Budz: Mars Hydro FC-E3000, 3x3, Do Si Dos SCROG Grow

Hey buds! Those dos-si-dos branches o_O:goodjob:
So the whole tent zippers never stays fully closed? And does not affect as a like leak?

Read your DWC journal as well. Guess u like organic more?
Planning for my next grow to use DWC or some DIY bubbler, are they worth to try? Ive grew only using soil which is getting pretty straight forward.
Thing is want some new ”challenges” but not too hard :p Playing around with DWC probs would fulfill my gardening needs and plants daily care and petting xD

Anyway very nice journal youve got there! Will follow

Hey buds! Those dos-si-dos branches o_O:goodjob:
So the whole tent zippers never stays fully closed? And does not affect as a like leak?

Read your DWC journal as well. Guess u like organic more?
Planning for my next grow to use DWC or some DIY bubbler, are they worth to try? Ive grew only using soil which is getting pretty straight forward.
Thing is want some new ”challenges” but not too hard :p Playing around with DWC probs would fulfill my gardening needs and plants daily care and petting xD

Anyway very nice journal youve got there! Will follow
I haven't had any real issues with light leaks. The center zipper keeps the doors closed & the zipper across the top that I leave open has a flap covering it. The zipper across the bottom I just leave unzipped. I should mention my tent is in my bedroom with the light off about 65% of the time. Isn't it funny how plants don't Hermie from street lights when grown outside ?

If you have the time & water near by DWC probably wont be too bad for you as long as you only do a couple plants.
You'll have to check pH & water Temps about twice per day & adjust if needed. You also have to use Hydro Guard or Z7.
Do a complete nute / bucket change every 7-10 days. Just things like that you have to keep up with. When things go bad with Hydro they go bad fast; so you need to be on top of things.
Another reason I like soil. I got a week or 2 to fix any issue I come across.

I haven't had any real issues with light leaks. The center zipper keeps the doors closed & the zipper across the top that I leave open has a flap covering it. The zipper across the bottom I just leave unzipped. I should mention my tent is in my bedroom with the light off about 65% of the time. Isn't it funny how plants don't Hermie from street lights when grown outside ?
Yeah, was thinking about it from realistic perspective. Like what about most of the green houses? They are even more prone for unaffected light leaks for example cars and street lights, sun rise etc.
Assume its ”bigger mistake” if they get constant leaks during the night. Shit just got me so scared since the whole lot ”sun” went on during the night. Like it wasnt a leak, it was full blast HPS roasting the plants for 15-20mins.

If you have the time & water near by DWC probably wont be too bad for you as long as you only do a couple plants.
You'll have to check pH & water Temps about twice per day & adjust if needed. You also have to use Hydro Guard or Z7.
Do a complete nute / bucket change every 7-10 days. Just things like that you have to keep up with. When things go bad with Hydro they go bad fast; so you need to be on top of things.
Another reason I like soil. I got a week or 2 to fix any issue I come across.
I see you there. And you really got that thing stuck in your mind about DWC! :laughtwo: At the beginning of the journal some1 mentioned ”growing in DWC is like driving a ferrari. If things go sideways, they go sideways fast!”

Thats actually relevant and makes sense. I knew those challenges and playing around with water and nutes which may cost you bucks if needed to refill often.

And a little off topic, but saw u had som grews in a smaller containers as well.
How would u guide me to work with small pots? Two of my plants are potted in 4l (1gal) air pots. Since the container space is pretty small compared to the size of the plant, so the watering gets a bit tricky and the light-mix soil dries down even faster than ”basic-market-soil”.
Should I keep letting them to dry down completely (which only takes max 36hrs) and after that saturate the whole soil wet?
Or should I water them more often with less water at time? (Try to achive a bit moist soil for all the time)

Ive read about biobizz light-mix that its almost same as coco since its so fluffy/airy but the substrate is just more pH balanced because its soil..
Up potting at this stage of flowering isnt an option anymore for me.

Yeah, was thinking about it from realistic perspective. Like what about most of the green houses? They are even more prone for unaffected light leaks for example cars and street lights, sun rise etc.
Assume its ”bigger mistake” if they get constant leaks during the night. Shit just got me so scared since the whole lot ”sun” went on during the night. Like it wasnt a leak, it was full blast HPS roasting the plants for 15-20mins.

I see you there. And you really got that thing stuck in your mind about DWC! :laughtwo: At the beginning of the journal some1 mentioned ”growing in DWC is like driving a ferrari. If things go sideways, they go sideways fast!”

Thats actually relevant and makes sense. I knew those challenges and playing around with water and nutes which may cost you bucks if needed to refill often.

And a little off topic, but saw u had som grews in a smaller containers as well.
How would u guide me to work with small pots? Two of my plants are potted in 4l (1gal) air pots. Since the container space is pretty small compared to the size of the plant, so the watering gets a bit tricky and the light-mix soil dries down even faster than ”basic-market-soil”.
Should I keep letting them to dry down completely (which only takes max 36hrs) and after that saturate the whole soil wet?
Or should I water them more often with less water at time? (Try to achive a bit moist soil for all the time)

Ive read about biobizz light-mix that its almost same as coco since its so fluffy/airy but the substrate is just more pH balanced because its soil..
Up potting at this stage of flowering isnt an option anymore for me.
When I grow in small pots I cut the veg time down to 30 days & then flip to 12/12 so they don't outgrow the pot.
I do this when I use 3 gal. or smaller pots. Once I go to 5 gallon it's a 45 - 60 day veg (depends on how fast it grows).
I haven't done 7 gal. pots yet. I have done 10 gal. pots which veg for 60 days or longer. Pretty much.... The bigger the pot, the longer the veg. Just remember that you only want to veg the plant to 1/2 the size you want it to be at the end.
It doesn't stop growing when you switch to flower. It will almost double in size by time it's done.
A 1 gal. pot doesn't hold much water so it will dry faster. And in flower they drink much more. I've heard watering with less water but more often is the best way to go in your situation. Some have said it increased their yields too.

When I grow in small pots I cut the veg time down to 30 days & then flip to 12/12 so they don't outgrow the pot.
I do this when I use 3 gal. or smaller pots. Once I go to 5 gallon it's a 45 - 60 day veg (depends on how fast it grows).
I haven't done 7 gal. pots yet. I have done 10 gal. pots which veg for 60 days or longer. Pretty much.... The bigger the pot, the longer the veg. Just remember that you only want to veg the plant to 1/2 the size you want it to be at the end.
It doesn't stop growing when you switch to flower. It will almost double in size by time it's done.
A 1 gal. pot doesn't hold much water so it will dry faster. And in flower they drink much more. I've heard watering with less water but more often is the best way to go in your situation. Some have said it increased their yields too.
Yeah no problem at all figuring out the final size.
if u want to check out my NL diary, having 3x plants which only veg’d for 23 days then flip into 12/12 and managed to fill out entire 2x2 (60x60cm) scrog net. So ye thats not problem, i knew what size of plant ill get with those pots, but just like more about watering them.. Ive read aswell that watering plants in small containers is better than go through the wet/dry cycles.

Yeah no problem at all figuring out the final size.
if u want to check out my NL diary, having 3x plants which only veg’d for 23 days then flip into 12/12 and managed to fill out entire 2x2 (60x60cm) scrog net. So ye thats not problem, i knew what size of plant ill get with those pots, but just like more about watering them.. Ive read aswell that watering plants in small containers is better than go through the wet/dry cycles.
I'll check your NL journal out later today. I have a Doc appt. so have to get ready for that right now.

Looks like my plants are drinking more again. I can usually wait 2 days to feed; But all the leaves were hanging limp this morning. I may have to water more often if it happens again. I gave them all a thorough feeding with plenty of run off this morning so we'll know Friday.
I did a major defoliation on the SFV Kush this morning to try to get more light to the bottom buds. She's getting chopped this weekend so not worrying about the heavy defol. She doesn't have enough time left to Hermie on me.
She's not a big producer, but she smells good & sticky as all get up.

I was planning to chop the SFV this weekend, but I think I'll give it 1 more week. I checked the Trichs on the buds closer to the middle of the plant & there is still some clear in that area. I think 1 more week should be about perfect for her.
The "Papaya Punch" is close too. She has about 90% cloudy Trichs on the top buds; so another week or two on her. She has the brightest orange hairs I've ever seen on one of my plants.
One of my "Cherry on Top" plants leaves are all turning Purple now.
Bruce Banger & Aurora look neck in neck to the finish line (still a good 2-3 weeks to go).
All the rest still have all white pistils. Can't really judge when they'll finish as of yet.
Kind of funny the way one of my Cherry on Top is getting all purple leaves & the other one is getting yellow leaves. It's the only plant with yellow leaves.
New pics this weekend !

I'll start todays update with my Do-Si-Dos. Actually, not much to say. She's just a chug along doing her thing. Buds are getting fatter. Have to remove a few dead leaves from underneath once in a while.... but that's it.
So here's some pics.
11-273.JPG
11-274.JPG
11-275.JPG
11-276.JPG
11-277.JPG
11-278.JPG
11-279.JPG

Be back in a while with pics of the other 9. Still have to resize them.

Back
Top Bottom