Cajuncelt's Fall Auto Grow

Noticeable difference. How many applications to this point? It's just a couple now isn't it?

I went back to look again and they just pop right off the page. That's amazing!

I've used it every 3 days so far. It's supposed to be 1 a week, but I wanted to see how far I could push it.
There's a difference. It's hard to tell with my crappy pics. Hope it keeps up!

I missed something...oils? Here any way to see more of this auto thing. I have been wary of them but maybe they could help my procrastinating nature? Everything looks great sir! I'm excited. Things are starting to roll!

Please explain ShiggityFlip, why would you be wary of them?

Please explain ShiggityFlip, why would you be wary of them?

Sue I think it goes back to the fact that I have always been an extreme trainer of plants. I experiment with different training techniques,defoliation a etc. (I see though that people like LA and A-train have success in training autos). I like to control my garden as well so having something that has a ticking clock aspect to it gets me a bit uneasy. I also grow mainly from clone. I like to find a great pheno and then run it. A short pheno plant for directly under lights and a taller one for the garden edge. The last time before this year that I bought seed was in Amsterdam at the turn of the century. I found a great pheno of a plant called twister. It was all that I wanted to smoke for a decade. I really fell in love with that girl. Mostly sativa but fairly compact. Great head buzz, full of energy. Gave you two rosy spots of sunshine on your cheeks, exactly like the sun was shining on you. Have a little light show as well. She was super fragrant, fruity and citrus with a hint of cat pee.

I have not been growing for about two years. Living off the reserve I had built up. But the past year has been tough and I am in the last year of grad school to get my PHD in my 40s lol. And I miss having something truly epic to smoke. The truth is I think I have ADD (no hyperactivity). I was more productive when I was more regularly medicated. So I'm just getting back into things. Dusted off my 600w ballasts and got a few new strains. Huckleberry Kush v3 2015, Agent Orange, and some Mad Hatter. Soil is cooking so I am doing a pheno hunt with the last of my Chem nutes. I know they will be different in HB soil but it gives me an idea of what they will be like. I will give each clone more than one chance before ditching them from the library.

So to make a short story long, autos weren't the rage when I was in this game before. And I love my clones like they are different girlfriends. I build a relationship with each of them and dive deeper, learning their individual nuances over time. My buddy still has my Twister. I will entice him to visit with my new phenos and tell him to bring me a cut of the old girl. So I am sure eventually I will try an auto, just to have a different experience.

Wow! What a wonderful answer. I need to keep you talking. :laughtwo: Your familiarity with cloning alone will make you disenchanted with paying in excess of $10 a seed. :straightface:

I will dance with joy, literally, when you share with me that you've once again got a cut of your beloved Twister to grow again. It has to be, I can see no other way. :battingeyelashes: I get chills thinking about what the Kit could do for that strain. It sounds like one I'd adore.

Kiddos for having the drive to conquer the PhD. You're a better man than I, but maybe given the right motivation..... Nope don't see it. LOL! I do get the sense of normal though. I recently discovered sativas and it changed my life. I haven't felt this "normal" ever before. My goal is to stay here. More challenging than one would like it to be, having enough inventory on hand to keep me in edibles adequate to the task.

Autos have come a long way, and Atrain is uniquely qualified to help anyone get greater yields, but that seed cost is going to piss you off, unless you're buying ACE seeds, 'cause I've yet to see anyone unhappy with paying for their seeds. They don't sell autos.

I agree 100%. Even just 2-3 years ago, autos were crap. The Ruderalis genetics are becoming more distant in the newer auto strains.
If these get chopped after +/- 70 days from seed to harvest, I'll keep growing them I think.
We'll see. I'm pretty excited about the Bubba Kush & OG Kush autos. They're in the auto grow #2, just popped above soil.
I topped 2 of the autos & am glad I did. They didn't stall out. I'm going to play with LST'g them. If they dig it, I will have found my auto-growing style...

I agree 100%. Even just 2-3 years ago, autos were crap. The Ruderalis genetics are becoming more distant in the newer auto strains.
If these get chopped after +/- 70 days from seed to harvest, I'll keep growing them I think.
We'll see. I'm pretty excited about the Bubba Kush & OG Kush autos. They're in the auto grow #2, just popped above soil.
I topped 2 of the autos & am glad I did. They didn't stall out. I'm going to play with LST'g them. If they dig it, I will have found my auto-growing style...
Excited to see how they do! It's great to be able to follow these journals. They teach me so much. This is really the first forum I have paid attention to for growing. It's amazing how much longer it takes to learn by yourself. This forum is such a resource. New growers don't have to suffer as much. I still remember in the 90s looking at Ed Rosenthal's book trying to diagnose a deficiency. Or taking one sentence worth of info and trying to make a grow experiment from it.

But so far your babies are looking great! I am glad to see you having success in training them. What attracts you most to an auto grow as opposed to a traditional one?

I know you'll be happy Cajun. Both of my autos on my initial run came down around 75-80 days I believe, and I could have cut them earlier if I wanted to. That quick turn-around is one of the best reasons to run them. They respond well to LST.

What's your expectation on harvest goals? What I mean is what's the minimum acceptable production per plant for you?

I was thinking about what you'd said earlier concerning the ruthless nature of the head cultivators in culling out the slow movers and how difficult that is for us, mostly because we invest so much emotional baggage to our grows. Some of us name our plants. I don't go that far, but I think of them almost like pets sometimes. In no time at all you'll be just as ruthless and it'll be a good thing.

Excited to see how they do! It's great to be able to follow these journals. They teach me so much. This is really the first forum I have paid attention to for growing. It's amazing how much longer it takes to learn by yourself. This forum is such a resource. New growers don't have to suffer as much. I still remember in the 90s looking at Ed Rosenthal's book trying to diagnose a deficiency. Or taking one sentence worth of info and trying to make a grow experiment from it.

But so far your babies are looking great! I am glad to see you having success in training them. What attracts you most to an auto grow as opposed to a traditional one?

I like photos better than autos & an growing some good size ones.
But, the turn around time for autos is what made me grow these. The head honcho where I work hooked me up with frijoles & I didn't want to wait until next year for my own bud. So here we are. I'm not full on impressed with them, but I think the next will be closer to what I'm looking for.

I know you'll be happy Cajun. Both of my autos on my initial run came down around 75-80 days I believe, and I could have cut them earlier if I wanted to. That quick turn-around is one of the best reasons to run them. They respond well to LST.

What's your expectation on harvest goals? What I mean is what's the minimum acceptable production per plant for you?

I was thinking about what you'd said earlier concerning the ruthless nature of the head cultivators in culling out the slow movers and how difficult that is for us, mostly because we invest so much emotional baggage to our grows. Some of us name our plants. I don't go that far, but I think of them almost like pets sometimes. In no time at all you'll be just as ruthless and it'll be a good thing.

Some auto strains definitely don't like training. I'm lucky to find these strains.
If be excited with an oz or 10. Lol.

Yeah, growing professionally is definitely different in that aspect. I used to name my plants when I only grew 4 or so. I still name the tent champs. It's not so much that I'm tied to the plants at work (& I am), it's that I don't see what he does when he pulls them. He can tell where the hormones are at by looking at the plant structure. He uses that when he defols, trains them, tops them...and, yes, pulls them. It's actually a little irritating. I think about 85% of them would be fine. But who am I?

But who am I?

You're the guy training to be as good or better than him at reading the plants that well. It's a numbers game that you just joined. You're a quick study, if I read you correctly.

:popcorn:

So, taking advice from Atrains journal, I'm still not feeding full bloom nutes as they're still stretching pretty good.
The colors of the Domina are really cool. The Narco Therapy is getting to a good size. They'd have done well with topping & some real low stress training I think.
Well, the next generation will get a lil training.

IMG_20151030_221812.jpg
IMG_20151030_221738.jpg
IMG_20151030_221707.jpg
IMG_20151030_221540.jpg
IMG_20151030_221055820_HDR.jpg

That strain fascinates me. I came across pictures of a grow quite a ways back with it and my word, what beautiful blossoms they were! I'm looking forward to seeing how yours is coming along.

Does the camera not play well with you mon ami?

You've a nice flock of youngsters going there.

I see evidence of beauty and drama, standards with the strain. Nice leaf structure. Leaves are my real weakness. I know we don'tt grow for the leaves, but the linear quality sends me into goosebumps. :laughtwo:

What type of phone are you using?

To be honest, I'm retired and that means I have the time to devote to twenty shots to get that one that finally came in clear enough to meet my rediculous standards enough and make the post. Sometimes the hands won't be still. Those close ups are the ones that drive me to distraction. I dance for joy when one finally works. :laughtwo:

Back
Top Bottom