Cannabis Rezination

Ahoy @Emilya
gonna squish some "broscience" like fresh rosin in a hot press tonight

if you get a chance stop by :love:

And when you make the trip here this summer, I will supply you with some secret sauce. The MeJA
I look forward to coming soon! I have to get my plants harvested then cured for about 3 weeks before I can come. We can do some smokin and learning on my part.

The Stankberry X Northern are just entering flower. The Northern that came down were from another breeder. I can't say enough about how rewarding Northern Lights can be. But the Stankberry Northern we ran a while back made Queen status before all was said and done. Very excited about a full crew of them this time.

Guess who is nowadays a gummy sucking convert in my world? The most conservative, believe in the lies, and never challenge authority of any sort, person I have in my inner circle. Mrs Maritimer :love:
The pain drover her too us, not my informed personal recommendations. go figure!

gummy sucker :hookah:
She's like my best half. It can't come from me....ever. I'm happy she's got a good coach now!

She's like my best half. It can't come from me....ever. I'm happy she's got a good coach now!
She called me on her way home from work the other night and told me that those gummys knocked her on her behind!

With the anticipated struggle I will face this evening trying to sleep with the back being a brat, I figure to draft up some straw hat notes for your considerations later tonight.
For 37 years I have had problems mainly with my neck area, doctors wanted to cut on my lower back telling me that the pain was cause by my lower back. I didn't accept their findings and was never cut on but back in 1984 they didn't know crap. I don't doubt that my lower back has problems along with knees and shoulders and over time they get worse with age. I am 70 years old and have lived a hard life on my body by doing dangerous jobs. I do have maritime work in my long list of hats working for Jay Ray McDermott in the gulf for about a year even riding a hurricane out in 1971. Life gets interesting at times and can probably see where I should have died a long time ago either from muscle cars and dangerous jobs. I never took pain pills other than for tooth aches. Back in the day pain pill freaks were the ones that would steal stuff from you. I was a speed freak and wore my teeth down by taking Black Mollies for over 10 years. I believe my neck pain is caused by my jaws and teeth by closing the gap that my jaws travel. I feel that a new set of false teeth that that would spread the gap will relieve the pain. In the meantime a pint of 80 proof Kentucky Bourbon works for now.
I have enjoyed reading this thread and the research you are doing, Maritimer, will help with my growing ability. Thank for your work.

For 37 years I have had problems mainly with my neck area, doctors wanted to cut on my lower back telling me that the pain was cause by my lower back. I didn't accept their findings and was never cut on but back in 1984 they didn't know crap. I don't doubt that my lower back has problems along with knees and shoulders and over time they get worse with age. I am 70 years old and have lived a hard life on my body by doing dangerous jobs. I do have maritime work in my long list of hats working for Jay Ray McDermott in the gulf for about a year even riding a hurricane out in 1971. Life gets interesting at times and can probably see where I should have died a long time ago either from muscle cars and dangerous jobs. I never took pain pills other than for tooth aches. Back in the day pain pill freaks were the ones that would steal stuff from you. I was a speed freak and wore my teeth down by taking Black Mollies for over 10 years. I believe my neck pain is caused by my jaws and teeth by closing the gap that my jaws travel. I feel that a new set of false teeth that that would spread the gap will relieve the pain. In the meantime a pint of 80 proof Kentucky Bourbon works for now.
I have enjoyed reading this thread and the research you are doing, Maritimer, will help with my growing ability. Thank for your work.
Ahoy there!
Always glad to meet an able bodied sailor and remember the salt.
Aye! The frigin salt.

Thanks for sharing with me. Be mindful that 80 proof packs no love for an old sailor. Our ragged vessels need the love, that can only come from above. We wish you the finest runs so that your pain might be softened by that love. :love:

Be sure and stick around. We got some fancy plans if all goes well.

That's what I like about edibles! Every now and then I enjoy going slightly overboard with them. It feels like a temporary reset of some sort.
Like last night. Wow Guessing I found my tolerance.
Stoneotter my friend, I slept for almost 12 hours.
SLEEP :love:
Thanks Shed

Sleep is a long fuzzy memory here too. 12 hours is crazy good! If I get 5 or 6 hours I'm happy as a stoned clam!
Literally, a stoned clam aye!
That my friend, could be the feeling when you are about to be eaten by an otter.
a stoned otter :love:
In Otterville that could be a very nice feeling!

Here we go bro,

Ahoy There!

Let’s try something that just could turn you into a master gardener. Use your rewind buttons. We want to go back in time when you first began to hear about gardening cannabis sativa. Pot somebody called it, even today we have no clue as to why. The same hippie may have coined the most damaging term of all. Not from any traditional schools of botany, our probably long-haired friend witnessed the explosive growth after photoperiod adjustments and declared the plant goes into STRETCH.

Take that word (Stretch) out of your cannabis gardening vocabulary.

tbc

Here we go bro,

Ahoy There!

Let’s try something that just could turn you into a master gardener. Use your rewind buttons. We want to go back in time when you first began to hear about gardening cannabis sativa. Pot somebody called it, even today we have no clue as to why. The same hippie may have coined the most damaging term of all. Not from any traditional schools of botany, our probably long-haired friend witnessed the explosive growth after photoperiod adjustments and declared the plant goes into STRETCH.

tbc
Wait what? How can this be? :bongrip:

Ahoy There!

When we look at the plant thru the life cycles we have become conditioned to think of germination, vegetative growth, and flowering phases completing the cannabis life cycle. This is an accurate, but incomplete recognition. A fuller examination would include the development of pubescent trichomes. If you must, we could call it “pot puberty” when an immature cannabis plants genetic regulatory network (GRN) regulates the production of enzymes that will tell cells to become trichomes. It is fact that florigen is the signal that triggers the transition from vegetative to reproductive development in flowering plants. This juvenile phase to adult phase transition is an example of autonomous flowering pathways used by the GRN.

With accompanying scientific evidence supporting that the nodes, the roots, or both produce chemical signals (phytohormones) that travel to the GRN via the phloem triggering the floral transition are also affected by other plant chemical signals like gibberellins and environmental factors like temperature. Plant phytohormones influence growth and responses to environmental stimuli. The phyto’s GA, CK, JA all play a role in trichome formation.

The juvenile has no gonads (ovary/pistelor) and is certainly not ready for reproductive duties. After the development of the nads and enough foliar production ensuring photosynthetic sugars are available to build and support flowers and the associated drain on plant available resources has been verified by the GRN the cannabis plant will then be allowed to flower. Enough science for now!!!

So when we flip the lights (photoperiod adjustment) from 18 hours on down to 12 hours on we enter into plant puberty. Not stretch. This is an exciting time in your plant’s life. The building of a reproductively capable organism of Cannabis Sativa. The primary job of quickly turning immature boy/girl plant’s into mature adult male or female plant capable of genetically directed reproductive responsibilities. There is only one goal of any cannabis cultivar, the survival of the species as the creator intended. Big job if you ask me.

If gardeners approached this delicate and most critical period in plant development with a changed conscious of what is going on, we find the plants to be the true benefactor. Let them blossom before they bloom and you will be in better harmony with your plant’s. True Hobbitualness.

Any ?

Ahoy There!

When we look at the plant thru the life cycles we have become conditioned to think of germination, vegetative growth, and flowering phases completing the cannabis life cycle. This is an accurate, but incomplete recognition. A fuller examination would include the development of pubescent trichomes. If you must, we could call it “pot puberty” when an immature cannabis plants genetic regulatory network (GRN) regulates the production of enzymes that will tell cells to become trichomes. It is fact that florigen is the signal that triggers the transition from vegetative to reproductive development in flowering plants. This juvenile phase to adult phase transition is an example of autonomous flowering pathways used by the GRN.

With accompanying scientific evidence supporting that the nodes, the roots, or both produce chemical signals (phytohormones) that travel to the GRN via the phloem triggering the floral transition are also affected by other plant chemical signals like gibberellins and environmental factors like temperature. Plant phytohormones influence growth and responses to environmental stimuli. The phyto’s GA, CK, JA all play a role in trichome formation.

The juvenile has no gonads (ovary/pistelor) and is certainly not ready for reproductive duties. After the development of the nads and enough foliar production ensuring photosynthetic sugars are available to build and support flowers and the associated drain on plant available resources has been verified by the GRN the cannabis plant will then be allowed to flower. Enough science for now!!!

So when we flip the lights (photoperiod adjustment) from 18 hours on down to 12 hours on we enter into plant puberty. Not stretch. This is an exciting time in your plant’s life. The building of a reproductively capable organism of Cannabis Sativa. The primary job of quickly turning immature boy/girl plant’s into mature adult male or female plant capable of genetically directed reproductive responsibilities. There is only one goal of any cannabis cultivar, the survival of the species as the creator intended. Big job if you ask me.

If gardeners approached this delicate and most critical period in plant development with a changed conscious of what is going on, we find the plants to be the true benefactor. Let them blossom before they bloom and you will be in better harmony with your plant’s. True Hobbitualness.

Any ?
First I've heard it put that way Maritimer. Makes sense to me. The old school I went to said to let them have their "Stretch" "Pubescent Time" because they are setting bud sites for the future. So kind of on the same page there. I like the accuracy in the way you put it!

Ahoy There!
A breakthrough in my pain management has allowed the furthering of our gently enchanted science as it relates to helping folks produce stronger, and more medicine from most any strain they choose to garden. I got a full time assistant. :bongrip:

The process I call rezination will be put forth wherein we will first fool the plant into thinking she is being attacked by insects. Next, we will withhold fertigation for up to 11 days while monitoring accumulated wilt. At 50 degrees of wilt or 11 days of drought we fertigate the cultivar and proceed with a normal harvest.

The crew this run is a mixed bag of fine specimens featuring Stankberry from the Stank Genetics line. We are also running Sour Diesel, GG #4, and a local strain Strawberry Turnovers. The goal will be returns of rosin greater than 20%. No controls in place to declare this a study. sorry

Read along as we go if you catch the time. :)
you could try an aspirin (asa) foliar spray..as i have been experimenting with this as an immune booster in some varieties at the seedling stage to stave off damping off and spider mite attacks..in some..it has semmingly resulted in heavier early leaf strata and thicker stalks..if i reapply it at early weeks of flowering the plants have also to my records produce more resin ..stickier resins..the drought stages of pre harvest seem risky to overall production..but an inert foliar spray for a few weeks of "asa" have had no witnessed adverse effects on any plants i apply it to. Happy Experimenting!✌

Take that word (Stretch) out of your cannabis gardening vocabulary. So when we flip the lights (photoperiod adjustment) from 18 hours on down to 12 hours on we enter into plant puberty.
Also known as "stretch"! While I appreciate your detailed explanation of what the plant is going through before and during the flowering period, I don't see any reason not to call it stretch. Whatever the hormones are doing within the plant when it senses the lighting change, it certainly stretches.

And we use colloquial words for all sorts of scientific phenomena.

"Catch a small bit of interplanetary rock or debris called meteoroids vaporizing high in Earth's upper atmosphere" would never have been a hit for Perry Como. :)

And we use colloquial words for all sorts of scientific phenomena.

"Catch a small bit of interplanetary rock or debris called meteoroids vaporizing high in Earth's upper atmosphere" would never have been a hit for Perry Como. :)
uh huh :love:

Ahoy there
We are watching a problem and trying to make sense of it. I have a Critical Kush plant that I started about three weeks prior to the crew of CK. A total of 6 plant's and the first one looks great. Fat colas and healthy in her 7th week of flower on her third day of applied drought stress holding up great. The problem is she is not producing essential oils. No smell, and no sticky fingers. The other 5 CK plants are rezinating like there is no tomorrow and the aroma is smack dab.

I have read some very negative reviews on the strain and I wonder if there is a pheno issue wherein a plant does not produce essential oil sufficient for medicinal use? I will run her out like normal but think she is fodder.

Back
Top Bottom