

Amish infrared heaters are very safe and cheap to heat an entire room. They are programmable too.
They are also cool to the touch and oh so stylish....

Coconut and EVOO are about the same on the absorption scale but both leave you feeling really greasy, and shea butter is even less absorbable. If you want to get the THC into the skin, grapeseed and pumpkinseed oil are the way to go.

Butters feel great for massage but are much less effective for THC topicals.
Thanks Shed. This mixture was to use the remainders of the salve oil I have left. The combo of the lotion and the salve oil is very nice and blended very easily into my skin so I am happy with it! For the THC topical I plan to use the grapeseed/pumpkinseed oil.

Back
Top Bottom