Cabinet & Tent, Buckets & DWCt, White Widow Max

Re: Acers Closet Garden - Cabinet & Tent, Buckets & SH Deep Water Culture unit, White Widow

I have a question?

My humidity is still around 50%.

Should I get a dehumidifier? I can get oner very easy. :reading420magazine:

Re: Acers Closet Garden - Cabinet & Tent, Buckets & SH Deep Water Culture unit, White Widow

I have a question?

Humidity is a concern once the buds start really packing on because of bud rot/mold. Looking around id say 50% is good. That is what I ran the whole time with no problems I think the Jorge video said high as he would go is 60% but let see what everyone else thinks :)

SG

Humidity is a concern once the buds start really packing on because of bud rot/mold. Looking around id say 50% is good. That is what I ran the whole time with no problems I think the Jorge video said high as he would go is 60% but let see what everyone else thinks :)

SG

Hey SG,

I never realized the humidity was a concern because of mold....I always assumed the buds would get bigger with less humidity... Thanks for the education!! :clap:

Your ran 50% the whole time?:yahoo:

That should be good enough for me too!! :)

I am liking the 2 lighting types, will be nice to be able to compare the two. I just found out that I have my first female ever. Too bad I won't be able to see her in person for another 2 weeks... Keep it classy!

DJMattz!! Thanks for stopping by. It really is not a fair comparison. However, it will be interesting!! :)

Acer, I have been running at about 50% rh as well, I'd like to get it down but not much I can do . I keep a fan blowing on them 24/7 and when lights are on I have an extra fan blowing fresh air into the tent which I keep open during lights on for better circulation.. As long as you have good ventalation the extra humidity will be ok...I'd prefer lower humidity like around 25% but !!?? so far so good !!

I have a question?

I flower my ladies at 50% humidity and do not have any powdery mildew or bud rot which I attribute to my Oscillating fans and exhaust/inlet fans. I have the ability to run a lower RH but I choose not to for several reasons. The first is a heat concern, especially during the summer months. My dehumidfier exhausts heat into the room. It would take a major modification to get the exhaust out and not to mention the added filter for odor. This is a constraint more than a choice, I know, but I can run cool enough at 40% if I wish.
The second reason I don't go below 50% Rh is that plants transpire much more at lower humidity levels. For hydro that means bigger swings in ppm with smaller resevoirs and having to add back more water more frequently. Even when I am running at 40 gallons in the res. I notice larger swings in ppm with lower Rh.
I would rather the plant use the water in it's cells and cell walls than stress it constantly by making it work harder to cool itself. There are other ways to stress a plant for more trich production that don't stunt growth as well. One that is beneficial is simply "light intensity". Getting your lights closer to the tops increases the trich production in response to the increased intensity. Just as long as the light is properly vented, heat stress which IS detrimental to growth is avoided. I like to keep my lights about 8 to 10 inches away for optimum coverage and intensity. nearing the end of the flowering phase, the last couple of weeks, I lower the lights every other day to 4 inches above the tops.
I say experiment. Find what works in the environment you have and watch the ladies responses. That is the best way to fine tune your garden environment. If you can add a dehumidifier without negative consequences, I would do it. I am going to be adding A/C to my room which may negate the need for my dehumidifier and eliminate the heat it produced. However, I suspect I will still maintain the Rh at or near the 50% range even if I can lower it without negative effects on the environment.
I appologize for the lengthy reply, I am waiting to see if I am working today or not and your thread had the misfortune of catching me at such a time.:nomo::peace:

Nice info DrDan, +reps. I am going to be running a 150 watt HPS for flowering when I get back home. I have been looking into LEDs though as a possible replacement later down the line. I have seen some LED systems outperform HPS systems and then I have seen some LED systems unable to sustain plant life. (cheap chinese built ones mainly)

Cant wait! :blunt:

looking good acer, i had a problem dropping the hum in bud stage and ran 50-50 % no problems, i had good air flow the whole time. but it is said that lower hum produces more trichomes

I too am running at 50% rh so far so good, but I'd love to drop it to around 30% but unless I run a dehumidifier that probably won't happen so I keep my fan running and I'll hope for the best ...

