Cannabis Rezination

Ahoy there!
We are feeling a bit confident our ABA extract has been successful. I think @InTheShed and I were discussing my need for a centrifuge. Utilizing a pneumatic die grinder and an air pressure regulator we were able to maintain somewhere between 500 - 700 rpm and the granulation of the retained solution tells me we hit pay-dirt. The leaves had been collected from an amazing specimen of American Sycamore after the period of drought last summer we experienced here in the Midwest.

The ABA will be then refined into an ester. This ABA ester will be used in combination with MEJA in future studies where I aim to fool the plant into thinking she is in drought, when in fact she is not. The trick will be balancing the hormonal cocktail.

I will need to summon my main man @StoneOtter as he may not yet be aware I have returned from zombie land. A pretty masseuses has put some spell on my back pain and I can function much better. :love:
Hey brother, I'm a believer in massage! Good to see you back expanding my mind. OH BUOY !

Hey Maritimer, so pleased that you’re feeling improved and started this journal - count me in! :ganjamon:
I am really glad to hear from you. I wanted you to know you can always pm me if I go down a while again with this back. When the back goes south my consumption flies north. so much so i am afraid to post being totally uninhibited. dont feel comfortable posting that heavily influenced. :)

Shiver me timbers, this looks interesting !
I think I have overly stressed plants in the past.

It will be good for me to pick up tips for my notes.
I currently have a screw through the base of a plant that will be getting the chop in a couple of days.

Good luck.
Ahoy there,
we sure remember your totally droughted lady
i think the recovery shot tells of the plants endurance.
wasn't she on a balcony or something?
unless i have my gardeners confused.
either way welcome aboard my friend.

Hey brother, I'm a believer in massage! Good to see you back expanding my mind. OH BUOY !
It is amazing what a woman 12 years younger than my main mast can do to put some turgidness back in my wood. :love:
Walk out of there with a smile that lasts all day. Mrs Maritimer not real hip to the gig. hah

Ahoy Stone,
The 5 northern seedlings we are running were from that batch that refused to germinate and was totally replaced by the seed bank. I used the 2019 willow brass for the soak bath prior to waterboarding.
Two days on the waterboard all 5 had +5 mm taproots. 5 for 5. I still have some of the classic seed stock you gifted. :hookah:

It is amazing what a woman 12 years younger than my main mast can do to put some turgidness back in my wood. :love:
Walk out of there with a smile that lasts all day. Mrs Maritimer not real hip to the gig. hah
Yeah , it' can be an issue. She'll come to understand how non sexual it is after some time and seeing you getting around better. Just keep the mask on :Rasta: when you can right now.
Ahoy Stone,
The 5 northern seedlings we are running were from that batch that refused to germinate and was totally replaced by the seed bank. I used the 2019 willow brass for the soak bath prior to waterboarding.
Two days on the waterboard all 5 had +5 mm taproots. 5 for 5. I still have some of the classic seed stock you gifted. :hookah:
Sweet! Maybe one day.

Ahoy there,
we sure remember your totally droughted lady
i think the recovery shot tells of the plants endurance.
wasn't she on a balcony or something?
unless i have my gardeners confused.
either way welcome aboard my friend.
I did an extreme defoliation and then went too far with the drought on a batch of Hulk Berry.
The few remaining leaves went a bit crispy !!!

Ahoy There,
Tomorrow we will be conducting a Methyl Ethyl Jasmonate (MeJA) foliar application in conjunction with a root zone application of Abscisic Acid (ABA). Because this here is a new thread I will do some explaining.

The MeJA is an ester we create when the phytohormone Jasmonate (JA) is combined with pure grain alcohol. A carbon molecule gets the boot and whallah. Cannabis plants synthesize JA that it uses to regulate and control the production of essential oils. When we spray MeJA on the plant we are antagonizing the JA Pathways. The antagonization of these pathways is sensed by the plants Genetic Regulatory Network (GRN) wherein most of the plants available resources will then be redirected to defend herself from the insect attack she now believes is underway. The cannabis plants will go into essential oil making mode (species survival genetics) with hopes a thick coating of oil will make it taste bad to the insects.

The timing of the application is critical and the root zone must be protected from overspray.

tbc

How about a rip first :bongrip:

Got to run to the hospital that is called a "covidable" nowadays to pick up ailing lil sister. I will post more explanations later.
Any questions feel free :love:

Shiver me timbers, this looks interesting !
I think I have overly stressed plants in the past.

It will be good for me to pick up tips for my notes.
I currently have a screw through the base of a plant that will be getting the chop in a couple of days.

Good luck.
Aye Captain D,
puttin the screws to her, pisses her plenty.
me ladies are ay bit big ya know,
holding back the bread & water aye,
pisses em bad as well we figures
they are real fond of eatin an drinkin

Tomorrow we will be conducting multiple Methyl Ethyl Jasmonate (MeJA) foliar applications in conjunction with a few more root zone application of Abscisic Acid (ABA). The AK-47, Gorilla Glue, Sour Diesel and of course the Stankberry will all be taking a shower tomorrow they will never forget.

The MeJA is an ester we create when the phytohormone Jasmonate (JA) is combined with pure grain alcohol. A carbon molecule gets the boot and whallah. Cannabis plants synthesize JA that it uses to regulate and control the production of essential oils. When we spray MeJA on the plant we are antagonizing the JA Pathways. The antagonization of these pathways is sensed by the plants Genetic Regulatory Network (GRN) wherein most of the plants available resources will then be redirected to defend herself from the insect attack she now believes is underway. The cannabis plants will go into essential oil making mode (species survival genetics) with hopes a thick coating of oil will make it taste bad to the insects.

The timing of the application is critical and the root zone must be protected from overspray. The exact sweet spot for initiating the timing varies slightly between Indica and Sativa and of course with the Hybrids you must identify the dominant species of each cultivar and run with that. We shoot for early in the sixth week of flower when fluorescent bracts are beginning to stack with Indica and with Sativa the eighth week. This will start the rezination process.

The root zones are protected as a bit of insurance. The effects of root zone applications of MeJA are not yet fully elucidated if even abstractly explored.

Next we will be discussing the effects of drought on cannabis, and how ABA plays a key role in delivering us the juice. tbc

Ahoy there!
We had a surprising level of success germinating some stubborn seeds using our 2019 Willow Brass so we have decided to give it a go against the last of the classic seeds gifted us by the @StoneOtter. We are also using it to soak a Bruce Banner Fem and a White Widow Fem. If any of the classics do pop we have a garden plan in place.

All the plants were treated with 150 ppm foliar MeJA today. My back willing we will get some scope shots of the trichome density and pistilate populations. This jazz is amazing stuff. They did a study using tomatoes and one meja treatment increased trichome density over 95%. When they treated a pine forest under insect attack the next season the trees were so resinous the bugs couldn't eat through it. On rice fields they are able to increase planting density due to the changes in shade avoidance the treatment solicits. Same holds with cannabis folks. One treatment and your off and running. :love:
tbc

Back
Top Bottom