British Bulldog Meets Rottweiler - Getting Orgasmic With Organic

I'm in the right spot then :high-five:

I can't speak to LEDs Kriaze but I use a dimmable ballast with a MH bulb for the veg room, which is about 4x4' in size. The plants seem to love it when I crank the light up to 600 watts or beyond. I regularly use the dimmer to help control plant growth, and dial it back to 300w when I'm planning to be away for a week or more. They grow slower, don't use as much water, and aren't so likely to turn into a jungle and fry themselves on the bulb. Runaway growth hasn't exactly been an issue for me lately but generally over the years my veg room is more likely to be packed full and overgrown than otherwise, and turning up or down the light seems to have a direct effect on the growth rate.
I commonly experience mysterious issues, and then they'll suddenly resolve themselves just as mysteriously. I make up all sorts of bullshit theories about what I did or didn't do. Reality is- more than a half dozen interactive variables runs pretty close to chaos, for my brain anyway. So I just try to surf my way through the chaos :surf: such is my life. Won't be getting too much 'scientific' help from this guy...

I can't speak to LEDs Kriaze but I use a dimmable ballast with a MH bulb for the veg room, which is about 4x4' in size. The plants seem to love it when I crank the light up to 600 watts or beyond. I regularly use the dimmer to help control plant growth, and dial it back to 300w when I'm planning to be away for a week or more. They grow slower, don't use as much water, and aren't so likely turn into a jungle and fry themselves on the bulb. Runaway growth hasn't exactly been an issue for me lately but generally over the years my veg room is more likely to be packed full and overgrown than otherwise, and turning up or down the light seems to have a direct effect on the growth rate.
I commonly experience mysterious issues, and then they'll suddenly resolve themselves just as mysteriously. I make up all sorts of bullshit theories about what I did or didn't do. Reality is- more than a half dozen interactive variables runs pretty close to chaos, for my brain anyway. So I just try to surf my way through the chaos :surf: such is my life. Won't be getting too much 'scientific' help from this guy...

Like it or not, Weaselcracker, your approach is scientific.

You have hypothesis (plant growth is dependent on the amount of light applied), method (reduce power using a dimmable ballast), observations (slower growth, less water uptake, etc.), discussion, conclusions, and even application. Surfing through the chaos describes what the best scientists do.

Cheers! :peace::passitleft:

Scientific or bullshit theory either way I'm just happy that the plants are finally showing signs of growth, and even a little health, I'm happy :) Those things have been missing from my garden for quite some time now and it just seems more than coincidence that the main change I have made is the lighting although it does affect temperatures and humidity too so yeah let's ride the chaos, I'm surfing the high wave again for awhile!

I still haven't seen whether my crossed seed has managed to create any life yet today, as of yesterday there was still nothing but some lonely soul staring back at me from that particular pot. I scratched around the surface and the dug deeper before finally locating the seed quite a way below soil, I left it with less soil covering and will give it four or five more days with a shot at life before I plant something else in it's place. I'll try and get some pictures up later but tomorrow or Saturday (I'm out with the wife Friday) I'm hoping to make my cannabis e-liquid. I have everything necessary but I will be using 99.9% Isopropyl Alcohol instead of high proof grain alcohol as not only is it cheaper but I hear/read that it's good for vaping. I will be doing a winterised product hopefully (this is all theoretical as I'm hoping on no mistakes) so the IPA is off to the freezer and we'll be good to go :thumb:

I'm pretty sure seeds sprout better when they've had a chance to sit for a while. First to dry, then a while longer to...? I don't know whether stratifying them by putting them in the fridge or freezer for a while, after drying, is necessary for cannabis, but I did notice that perfectly healthy and viable looking new seeds don't sprout well. For me.

This seed is the one from the picture mate, it didn't really get time to dry out as it was found in my 'tester' bud fresh from the plant. I think it's more a case of it being immature maybe, although I'm not sure of course. It's a fair sized seed but the colouring seems too pale to be mature, but fingers crossed that she makes it :thumb:

She's foxtailing and looking sexy with it I reckon :) I just cut her top hairs too for some backbuilding. She's got days left if I get reckless lol :peace:

DSC014806.JPG

Today I decided I would go ahead and make some cannabis eliquid so that I can truly conquer my smoking addiction. Every time I have a beer I end up smoking joints, I have bongs, pipes and a dry herb vaporiser but I find them either too harsh (pipe), too awkward (dh vaporiser), or too heavy hitting (bong). I'm just an old school toker that likes to go through varying levels whilst smoking away, I really do love a good fat joint but I'm also liking this vaping idea too so it has to be worth a try.

This is by no means a tutorial, everything I did tonight was a first for me but hopefully it will give you an idea of how the process goes, as well as being a reference for me in the future. So here goes, and don't try this at home! :rofl:

First of all I had left my 99.9% Isopropyl Alcohol in the freezer overnight to break down the water, something I read helps online but I'm not sure how. Still it was done in any case. This was used to make the oil (QWISO = Quick Wash ISOpropyl) after I had decarboxylated the green.

First I had to decarb some herb though. I used 15.9 grams of ground bud, not by design but just because I didn't want to do too much on my first attempt, but I also wanted enough for me to at least be able to try the result.

I used a mix of the Incredible Bulk and Lemon Skunk mainly because it's all I can find. I seem to have misplaced my remaining LSD bud and Dark Devil Auto, let's hope it is misplaced and that I didn't finish it off while on one of my many nights of debauchery/binges ;)

image15147.jpeg

I took all the stalks out and ground it down onto a baking tray covered in foil, I also covered the ground bud in a top layer of foil too. Then it was into the oven for 43 mins (I had to set my alarm and it worked out that way) at 220F. It started to smell like my dry herb vaporiser does when it is heating my weed so I think the timing was ok. So it was out of the oven, into a jar and into the freezer for an hour or two. Mainly while I read more info and watched videos to refresh my memory, but I read the same thing about separating the water the same as with the alcohol so it did no harm that I know of:

image15149.jpeg

In between watching videos etc I took out what I needed. Mainly one bowl for the first strain so that I wasn't standing around forever waiting on all that matter clogging up the coffee filters which I used on my second strain. Nothing special here just a straightforward strain into one, then finely strain into another.

image15150.jpeg
image15151.jpeg

The actual wash was a pretty quick one. I want to be vaping minimum chlorophyll if possible so I filled my jar of decarbed green to an inch above the level of green then vigorously shook for 20 seconds (22 to be precise but thereabouts works), strained it into the first container, threw the green matter back into the jar which in turn went back into the freezer for another day when I'm low and will use a second wash. Then it was simply a case of straining from the bowl into the Pyrex dish through the coffee filters.

Now the next part should not really be done inside apparently but I didn't really have any other option so it was a case of making it as safe as possible and cracking on. All windows and doors were left open and a fire extinguisher was close to hand, stay safe and keep everyone else in the house safe too.

To evaporate the alcohol away from the oil I filled a pan with water and then suspended the dish containing the mixture at the level where the water could heat up the mixture but could not get inside the dish, pretty straightforward so far:

image15152.jpeg

With a few refills of the water and some time double checking videos whilst keeping a wary eye on the process things were looking pretty much done, I had a layer of oil left and here is where I may have skipped a 'purging' step. I'm not too sure if it was applicable due to the fact that I had boiled off all the alcohol as far as I could tell, I couldn't smell the slightest hint of it, only a slight cooking herb smell like when it was in the oven. This is what remained, I kind of think it should have been Amber though:

image15154.jpeg

The next thing to do was to add Propylene Glycol only (Vegetable Glycerine cannot bind the oil and will apparently make it unvapeable), put the dish back on the heat and stir until the oil had dissolved and combined with the PG. Then a short cooling period and I then used a syringe and blunt needle to gather it up and fill my tank and bottle. Tadaa, job done as best as I could on my first attempt:

image15155.jpeg

The ratio of oil to PG is purely a matter of taste, I read that a 1:1 ratio is really potent and that most people tend to settle for a 2:1 or 2.5:1 ratio. This however did not suit me as I have everything I need for getting stoned fast when or if I need it. I used around a 6:1 ratio (approximately) so that I can vape and 'level up' at my own pace, I really do smoke a lot when drinking but a lot of that is the habitual action too, alot of chuffing and working my way up the levels is fine by me and after testing it out it's exactly that...and I like it.

Without going too much into vaping I read that vaping at lower temperatures is better for the flavour and doesn't burn off the terpenes in turn losing the potency, I find setting this newfangled thingummy that I got purely for canbabis eliquid use was just about perfect. Full bodied flavour, a little hit and a little vapour made me feel like I was having a nice reef, the effect is there too. The effect didn't knock my socks off, but after around 6 or 7 tokes I could feel my eyes starting to puff out and my consciousness drifting, it seems to have lasted too although I have had a couple of 'boosters', but this is exactly how it should be if I want to replicate but replace my habit of smoking joints while drinking. The true test will come this evening as me and the wife are out for a meal and the beer will be flowing, wish me luck :)

All the best and may your buds be bountiful :thumb:

Thanks for this Kriaze. I don't have a vaporizer that does the E-liquid thing, but I mean to get one someday. I just have some sort of vape pen. So I've been making various extracts to stick in it. :thumb:
Re. your tobacco smoking habit. I had forgotten about that European habit of mixing tobacco in joints. There was a short period when that became the style here as well. I'd kind of forgotten about that. I remember in my twenties when in my area we experienced a sudden influx of strange new people. Gushing about 'pristine wilderness' and 'untouched solitude' and 'cheap real estate', they came from a certain large province of eastern Canada, which I have sworn a vow to the gods never to set foot upon. It turned out to be the first wave of many such waves which have now urbanized, yuppified, paved, and politically correctified my home, and BC in general.
At any rate, my first contact with this glorious future was also the first time we found ourselves smoking joints that were rolled with tobacco in them. It was one of many things about this culture which was mystifying to us, especially since a lot of the people involved in the habit didn't even smoke tobacco regularly. I found it ok in small amounts but would always be gasping and choking and dizzy after a few puffs. When we asked them why they kept mixing tobacco in their joints - nobody seemed to know. After much head scratching- the best answer they could come up with was -'why wouldnt you put tobacco in your joints?' I think there was some talk of the joint burning better. It made it difficult when I was addicted to tobacco and trying to quit.
Anyway, it's one of the few 'advances' that hasn't lasted, in all the Ontario-ification that has happened here over the last couple decades. Probably smoking tobacco in joints wasn't politically correct enough and was voted out by a new age urban public health planning advisory subcommittee or something.
After googling around a bit, I can't seem to find any backup for my idea that cannabis seeds need to sit for a while after harvesting. It seemed to be my experience that germination rates were low with new seeds and improve over time. But I may have just imagined that. I do find though that some freezer time improves germination rates for most of my garden seeds, but cannabis is more of a warm climate species so maybe it doesn't care about having a winter before spring.

We are mixers here in Aus weasel... This isn't the reason but I'd say why continued. Different high and instant rush buzz... I think the reason would be related to, , folks getting sick of running out of their stash 3 months before next seasons harvest, tobacco helped get to through.. Although I don't know if this to be true, and simply might be for the rush...

Hello Kriaze, It's your garden sistah here. The move went well, uhhum, that's what I would like to think, and now it's time to focus on my garden to be. I just wanted to thank you for keeping in touch and I wanted to let you breathe now, as you felt my move was your move. Stand down and chill relax, garden day my friend, back where we belong. Go and get reckless with that beauty you posted. Make sure you take pics cause she is a gorgeous creature. Hope to hear from you, your 420 fam, GTHM:circle-of-love:

Thanks for sharing your methods bud! That's something I have been interested in for quite a while now :).

Your plants are also looking great :)

Hey Mono thanks I do like her myself, I find myself turning around to look at her a lot more than I have others in the past, wondering how that big cola will smoke :)

Thanks for this Kriaze. I don't have a vaporizer that does the E-liquid thing, but I mean to get one someday. I just have some sort of vape pen. So I've been making various extracts to stick in it. :thumb:
Re. your tobacco smoking habit. I had forgotten about that European habit of mixing tobacco in joints. There was a short period when that became the style here as well. I'd kind of forgotten about that. I remember in my twenties when in my area we experienced a sudden influx of strange new people. Gushing about 'pristine wilderness' and 'untouched solitude' and 'cheap real estate', they came from a certain large province of eastern Canada, which I have sworn a vow to the gods never to set foot upon. It turned out to be the first wave of many such waves which have now urbanized, yuppified, paved, and politically correctified my home, and BC in general.
At any rate, my first contact with this glorious future was also the first time we found ourselves smoking joints that were rolled with tobacco in them. It was one of many things about this culture which was mystifying to us, especially since a lot of the people involved in the habit didn't even smoke tobacco regularly. I found it ok in small amounts but would always be gasping and choking and dizzy after a few puffs. When we asked them why they kept mixing tobacco in their joints - nobody seemed to know. After much head scratching- the best answer they could come up with was -'why wouldnt you put tobacco in your joints?' I think there was some talk of the joint burning better. It made it difficult when I was addicted to tobacco and trying to quit.
Anyway, it's one of the few 'advances' that hasn't lasted, in all the Ontario-ification that has happened here over the last couple decades. Probably smoking tobacco in joints wasn't politically correct enough and was voted out by a new age urban public health planning advisory subcommittee or something.
After googling around a bit, I can't seem to find any backup for my idea that cannabis seeds need to sit for a while after harvesting. It seemed to be my experience that germination rates were low with new seeds and improve over time. But I may have just imagined that. I do find though that some freezer time improves germination rates for most of my garden seeds, but cannabis is more of a warm climate species so maybe it doesn't care about having a winter before spring.

