InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Good morning Shed and family :ciao: this partly cloudy stuff is messing my plant plans up lol.

Hey Shed, if you’ll recall we discussed my little ones that I am hardening off for outdoors.

They are still getting 24/0. Do you think I should start giving it a short night cycle before going to live outside permanently? Maybe work up to six hours of dark over the next few weeks?

Edit: question is for anyone really :yahoo:

What I did last year, was to gradually adjust the lighting schedule about 7 to 10 days before moving outside, to better match the natural sun rise/set timing. Also, about a week or so of hardening off. Worked pretty well for me.

What I did last year, was to gradually adjust the lighting schedule about 7 to 10 days before moving outside, to better match the natural sun rise/set timing. Also, about a week or so of hardening off. Worked pretty well for me.

Perfect, that’s what I’ll do as it makes perfect sense. Yeah your plants turned out great!

I’ve had enough revegging for a while hehe. I’ll start with giving an hour or two of darkness for a couple days then start lengthening the dark period by an hour or so every other day.

Double entendre’
Still don't get it!
They are still getting 24/0. Do you think I should start giving it a short night cycle before going to live outside permanently? Maybe work up to six hours of dark over the next few weeks?
As BL said below, they should be close to the sunrise/sunset hours that they will be working with when you put them outside. The more gradual the process the less likely they freak out like the DP!
Good advice :thumb:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friday update, and I promised trichome pics of the AK-47 on flip day 63. What are your thoughts? Last year's AK came down on day 65 for reference:

Here is what last year's trichomes looked like just before the chop (note the 420 branding they used to do!):
full

And just so they don't feel left out, here is a shot of a flowering Candida, flip day 15:

It's partly cloudy today but everyone is outside getting fresh air and whatever sun shines between the clouds.

I cut the buds off the hanging Sour G this morning. It didn't even fill two jars :(. Oof! Seven months of veg for that. If they're around 62% I'll get a weight on it tonight.

Everybody's working for the weekend...me especially since we may blow out of here early today. The boss is leaving at 3:30! :surf:

Still don't get it!

As BL said below, they should be close to the sunrise/sunset hours that they will be working with when you put them outside. The more gradual the process the less likely they freak out like the DP!

Good advice :thumb:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friday update, and I promised trichome pics of the AK-47 on flip day 63. What are your thoughts? Last year's AK came down on day 65 for reference:

Here is what last year's trichomes looked like just before the chop (note the 420 branding they used to do!):
full

And just so they don't feel left out, here is a shot of a flowering Candida, flip day 15:

It's partly cloudy today but everyone is outside getting fresh air and whatever sun shines between the clouds.

I cut the buds off the hanging Sour G this morning. It didn't even fill two jars :(. Oof! Seven months of veg for that. If they're around 62% I'll get a weight on it tonight.

Everybody's working for the weekend...me especially since we may blow out of here early today. The boss is leaving at 3:30! :surf:
AK looks like she's about there. Just starting to see that amber tint rolling in.
:thumb:
Looking good brother!

When are you thinking of cutting?

I had an aphid infestation on my rose bushes. Listerine, water and dish soap worked better than the nasty insecticide did. It's one of those really old gardening tricks. It may be something that would be fun to try in the name of science.

AK looks like she's about there. Just starting to see that amber tint rolling in.
:thumb:
Looking good brother!

When are you thinking of cutting?
Thanks P! Tomorrow?
I’m going to see Joan Baez in concert. Sober. Lol.
Lol!
I had an aphid infestation on my rose bushes. Listerine, water and dish soap worked better than the nasty insecticide did. It's one of those really old gardening tricks. It may be something that would be fun to try in the name of science.
That's dish soap with some nice essential oils (menthol and thyme), and 21.6% ethanol! I can see why it worked on the aphids :thumb:.

If the Candidas get aphids I've got castille soap along with my iso spray. Anything else gets spinosad in flower. I've been spraying the clones in cups with the iso as those are having a thrip problem on the desk. I think they came in back in December from the cloninator.

Adjusting the timer now
I'm wondering whether all at once is better than slow and steady in this instance. All at once did your DP a mischief, but a slow and steady reduction of light is exactly what triggers an outside plant into flower after the summer solstice. And mine are throwing pistils within 3-4 weeks of the longest day of the year.

Thanks P! Tomorrow?
Hell yeah!
Don't forget to start that flush... lol
:morenutes:

Gotta get like 30 gal of pH perfect water through those pots or the buds will shrivel up & rot during the cure.
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Hell yeah!
Don't forget to start that flush... lol
:morenutes:

Gotta get like 30 gal of pH perfect water through those pots or the buds will shrivel up & rot during the cure.
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
I only use RO water that is made with the sweat of virgins during flush. I think it's like 30g a day for 2 weeks right?

I'm wondering whether all at once is better than slow and steady in this instance. All at once did your DP a mischief, but a slow and steady reduction of light is exactly what triggers an outside plant into flower after the summer solstice. And mine are throwing pistils within 3-4 weeks of the longest day of the year
Damn this makes good sense too! DP did react poorly to it... if I’m gonna do it all at once I might as well keep em going 24/0 until they get moved outdoors after the hardening off period

That's dish soap with some nice essential oils (menthol and thyme), and 21.6% ethanol! I can see why it worked on the aphids :thumb:.

If the Candidas get aphids I've got castille soap along with my iso spray. Anything else gets spinosad in flower. I've been spraying the clones in cups with the iso as those are having a thrip problem on the desk. I think they came in back in December from the cloninator.
I used Dr. Bonners peppermint castille with the listerine. This stuff is suppose to work on PM as well. And I think it has some eucalyptus or eucalyptus-y type of plant in the listerine that is supposed to keep them( soft bodied insects) from coming back.

:ciao: Yes I do. I would wait :)

G’morning btw :love:
Chop her. She's further along than last year's. If that was good this should be better.
I’ll vote for chopping as well. She’s a sativa showing amber trichomes which is my preference for Sativas. Maybe even a little sooner honestly.

If you're not looking for a heavy sedative smoke... cut her!

I don't think you're gaining much more yield at this point. It's all for effect at this point.

:ciao: Yes I do. I would wait :)
G’morning btw :love:
Chop her. She's further along than last year's. If that was good this should be better.
Well that clears things up!

Morning Amy!
Damn this makes good sense too! DP did react poorly to it... if I’m gonna do it all at once I might as well keep em going 24/0 until they get moved outdoors after the hardening off period
Might be better. After all, only the DP freaked out!
Dr. Bonners peppermint castille with the listerine.
I use the peppermint version on ants (the peppermint makes the newcomers unable to find the old scent trails) but since I don't spray anything with oil on my flowers, I went with the unscented Dr Bronners for the cannabis. Never thought of adding the iso to it as well... :hmmmm:
I’ll vote for chopping as well. She’s a sativa showing amber trichomes which is my preference for Sativas. Maybe even a little sooner honestly.
The amber is only on the sugar leaves, but since they're so small they'll get smoked as well, so like the first two, that needs to be taken into account in the harvest timing.
If you're not looking for a heavy sedative smoke... cut her!

I don't think you're gaining much more yield at this point. It's all for effect at this point.
Definitely not looking for body stone. My wife is a sativa girl. Any indicas are for the rare sleepytime meds or for my dad's cookies. I'm thinking the question is really about clear vs cloudy.

Back
Top Bottom