Cannafan's Perpetual Grow White Widow-Master Kush Reveg & More! CFL's - LED - HPS

Re: Cannafan's Perpetual Grow White Widow-Master Kush Reveg and More! CFL's/LED/HPS

3 & 1/2hrs till show time.

Re: Cannafan's Perpetual Grow White Widow-Master Kush Reveg and More! CFL's/LED/HPS

Well, I'm thinking that I will probably ditch the hermied plant. Was considering letting it grow to collect some pollen, but if this happens to be a genetic issue then I don't want to take a chance on the pollen having that genetic in it.
So, in the trash it shall go!
The rest of the plants are doing nicely, I will have an update with pictures by tomorrow afternoon. The clones in the bubble cloner are still doing well, I will probably plant a couple of those tonight into Solo cups.
First thing I'm going to do is check the clones for the name/number to be sure I don't have one of the hermied mama. LOL

The reveg is still the same. I am going to move the LED lights up a bit again after the information I read on Reps are Right last night, it confirmed and verified for me that I want to raise those to get the light spectrums mixing properly before they reach the plants.
And I'm going to put my new seedlings under there too, and see how they do. Anybody think that will be a problem for the seedlings under the cheapy LED's?
Have a great day all!

Dang Cana... I just watched the weather and you need to move!!!!!!:passitleft::passitleft::passitleft:
Dennise....you have no idea how bad it is here. I am seriously worried that my roof is not going to take anymore for one....and there are a multitude of other issues going on because of the deep freeze and NEVER ENDING heavy snow fall.
This morning I have been looking for new States ideas to move to...yepper. I've had it with snow/cold/freezing/wood burning/propane/dangerous driving/... yadda yadda
so, that's that in a nutshell. LOL

So, yeah you are spot on there. :passitleft:

Good! Don't blame ya on the Colorado thing... To much of my fella's x there. Wish this state was like Co and Wa but is not even though I don't think it will be long. Seriously please be safe it does look quite miserable to me. I don't leave the house very often as it is I can't imagine ever leaving the house there.........:circle-of-love:

Last night on the Reps are Right we had asked how growers get their buds so neat and smooth and almost a "pressed" look to them. I have always wondered this and couldn't really get a solid method. Well, one of the methods was revealed and I am trying it out. I don't let any grass grow under my feet when I want to try something. (what good would "grass" do under my feet anyway?)
The method was using a food saver sealer system. I asked if it could be used on dried buds and the answer was yes. So here is my experiment to try it using one of my White Widow buds from my harvest:

Bud_dried_before_press.jpg

Bud_pressed.jpg

I will leave it in there a couple days or so and see what it looks like when I pull it out. I have an inexpensive food saver sealer, I think this would certainly work out better with one a bit more powerful than mine. But a test...is a test.

I have use the glad bags with the air pump thingy for years to keep different stash in so it wouldn't get all dried out and it works great. Now mind you I am sure you are correct and one of the real ones would most likely work better but really the pump works and it's pretty cheap.......:circle-of-love:

It's picture day. Here's the first of the day. Time to update what's going on with this grow.
I have planted one of the clones. I let the roots get a little longer in the bubble cloner than I have before, it's a long one. So I figured it's time to get it in soil. The rest of the clones I will leave a bit longer in the bubbler.

Clone_2_from_white_widow_4_roots.jpg

Planted and under the CFL's with the seedlings for the other grow.
This is clone 2 taken from the clone of mother plant White Widow 4 that is currently in flower.
Clone_2_from_White_Widow_4.jpg

I'll be heading down to the flowering room to get some pics later. Will upload those tonight. ;-)

Here's the update on Flowering plants:

Update_1-28-14.jpg

Update_3_1-28-14.jpg

Udate_2_1-28-14.jpg

I removed all of the LST chains and ties today. Tomorrow I will do some tucking of big leaves to get more light to the centers of the plants. There are a lot of bud sites in there I want to open up.

Cheap timers...a word of caution.
If you are going to absolutely positively depend on your timers for your lights and plan to be away for any extended period of time, do yourself a favor and buy GOOD timer. The $10.00 cheapy's can fail. I've read this at least 100 times since joining here...and it finally happened to me. (I'm not having a good day guys/gals. LOL)
When I went down to water/feed the HPS light was NOT on. Plugged in...but nothing running. It was plugged into the cheap timer.
I have no idea how long that had NOT been on today, but I know it was on yesterday...so I should be okay.
I unplugged the light from the timer and put it straight into the outlet and it works fine. The outlet built into the timer apparently decided to take a chit. I tested it with another light fixture plug...it won't work. This timer was bought when I first started my grow...so it sure didn't last very long.
Lesson learned.

Is Hydrafarm consider cheap timers? They're what I use, two mechanicals. Never had a problem but the first one I ordered was digital 7 never could get it to work.

Damn Canna.You are having a bad day.Sorry.I have been hearing that also.I run both my flowering light's on cheap timer's.I think it a sign to up grade.I do run my veg light's on Hydrofarm timer's tho.1 digital and 1 regular.
Just by pure coincidence, the subject of buying a cheap timer came up on another thread today. I held back on saying buy a really good one. Then BOOM! I have one take a crapola on me. LOL
I have some really expensive timers for outdoor garden and fountain lighting, I'm putting both of them in the grow areas tomorrow!

Is Hydrafarm consider cheap timers? They're what I use, two mechanicals. Never had a problem but the first one I ordered was digital 7 never could get it to work.
I have not personally looked into any others yet REG. I remember skimming through fleabay when I first started and opted out when I saw the prices. I can't help ya on that one. :-(

Oh, one other point just for the sake of covering the problem entirely, make sure the timer can handle the load that you are putting on it. The HPS' or HID's or whatever draw you are using electric wise. Those cheap timers don't like too much power coming through them.
They will have a rating or whatever you call it (Somebody help me on that term plz. LOL) on the back of the timer.
Don't want any fire hazards!!

Damn Canna.You are having a bad day.Sorry.I have been hearing that also.I run both my flowering light's on cheap timer's.I think it a sign to up grade.I do run my veg light's on Hydrofarm timer's tho.1 digital and 1 regular.

If I were you....I would use the cheapies in the veg area temporarily and use the good ones in flower. Lose a lot more if the flowering goes bad because of timer failure than the vegging...I would think. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom