Can someone help me with this deficiency?

716Budz

420 Member
Hey this is an Auto. Can someone please help me with this.

IMG_2390.jpeg

IMG_2391.jpeg

what ec are you feeding at ?
when did you start feeding ?
how often do you feed ?
how much do feed at each watering ?
what ph are you feeding at ?
have you checked for pests ?
do you have a loupe ?
are you indoor or outdoor ?

have you bothered to look at the minimum info we need to help you ?

what ec are you feeding at ?
when did you start feeding ?
how often do you feed ?
how much do feed at each watering ?
what ph are you feeding at ?
have you checked for pests ?
do you have a loupe ?
are you indoor or outdoor ?

have you bothered to look at the minimum info we need to help you ?
I currently do not have an ec meter.
I started feeding Week 3 of veg.
I feed every other watering.
1/2 of what’s recommended for Advanced Nutrients.
Ph is between 5.0 -6.5
Yes I’ve checked for pest and I do have an loupe.
I’m growing indoors.

how often do you feed / water ?

at present i'm thinking ph and possibly overwatered. roots are choking for air.
i'm not sure if ocean forest is buffered but i believe it runs under soil rules which would mean ph at 6.3 - 6.5 on every feed.

I currently do not have an ec meter.
I started feeding Week 3 of veg.
Ph is between 5.0 -6.5
Yes I’ve checked for pest and I do have an loupe.
I’m growing indoors.
There is your whole problem. I see magnesium, nitrogen and iron deficiencies right off and there are probably more. You or any of the online gurus are not qualified to adjust the recommended dosage of your nutes. Follow the dosage directions to the letter, get a better hold on your pH and you will be golden.

i'm not sure if ocean forest is buffered but i believe it runs under soil rules which would mean ph at 6.3 - 6.5 on every feed.
Yes, it's buffered and is a soil type grow. At a minimum, overwatered and underfed. I've used FFOF for many years, about the only complaint I have is that is can get a bit compacted by the end of a grow cycle, but if you add about 15% additional perlite it keeps it loose and fluffy.

Yeah that’s kinda what I’ve been thinking as I keep watching different videos.

There is your whole problem. I see magnesium, nitrogen and iron deficiencies right off and there are probably more. You or any of the online gurus are not qualified to adjust the recommended dosage of your nutes. Follow the dosage directions to the letter, get a better hold on your pH and you will be golden.
So I should follow the recommended dosage on the nutrition label?

Week 5 of veg. I’m using Ocean Forest Soil.
I’m using Advanced Nutrients Micro, Grow, Bloom, CalMag, B-52
If I am following your selected fertilizers you have chosen the Advanced Nutrients pH Perfect line of what the company calls its Base Nutrients or something like that. I do not know what amounts per liter are on the back of the bottles but I did find the recommended amount per liter per week for the Micro, Grow & Bloom on the Advanced Nutrients web site.

The link is down near the bottom of this portion of my reply. The web site does have more thorough feeding schedules but the basic dose as found in the link should be enough to get you and the plants back on track.

Anyway, it is pretty simple from here on out. The dose is 4 ml per liter per week of each of the bottles for the rest of the plant's life.

The 3 Base fertilizers are mild which is why a half dose is not doing the job. So half dose and probably fertilized half of the time puts the total amounts so far at about 1/4 of recommended amount for plants as old as yours. However, that does not mean that you should add more than recommended to play catch-up. Just start to follow the schedule and watch the plant.

https://www.advancednutrients.com/products/ph-perfect-grow-micro-bloom/

That link is for the 3 Base fertilizers you have. I did not look up the Cal-Mag or vitamin supplement, the B-52, so you are on your own with those. Use what is on the back of the bottle or see what you can find on the company's web site.

Ph is between 5.0 -6.5
That is quite the range on pH readings. Either your water source is fluctuating badly or something is off in the way you are taking your pH readings.

As it is, Advanced Nutrients says the 3 fertilizers you have to be part of their pH Perfect line which means that they are already set up to compensate for mild shifts in the pH levels which reduces you need to constantly test and worry.
So I should follow the recommended dosage on the nutrition label?
Up to you. Some companies do have a different dose on the bottle which can be their recommendation for outdoor plants as Emilya mentions or for when the grower is only using one or two of the products instead of the complete line of the 3 or 4 basic fertilizers. Probably best to look at the back of the bottle and then the on-line charts and schedules. By the way, you can also contact them and see what they recommend.

Back
Top Bottom