I flower my ladies at 50% humidity and do not have any powdery mildew or bud rot which I attribute to my Oscillating fans and exhaust/inlet fans. I have the ability to run a lower RH but I choose not to for several reasons. The first is a heat concern, especially during the summer months. My dehumidfier exhausts heat into the room. It would take a major modification to get the exhaust out and not to mention the added filter for odor. This is a constraint more than a choice, I know, but I can run cool enough at 40% if I wish.
The second reason I don't go below 50% Rh is that plants transpire much more at lower humidity levels. For hydro that means bigger swings in ppm with smaller resevoirs and having to add back more water more frequently. Even when I am running at 40 gallons in the res. I notice larger swings in ppm with lower Rh.
I would rather the plant use the water in it's cells and cell walls than stress it constantly by making it work harder to cool itself. There are other ways to stress a plant for more trich production that don't stunt growth as well. One that is beneficial is simply "light intensity". Getting your lights closer to the tops increases the trich production in response to the increased intensity. Just as long as the light is properly vented, heat stress which IS detrimental to growth is avoided. I like to keep my lights about 8 to 10 inches away for optimum coverage and intensity. nearing the end of the flowering phase, the last couple of weeks, I lower the lights every other day to 4 inches above the tops.
I say experiment. Find what works in the environment you have and watch the ladies responses. That is the best way to fine tune your garden environment. If you can add a dehumidifier without negative consequences, I would do it. I am going to be adding A/C to my room which may negate the need for my dehumidifier and eliminate the heat it produced. However, I suspect I will still maintain the Rh at or near the 50% range even if I can lower it without negative effects on the environment.
I appologize for the lengthy reply, I am waiting to see if I am working today or not and your thread had the misfortune of catching me at such a time.:nomo::peace:

Dr Dan,

Thank you for your detailed response. Alot o information. Just what I would expect from a Doctor of Weed!!! I was hoping you would reply to my question....

I ran into this dehumidifyer that is not battery ofperated. Will not increase the heat. It seems it would work good in my tent. I am thinking about trying it. They sell it at ACE or I can buy on line.

However after seeing what you say and the others and seeing the results at 50% humidity. I am not concerned. However...if it will give me better tchc production. I am willing to try it.
:headbanger:

Almost forgot, your ladies are looking fine bro! Keep doin what you are doin!:bravo:

Nice info DrDan, +reps. I am going to be running a 150 watt HPS for flowering when I get back home. I have been looking into LEDs though as a possible replacement later down the line. I have seen some LED systems outperform HPS systems and then I have seen some LED systems unable to sustain plant life. (cheap chinese built ones mainly)

Cant wait! :blunt:

Thanks for viewing. :yummy:

looking good acer, i had a problem dropping the hum in bud stage and ran 50-50 % no problems, i had good air flow the whole time. but it is said that lower hum produces more trichomes

Thanks Scare D Cat!!! I am ok with the 50% humidity. Especially after viewing SG's plants Your awsome journal!! and hearing from Dr Dan and Ol Hippy!! You all have been successful!!

that good info , i think i will check at my local ace to see if they have this, reps to ya when i can

https://evadry.reachlocal.net/images/products_eh500f.jpg
that good info , i think i will check at my local ace to see if they have this, reps to ya when i can

That looks like it is just the ticket for the space you are growing in. Nice find Acer!:bravo:

Thanks ScarDcaT and Dr Dan!!

I will get this product and let you all know how it works. They are mainly used for gun cabinets and boats...who knows...if it reduces humidity without heat!! Its worth a try!!:reading420magazine:

Thanks ScarDcaT and Dr Dan!!

I will get this product and let you all know how it works. They are mainly used for gun cabinets and boats...who knows...if it reduces humidity without heat!! Its worth a try!!:reading420magazine:

it is definitely worth a try

High Acer! Looks like you are getting good advise. :goodjob:

Not to monkey with your set-up but since you ducted the tent and got balmy conditions, couldn't you duct your cab too?

I once thought I had a heat prob but after seeing threads showing "real" heat I can count my lucky stars!

High Acer! Looks like you are getting good advise. :goodjob:
Thanks Green!! :lot-o-toke:

Just kidding!!

Not to monkey with your set-up but since you ducted the tent and got balmy conditions, couldn't you duct your cab too?

I once thought I had a heat prob but after seeing threads showing "real" heat I can count my lucky stars!

Hi KX808!!

Great to hear from you again!! Thank again for the + reps too!

I thought about that. However the closet in the room does not have a vent as handy as the tent closet. And also, with the LED's I don't have a heat problem.

After this grow. I plan on only using one closet and the tent only. I can grow enough for my wife and myself with the tent keep myself in the FRESH!!!! :rollit:

Back
Top Bottom