Hey Weaselcracker, the main reason we smoke with tobacco over here that I know of is that green was never available in the same quantities as hash/resin/solid weed was in the past. I think I didn't even get to see green for my first couple of years smoking pot, it really was that rare. I suppose nowadays it's just that old habits die hard, that plus I get too high too fast when smoking pure green, I like to go through varying levels of stone and enjoy each one and tobacco helps to even it out and enable that to happen. Yep I'm a bit of a lightweight when it comes to pot lol.
As for the seed it still hasn't taken and I feel that it won't happen now, I've not planted anything else in there that pot just yet though.

We are mixers here in Aus weasel... This isn't the reason but I'd say why continued. Different high and instant rush buzz... I think the reason would be related to, , folks getting sick of running out of their stash 3 months before next seasons harvest, tobacco helped get to through.. Although I don't know if this to be true, and simply might be for the rush...

Sounds like you lot are as tight with your pot as us lot GrizzWald, this is another good reason :)

Hello Kriaze, It's your garden sistah here. The move went well, uhhum, that's what I would like to think, and now it's time to focus on my garden to be. I just wanted to thank you for keeping in touch and I wanted to let you breathe now, as you felt my move was your move. Stand down and chill relax, garden day my friend, back where we belong. Go and get reckless with that beauty you posted. Make sure you take pics cause she is a gorgeous creature. Hope to hear from you, your 420 fam, GTHM:circle-of-love:

Hey Gthm it's great to hear that everything went well and that you're settled again, thanks for letting me know. I'm wishing some positive energy to you (and all my 420 family) and I'll pop over and check out your garden shortly, although it may be after I sleep as it's almost 5am here :love:

It's a quiet day for the girls today, just a couple of waterings were needed and for that I'm thankful, my celebrations with the wife got a little out of hand and it was 4am before I even got home and continued the debauchery there. The e-liquid I made is a little too tame so I will probably try a 4:1 ratio next time I make it, but it did do the trick just not fast enough for my liking when having a beer. Which is a bit necessary for me when I'm out on the lash as I tend to lose my head and start doing crazy shit. Oh well the shame of my drunken shit talking will disappear sooner than the scars of the night lol. All the best everyone and may your buds be bountiful :thumb:

Hello :420: it's time for another update.

The veg tent is a bit of a mixed bag currently, there's not a lot going on mostly but the RQS Critical seems to be stretching pretty well and I'm thinking of moving her into flower asap, probably with a transplant into the big smart pot to see if she can put on more growth first. This is how she is currently looking:

DSC016399.JPG

Up the skirt shot:

DSC015444.JPG

The Bubba's Gift has started to push growth too, she was in need of a drink when I took the pic but she's up and at it again since this shot was taken two nights ago:

DSC0164612.JPG

From the side:

DSC015546.JPG

The White Strawberry Skunk and the Lemon Skunk have had no water since they popped. They seem quite happy about it and I'm still holding off, maybe tomorrow. Here they are:

Milk Strawberry Skunk:

DSC015037.JPG

Lemon Skunk:

DSC015068.JPG

The Crackerdino is still growing slowly but surely, it's hard going in that clay soil she's in but I keep resisting the temptation to repot her, I want to know if chucking a bit of soil and compost from the garden in a pot and growing a plant out can be done:

DSC015397.JPG
DSC016577.JPG

Did you spot these? These are my attempts at cloning the RQS Critical (I think, they may be Bubba's Gift but I was rather hammered at the time, time will tell lol ). I scored them and dipped them in rooting powder, no idea whether it will work but they've survived so far (around 3 days) let's hope they make it:

DSC015277.JPG

The two Think Big Autos must be about due now, they don't seem to be drinking and are looking a little sorry for themselves so I'll be chopping these sooner rather than later:

Think Big 2:

DSC016228.JPG

Think Big 1:

DSC016367.JPG

Ok let's get down and dirty, here are the problem girls.

First of all we have the Milk Strawberry Skunk, she was always poorly and I see why. She has mainlined herself or something of the like where the stem has split, then she has grown some more and split the stem again higher up, you can see this in the picture. I'm not sure whether to just bin her or throw her in the flower tent to take her chances, ideas please?

