Brother's - Afghani x Skunk #1 - Indoor Soil - 600W HPS - 4x4 Tent

Kali mera. Cracking update, neighbour. You know I can sympathise with you about deliveries. :cheesygrinsmiley:

It was an exceptional spot by CareStaker. Now there's an expert for you. :thumb:

Girls looking lovely and green. A bit of bendy stem is, as you say, no problem.

Yassoo, friend! :circle-of-love:

McD's

:ciao: hey friends thanks for dropping by

Kali mera. Cracking update, neighbour. You know I can sympathise with you about deliveries. :cheesygrinsmiley:

It was an exceptional spot by CareStaker. Now there's an expert for you. :thumb:

Girls looking lovely and green. A bit of bendy stem is, as you say, no problem.

Yassoo, friend! :circle-of-love:

thank you for the sympathies Mr.T

I believe that i am equally blessed to have everyone of you here, i do agree that Care has an eye for detail tho :circle-of-love:

this is one of these times where i need to call for help cause i dont wanna make rush decisions. It was water day today, it's been 7 days since they had their last feed.

The runoff was way too quick, like instant. Not like other times, almost like she was rootbound. From what i know that kind of runoff when you water a plant is a good indication for rootbound problems, also some of their leave edges are looking down.

now what im not sure about is, are they really rootbound or are they just thirsty. Should i risk it and let them be for now to see what's really going on or i cant afford to do that. The conditions are not ideal to transplant them right now, honestly it would damage more than help them. My stuff are not here yet and im still missing key equipment plus my rooting powder. So if they indeed are rootbound, How long till i can't leave them there nomore?

Day 19

here you can see what im talking about, is this paranoia from my part or no?

IMG_114225.JPG

pic of the day

IMG_114425.JPG

the truth is that eitherway i cant do anything about it, i just wanna know what is what :laughtwo:

still got 2 to 3 days till i get my stuff, at that point i'll transplant them to 8gal pots, setup the new kit and put them on a light feeding schedule of my 3 part AN system (micro grow bloom).

that should be fun :circle-of-love:

:thanks: for dropping by fellas, keep medicating like there is no tommorow :tokin:

Hey 420brother!

I think you might just be a little too worried about your ladies, as am I at times... and I would imagine as are most people on this site!

They look like they are starting to get thirsty to me, can you see roots poking out of the drainage holes in your pot? That is always a good indicator that it is getting close to transplant time!

If you can't up pot them right now anyway, I would just give 'em a soak and let em drink up and be happy. Just my two cents :cheesygrinsmiley:

I would recommend a slower watering. Start with a spray if you can to condition the soil. Water slowly until you get run off, wait ten minutes and repeat. This how my husband trained me to water his bonsai. It gets all those dry pockets that develop in the soil to rehydrate. The big trick is to begin with a spray instead of a stream.

You're right Max, just few hours after their feeding and they have already bounced back. I guess i was being a little paranoid.

Predicting these kind of things in organic soil is easier i guess, you know the roots keep growing because they are looking for food so might aswell put some pockets of nuts for them to find, that should keep them focused on that area until the nutes are exhausted so they look elsewhere.

a great example by doc bud, sometimes vegging plants up to 4 feet just inside 1,5gal smart pots.

i admit that i overthink about this a lot and somedays it's worse especially if i wake up on the paranoid side. I guess i really wanted them not to be troubled in any way cause of the setback im having and even the idea of them being rootbound gave me the spins

Your entry is much appreciated and thank you for poppin in to check on me :circle-of-love:

you fellas have a great evening :thanks:

edit(we were writing replies at the same time Sue :laughtwo: ill definitely do that thank you so much :circle-of-love:)

I was about to ask do the leafs pop back up after feeding.

:welcome: aboard PTSD, i hope you enjoy your stay :high-five:

i've been wondering myself about all that exploding growth, for all i know it could be the 24/0 ;)

heya bro,, looking good pal,, plant looks nice and green, just like it should. not sure about the tiny curl but it looks kinda normal, i think.

i just wanted to mention, when you mentioned the water running right through the pot,, the first bit,, i liked sues advice, and i have the same problem. the dirt dries so fast that it shrinks and leaves a bit of a gap between the pot and the dirt, and the water runs right through,, thats why a bit of water first, swells up the soil then go back and water better. i think it is a soil thing as much as roots and i think it means a lifetime of more watering than maybe could have been.

what about the holes in the pot?? too big?? water run away too easy. i have actually resorted to plugging some of the holes in all my pots. even from the outside. with tape and plastic. the pots hold the water much better now till the soil soaks it all up. tiny little pinch hole. if i need to flush i can make the holes bigger. and with some tape over the holes, and small screws, one can poke a hole and plug it with a screw. helping my situation, hope it helps yours, cheers pal

yeah i get that gap between soil and the pot at the edges of it, it's a real pain in the arse. thank you for your advices i'll definitely try to water slowly from now on and do what you folks suggested. It's been hard these days for them ladies, they don't really dig their enviroment and neither do i to be honest. It seems that everything is exhausting for them, from the light schedule to the water feedings. Monday can't get here soon enough :bitingnails:

thanks for checking in on me mate, cheers :ganjamon:

Do you guys have Vermiculite in your soils? It retains fluid; like little sponges for soil.

I have poor soil. Up to this point. Better soil is my next task. Got some plants in my future. Vermiculite included. Thanks. Picking it up today. Cheers

Here's a simple soil mix that's been working great for us Nivek. You can substitute the LI grower's mix with any generic low fert soil & all the ingredients are 10 bucks or less.

no vermiculite in my soil .. i'll try to get some for my next grow tho :thumb: thanks Reg :high-five:

:ciao: friends, i hope you are doing great cause i know i am.:love:

i want to apologize for being a little paranoid these days, we all know the effect of sativas on human brain :rofl:

i promise not to medicate and look at my plants so much next time :laughtwo:

i'll be coming at you with the daily update

Day 21

being good girls, mostly keeping out of trouble.

IMG_114623.JPG

IMG_114721.JPG

IMG_114817.JPG

not her good side but ..

IMG_115321.JPG

wouldn't expect them to be this big so early into it but what can you do :high-five:

IMG_115023.JPG

Gonna blast them with some Micro/Grow/Bloom next feed, also i'm pretty positive that they'll be sitting under the HIDs by the time that happens. I'm thinking about transplanting them into their final home (30 Liters / 8 Gallon) pots when i do, anyone correct me if that's too early but i kinda feel like it's time to.

I wish you all to have a great weekend, :thanks: for dropping by.

:peace: N :love: Keep Medicating :bong:

They certainly look like their ready for transplant Brother. Wonderful growth and vigor going here. Sweet.

:ciao: friends thanks for popping in and for your precious advices.

today felt like the most stressful day of my life, please remind me to never medicate and try to do stuff again. :laughtwo:

girls transplanted and moved under the sodium lights, still need to do stuff but i'm just taking a break for now to medicate :rofl:

Day 23

yay HPS

IMG_115626.JPG

sitting pretty after they had their transplant to their final home

IMG_115724.JPG

IMG_115522.JPG

IMG_115425.JPG

ok so today's story ..

well it all started when i came back home and started installing the equipment so i have everything ready for when i transplant the ladies (whom btw had really bounded in that pot, the roots were just a huge ball on the bottom)

after i installed the lights i started pooring the soil into the big pots, half way there my aunt just walks in from the front door i forgot to lock cause i was too medicated to function properly and in a failed attempt to not have my crop revealed i just left everything as it is and went out to greet her and try to not look suspicious.

long story short, the girls spent a good half hour inside their new pots without even water. As if that wasnt enough, i kinda ran out of soil at the last girl so i "borrowed" some from the surface of the other 3 to patch it up.

maybe that didn't seem so bad but trust me it felt like a nightmare that wouldnt end, at the end of this awful trip i was too tired to install the vent system so i just poored myself a nice hot tub full of scolding hot water, rolled a big fatty and relaxed while soaking in.

it's nice and windy out and the temp doesnt look so bad for now even without the vent to cool down the reflector, i'll just take the evening off and do it later when i feel like it :rofl:

im pretty sure that these girls are going to go through a big shock from all that they went under today, i'm just hoping for the best which is to bounce back up and not die on me :bitingnails:

:thanks: for checking in on me friends it means a lot :circle-of-love:

:peace: N :love: keep medicating :tokin:

Back
Top Bottom