Can someone help me with the picture of my plant please

russets are actually so tiny a loupe might not catch them. usually you don't see them until there are literally billions and it is too late. sorta looks like dust moving on the edges of the leaves.

it's a 200 w light which is pretty good for a 2 x 2. it is a bit of an off brand, a second probably couldn't hurt in flower, 2 would be enough for a 3 x 3 probably.

I am pretty sure that a pack of seeds I received one year from Crop King had a colony of russet mites "overwintering" on the seeds. Yes, they can do that, apparently. They were in one of those tiny Ziploc style bags. I placed them into storage. It got *hot* (I know, I know - and I've been paying for it ever since, lol). Some time later, I was trying to get (anything :( ) to germinate, and I happened to pick up that pack and look at it. It looked as though hundreds (more?) of "micrograins" of dust had spread out from the seeds.

A pair of those lights - assuming they're actually 200-watt units (an inexpensive Kill A Watt device would show the user what a light or anything else plugged into the KAW actually consumes) - would probably be much better suited for a 2'×4' tent than for a 3'×3' one. Both because of the amount of light and because of the shape of its footprint.

OP: I don't like MiracleGro products in general, for a few reasons. But with that product, specifically, my main concern would be its NPK ratio. Someone posted a good nutrient profile for cannabis, and... well... that's not it. If I'm not mistaken, it was @FelipeBlu . Was I correct, Felipe? If so, would you be kind enough to enter the discussion, please?

LOL Step into this?!

NPKs are so subjective - I hesitate

Okay, I’ll just report what I and some other growers are about.

But first, that MG product, and many other in the Scott/Monsanto line up, rely on cheap urea for the bulk of their nitrogen. This is the one that can burn your plants. Not only that, but it must be converted to ammonium nitrogen by microbes, which then can either be absorbed as a cation, or converted to nitrate and absorbed as an anion. Very cumbersome - when what the plant really wants is the nitrate.

But I digress..

What I am trending towards is a NPK something like 5-1-6. Then target Ca ppm to be ~1/2 the ppm of K, and Mg ppm to be ~1/2 Ca ppm. And complete micros, including ~2ppm Fe. So an example at extended veg/bloom would be something like:

150ppm N (+90% nitrate)
30ppm P
180ppm K
90ppm Ca
45ppm Mg

I took out all other plants but this one. She looks very healthy. I seen a definite sign of leaf septoria in one of them and the other ones have them weird leaves on it like I was showing you and I was afraid of mites. So I took them all out and this is the one left in there and it looks really good I don't see no problems on it hopefully it stays that way. And I also still have that really good one in the closet I plan on getting clones

20210917_213325.jpg

20210917_213321.jpg

20210917_213316.jpg

20210917_213257.jpg

20210917_213248.jpg

20210917_213233.jpg

20210917_213223.jpg

20210917_213214.jpg

20210917_213159.jpg

20210917_213147.jpg

humm, tuff to see from the pic, need a bigger picture bro. BUT, it looks like broad mites maybe, or realllly bad PH.

OK, i found your other thread. Something is eating your plants, i see alot of tips munched off. Im still leaning to broad mites, or PH, mainly cooper deficiency, which can happen if PH is wrong.
Well look I posted new pics. I haven't feed them new water yet because she's still moist. But anyways I put new pics up I went ahead and just yanked the other three out. You can read my newest post with my new pics to get the rest of the info. Worst case scenario this plant in here by itself now it looks really healthy as you can see in the pictures unless you see something I don't. If it starts showing signs of any symptoms like the other ones I'll go ahead and get rid of it and then I'll clean my tent really good and I'll start fresh with clones from that good one that I have in the closet

good call bro, now measure the light to 18 inches from the top of your plant. Leave it there till you flip and go 2 more week, then drop to 16 inches week 2 flower, then to 14 inches week 5 flower.

good call bro, now measure the light to 18 inches from the top of your plant. Leave it there till you flip and go 2 more week, then drop to 16 inches week 2 flower, then to 14 inches week 5 flower.

it's not much of a light if it has to be run inside 18 inches. at that distance the footprint would only be enough for a single plant. it's not worth using a light that can't be at 18 or further. led is super up and down directional. it doesn't get much side to side spillover.

if you had russets the plants would be exhibiting a lot more problems.

classic cannabis npk ratios generally run 2:blushsmile:3

it's not much of a light if it has to be run inside 18 inches. at that distance the footprint would only be enough for a single plant. it's not worth using a light that can't be at 18 or further. led is super up and down directional. it doesn't get much side to side spillover.

if you had russets the plants would be exhibiting a lot more problems.

classic cannabis npk ratios generally run 2:blushsmile:3
he has just 1 plant, thats why i suggested that distance. He know this light is less then average bro, now i think

It actually ain't that bad of a light I had one plant 2 ft tall underneth and got over 5 oz

i run a 200w cob rig in veg. different light obviously, but i could get one good plant all the way under it for sure.

i sorta thought he was running a few more.

Back
Top Bottom