Buds Buddy Does DWC: Critical 2.0 For The 1st Time

A lot if auto’s I’ve grown have Been very compact and need to tuck and pony tail fans in veg but once they decide to flower they can explode
I ran incredible bulk last year,ended up going to seed near the end but never spotted a narner through the grow.
Still a good vape and was right at the end of the grow when I spotted the first sign of seed.
Didn’t make it to my grow again list though
Was the Incredible Bulk an Auto or Photo ? Was it Dr. Krippling Seeds Incredible Bulk ? Just wondering as I've never had a photo hermie ... just Auto's. This will be my last Auto grow anyway as I don't like Auto's.

A little update on things. The 2 Critical Auto's are doing well. They have grown vertically just slightly. But they are mainly short & bushy at this point. Not tall enough to do LST yet as there's nothing to tie anything to. Temps, ppm, etc. are all about the same. Roots look much better. Not as brown as they were. I'll take some pics in a little while & post them.
2 out of 3 seeds are above ground now. The Blueberry is going strong as it has a nice thick stem right out the gate. The OG Pie Breath is just peaking her head out but I can see she lost her helmet on the way up. Nothing on the one I want to grow the most (figures) Gelato 33 x Do-Si-Dos. Not so sure this one will sprout as I didn't think the seed looked very good. It was small & not very dark colored. Only seed I had of that strain so if it doesn't sprout I'll just do the 2 soil plants (photo's) along with the 2 DWC plants. Once the DWC finishes my plans are to do the 3 Auto-Pots.
So DWC to soil & Soil to Auto Pots. Something for everyone ... lol.

Who here knows what the LUX reading should be at the canopy ? I know it's suppose to be in PAR for LED's but I'll have to use the LUX to PAR conversion chart. All I have is the Dr. Meter LX1330B Lux Meter to go by. Trying to figure out why these plants aren't stretching. They keep growing more branches but like 1/4" apart & the plants keep getting wider & not taller. The light is about 4' above the canopy so they should be stretching like hell. Then again, last time I grew these in soil & I think they only got about 18" tall & yielded about 2.5 oz.
LMK on the LUX so I can see where I'm at. Thanks !!!

The Blueberry seed has popped it's head up above soil. Still wearing it's sleeping cap though.
This is the lux I use from GWE
6F2CB47E-F750-4C29-BBE9-5AED731D3653.jpeg

OK, so let's start with the light. Apparently, it's not quite as great as I thought it would be. I did have the light up high.It was just below the light bulb & filter you see in the pic below. At that height the LUX Meter read 85 x 100 = 8500 (Maybe enough to keep a mother alive). So kept lowering it & checking it. Got to the top of the window AC & it's in the way to go any lower. So at this height (24" - 28") above the canopy the meter reads 3850 x 100 = 38, 500 LUX. I may put something under the buckets tonight to get to 40,000 at the canopy. Let's see how they react to how far I lowered it so far. This seems contradictory to what I've learned. Raise the lights / plants stretch. Lower the lights to keep the plants from stretching. So I'm lowering the lights & hoping they stretch .... lol. Hopefully, the problem was they weren't getting enough light.
7-60.JPG
7-61.JPG

Have you added a dimmer to your mega light ?
Mr. Krip Started a next light mega grow it will be organic.

Have you added a dimmer to your mega light ?
Mr. Krip Started a next light mega grow it will be organic.
This is the model without the port for the dimmer switch. Ballast is covered so you'd have to take the light apart to wire a dimmer in. Not bright enough anyway. Had to lower it to about 2.5' to get 38,500 Lux. I may raise my buckets tonight to get a higher Lux reading.

Wow it shows 12” off the canopy
  • Hang the light fixture using supplied V-Hooks.
  • Hang fixture at a minimum of 12” from light and plant canopy. Less than 12” distance may burn plants.
  • Recommended coverage is 4’ x 4‘ or 5’ x 5‘ for flowering and 7’ x 7’ area for vegetative growth.

When you guys add to your buckets are you just adding pH water & Hydro Guard or are you adding nutes too ?
I mix the nutrients then adjust the ph and an hour later then hydroguard . I don’t really know if the acid would kill off my hydroguard but not taking any chances . Plus I use Z7 .

I kind of wish I'd of used 3 - Mars Hydro TSW 2000's instead of the next light. Next light better for the spread but Mars for the penetration. I'll be adding 2 Mars when we start to flower.

I’m blown away on how good the Mars TSL2000 Is
Not sure if it’s the new light or the mega crop but I’ve never had a grow as good as mine is looking so far.
Still havnt gone above 4grams a gal of MC and am on day 39 of flower

I’m blown away on how good the Mars TSL2000 Is
Not sure if it’s the new light or the mega crop but I’ve never had a grow as good as mine is looking so far.
Still havnt gone above 4grams a gal of MC and am on day 39 of flower
I was saying the same thing last grow. Was it my new Mars Lights or the MC ? Best grow I ever had & my yield doubled from my usual 4.5 - 5 oz. per plant to 10. Never made it past 4.5 gr. per gal.

Back
Top Bottom