InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Snaop
noticed that there is a rather large discrepancy in the RH on the brands of meters. Check this out:
full
20190404_090532.jpg
Hygrometers...who to believe?
Both brands are pretty consistent with each other, but not with the other brand. Which one is correct? I'm going with the small ones, because after a month in a jar with a B62, they read 62%. When I'm done with these harvests I'll run a salt test on the Thermapro's and see if they actually are off by 4-5%.
SNAP! :high-five:

I have just received a new one that has a remote sensor thing for “outside” and “inside” monitoring (so i can put that in the tent and have the monitor beside me:)).

I’ve kept the main unit and the remote sensor side by side on my desk for 3 days. The “in” and “out” conditions have read consistently different the whole time. The out sensor consistently registers 3-5% higher in RH and 2.3ºF lower in temp. This is with the 2 units side by side :hmmmm: so they should be the same :straightface: . It wasn’t super-cheap either. I think I’ve figured out using the accurite that the outside RH is close to correct and the most important one for the tent. Still seems like a big discrepancy in something that is sold as one unit!

LOL! You take a bottle cap from something like a jam jar, fill it to just below the rim with salt, then put in enough distilled water to turn it to slush without it spilling. That and the meter(s) go in a ziploc bag on the kitchen counter out of the sun. Leave it there overnight (I don't like to rush these things), and in the morning it should read 75% RH.

I hope you're all feeling sunny and bright!
Hard to feel sunny and bright when the skies insist on being grey and wet. I'm really ready for the sunny skies to return to my N. Cal neighborhood. :eye-roll:

I hear ya BL!

weather.JPG

Finally turning the corner here in SE TN. Next 15 days it's supposed to be between 70-80 and only 3 days of forecasted rain. We got soaked this winter. I think we had 3 straight weeks of rain a month ago. They had the dam wide open and the water in the lake/TN river was still about a foot from cresting the banks.

LOL! You take a bottle cap from something like a jam jar, fill it to just below the rim with salt, then put in enough distilled water to turn it to slush without it spilling. That and the meter(s) go in a ziploc bag on the kitchen counter out of the sun. Leave it there overnight (I don't like to rush these things), and in the morning it should read 75% RH.

That’s crazy, I wonder how far outta whack my cheap Chinese ones are......
Always something interesting in being talked about here.

Finally turning the corner here in SE TN. Next 15 days it's supposed to be between 70-80 and only 3 days of forecasted rain. We got soaked this winter. I think we had 3 straight weeks of rain a month ago. They had the dam wide open and the water in the lake/TN river was still about a foot from cresting the banks.
Glad you didn't get flooded! We had a grower here from Houston who hasn't been heard from since Harvey soaked the place.
That’s crazy, I wonder how far outta whack my cheap Chinese ones are......
Always something interesting in being talked about here.
Hive mind!

Do the salt test on them. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom