Cannafan's Perpetual Grow - Where Everything Changes - Autos - Photos - Seeds & More!

Re: Cannafan's Perpetual Grow - Where Everything Changes - Autos - Photos - Seeds & M

DarkStar 1 has 3 cotyledons:

Darkstar_1_coteys.jpg

Still waiting on one to sprout, should be today. The third seed was stubborn, had to finally use some H2o2 in the water to get it cracked. Then the tap root just sat there and wouldn't move in the paper towel, started to brown. I stayed patient and it is now starting to creep out with fresh white color behind the brown. Looks like it will survive.

I now have two female White Widows in veg. The third one is still in seedling room, and that's my last hope for a male. The rest of my White Widow seeds are feminised from a self pollinated gal a couple years ago.

Re: Cannafan's Perpetual Grow - Where Everything Changes - Autos - Photos - Seeds & M

Did-ya-know.....a 3 cotyledon seedling is called "Whorled Phyllotaxy"?

It is common for these to grow three leaves instead of two, (from pics and posts I've been reading) but they apparently straighten out and grow normally as they mature.

Going to be fun to see what this does.

:circle-of-love:

"Your honor, Marijuana is not a drug. It's a plant. So, I'm not a drug dealer. I'm a florist."

:rofl:

Well, isn't that cute....Darkstar has 3 true leaves in there to go along with each cotyledon. :laugh:

darkstar_coteys_2.jpg

That I have never seen...it sure tells me how you can bring out the "special" in anything :circle-of-love:

Whorled Phyllotaxy, I have one growing at the moment.

Well, I'll have to come check that out. You got pics?
I'm wondering if the other two Darkstar seeds will do the same.

Your current journal in your siggy doesn't show as a link for me.

Edit: Now I see, the current journal line in blue means the link underneath that.

All the DS seeds I have popped to date were NOT like that....did your research talk about that....? Wondering if it is genetics or environment....

image37801.jpg
image37802.jpg

Next set its growing will also be the same.. It also has an 11 finger leaf that's five levels

image37803.jpg

All the DS seeds I have popped to date were NOT like that....did your research talk about that....? Wondering if it is genetics or environment....

I didn't run into any talk of more than one of the seeds doing it, so I can't say that for sure. I don't think that it stunts the plant or anything like that in any way, it straightens out after it matures a little from what I've seen and read. I did read one comment that suggested the yield on these might be slightly higher, but nowhere did I read anything negative on the yield.
It's going to be fine.

Environment would be interesting, all three are in the same soil and put on the kitchen window sill to sprout. We'll see what happens. :)

Only two cotyledons and first set are normal, from second onwards...

A lot can be males. Can't breed or clone for it..

A lot can be males. Can't breed or clone for it..

That is so interesting that yours started it after the first node instead of right away. I'm going to look around the net again tomorrow, this happens to plants other than Cannabis as well from what I saw. Maybe I'll come up with some good sound info on it.

There was another thread here on the mag that someone had one, but I'll have to see if I can find that again tomorrow.

:circle-of-love:

When I posted that name "Whorled Phyllotaxy" earlier today I challenged myself to say that 3 times fast and get it right. I made it to two and mucked it up.
Eh...these scientific names are just so strange. :laugh:

It's a funny word to say.. Just sounds silly..

Now I really want the new camera you got canna that thing is taking some wow pics for sure you can see the hairs on the stalk of the newborn. It's amazing and I gotta say that's a new one for me also I've seen 11 digits before stacked like that but never three cotyledons that's so cool

Ohioboy can't stop!! Ohioboy With Fast Buds - Let's See How Fast Exactly

Back
Top Bottom