Here she is:

DSC015807.JPG

The other problem girl is my revegging Incredible Bulk. I don't know how long she has been revegging without going back to check but it seems like forever, she has new growth though albeit on one side. I think in the future revegging will be for seriously desperate times:

Here she is:

DSC0160310.JPG

Finally a family shot of the vegging girls:

DSC016637.JPG

As for the Milk Strawberry Skunk in the flower tent I'm getting mixed messages. I'm not sure if she's ready for chop or still got a way to go yet, which is a problem as she has been on water only for around 3 weeks, maybe even longer. She is shooting a lot of white pistils out still yet she doesn't seem to be packing on more weight, I took a macro shot to check her trichomes too but even that is giving me mixed messages. Trichomes are showing mainly cloudy with some amber which makes me think she's ready, but those pistils just keep on coming...I'm at a loss with this one, again any input would really be appreciated:

DSC0167813.JPG

Here's a macro shot of her trichomes:

DSC016937.JPG

That's pretty much it for now, I'm uncertain as to whether to harvest any of the plants, but none are hermies yet so I suppose I can keep them going for awhile :)

As ever I will wish you all the best and that your buds may be bountiful :thumb:

Hello Kriaze, looks like you have some hefty decisions to make. As for whether to flower her or not? I would contemplate the effort + time + nutes it would take and then decide on that. Looks like the big one is almost half flowering anyways. I would be inclined to consider cutting clones or just move on to flowering. Again, you can go either way. I always like to see a plant to the very end, but your garden is so huge that expenses may be a factor. As always, I'm happy to read your thoughts and always curious where you go with your girls as they are a unique bunch for sure. :goodjob:

Hey GTHM thanks for dropping in. Time and nutes are of no consequence but effort is a bit of a problem at the moment due to one of my prolapsed discs playing up and having trapped a nerve making my arm near unusable, but like they say no pain no gain. The big one that looks like it's half flowering is actually an Incredible Bulk that went through flower and is now back vegging again, I wanted to try it to see if it was worthwhile but with the time it takes I think I'll lay off that idea in the future.

I'm due to chop down the two autos in the very near future but as my graphics card in my PC has just given up the ghost (4 months out of warranty too sod's law) I have to wait two days for my new card to be delivered, so no real meaningful updates will be posted until then as I dislike doing major updates on my phone. I think they'll last, I've been checking for nanners and so far none to report :)

Until then I shall wish you all the best and may your buds be bountiful :thumb:

Hey GTHM thanks for dropping in. Time and nutes are of no consequence but effort is a bit of a problem at the moment due to one of my prolapsed discs playing up and having trapped a nerve making my arm near unusable, but like they say no pain no gain. The big one that looks like it's half flowering is actually an Incredible Bulk that went through flower and is now back vegging again, I wanted to try it to see if it was worthwhile but with the time it takes I think I'll lay off that idea in the future.

I'm due to chop down the two autos in the very near future but as my graphics card in my PC has just given up the ghost (4 months out of warranty too sod's law) I have to wait two days for my new card to be delivered, so no real meaningful updates will be posted until then as I dislike doing major updates on my phone. I think they'll last, I've been checking for nanners and so far none to report :)

Until then I shall wish you all the best and may your buds be bountiful :thumb:

Then I guess you could just flower her and get more meds. I am so sorry you are in pain from your trapped nerve, that can immobilize you for weeks. Balance is such a delicate dance when you swing from side to side. Best garden wishes!

Kriaze your reveg looks normal - like a reveg in the early stages, except that judging by the leaves it looks like it's having some sort of deficiency or nute burn issues. They normally start out super mangy looking and then take off and morph into normal looking plants. Normally I don't have much trouble revegging and find it a bit faster than cloning or starting from seed. I just do it as a last ditch rescue for plants I haven't been able to clone.
My sativas will put out lots of new pistils and foxtails close to harvest time- looking a lot like your strawberry. They never really stop with the new pistils- but do slow down after the last big pistil growing frenzy, and at the same time start to take on a leafy appearance in older parts of the bud. I don't expect your milk strawberry to be much of a sativa, but in the photos it does have the same look as a sativa going through a foxtailing phase. If it was me I'd probably let it be for a while and harvest it when it slows down a little, or starts getting very foxtailed and less white, especially if there is any sign of it getting greener and more leafy.
Not sure this 2c worth of vague advice helps much but it's been a long day... Hope all's well with you. Plants are looking great. :thumb:

Thanks for the advice Weaselcracker it is of help. I was going to wait for the bud to have more orange but I wasn't aware of the extra greenery on the older buds, I appreciate that info :thumb:

I could do with chopping the two autos but we're having a family get together so they're postponed for now. I'll update once things have settled down, all the best :peace:

Back
Top Bottom