Cannaruss' Adventures In Hempy Style

I have moved up to 1/2 strength on the veg room and full strength on the flower room. I just transplanted critical+ into its final 2gallon bucket home. OMG what a mess trying to transplant these things. From now on I will always start in a rapid rooter until well established roots then put rapid rooter in final hempy perlite bucket, that way no mess no fuss. Comments and questions are always welcome folks. Im loving these hempy buckets already.

I clone in a small hempy cloner using just perlite. It's a little messy when I move the bare root clones to the buckets, but it not a big deal at all. I do it in the back yard where I don't care about perlite or water spillage.

I clone in a small hempy cloner using just perlite. It's a little messy when I move the bare root clones to the buckets, but it not a big deal at all. I do it in the back yard where I don't care about perlite or water spillage.

Cool,, great info friends,, this is the part of the process, using hempies that is, this the procees part that I have not come to terms with yet

Cloning

I clone a lot, mostly actually, Seeds be very expensive, unreasonably so in my opinion, I am not bulging the bank account of anyone iffin I dont have to, so i clone a lot,, and i have been racking me poor brains about how to clone with hempies

I had thought about rockwool cubes, and either planting the whole cube in the perlite or even ripping the cube apart and getting down to bare roots to plant in perlite,, it can be done, the rockwool cubes pull apart relatively easily, leaving roots attached, maybe minimal damage

I thought about cloning in soil then removing, catefully, under water, the rooted clone from the soil, again, down to bare roots

I 'did not' think about cloning in perlite then removing rooted clone, again, down to bare roots, and repotting in more perlite

I was thinking there would be some playing with exposed roots no matter what, I have done that, does not scare me

What scares me is cloning in perlite,, never done that, but, I am going to give er a go right the ***k now,, that word is heck btw.

Thanks friends,, one more point maybe,, i have some half gallon pots, I am going to ducttape the holes and try these small pots, just cuz I have em,, but,, there will be a minimal amount of tape adhesive right up against my water reservoir, a bit o chemical release perhaps?

I actually have one hempy going right now,, with a clone I was rooting, and it had one skinny root on it, I planted it in the perlite, bigger pot, but not sure about its chances,, still kickin tho, after three four days in perlite, so,, maybe,, time will tell,, yep,, only time will

Cheers friends

Ooops, taped up half gallon pot leaking already, drawing board,, where you be?

I 'did not' think about cloning in perlite then removing rooted clone, again, down to bare roots, and repotting in more perlite

I was thinking there would be some playing with exposed roots no matter what, I have done that, does not scare me

What scares me is cloning in perlite,, never done that, but, I am going to give er a go right the ***k now,, that word is heck btw.

Easy.
Looks like this....

IMAG22022.jpg

IMAG22063.jpg

IMAG22103.jpg

Did a tutorial on my thread... page 129 and 122.

great info Tead. Gonna give it another week or two and I am going to be a cloning machine. Just ordered more Rapid Rooters, should be here Monday. Got me a giant bag of perlite and lots of SOG buckets. Hopefully I can get about a 95% success rate on my clones.

I did many dances with various types of cloning mediums and techniques.
In the end, the perlite cloning has been the only dance partner taken for a 2nd turn on the dance floor. I've just had really good luck with seed popping and cloning in the pure perlite... like 100% lately.
Those photos show Dinafem OGK clones. They totally suck to clone. Takes a month to get roots. The clones pictured lived a month in the perlite.

Best karma sent fer yer clones friend,, 95% success rate will leave you with 8.4 clones,, gonna be tough to keep the .4 one Goin,, but i think you got er beat.

Ha

I wonder iffin rapid rooters are similar at all to rockwool,, bet it works the same anyway. I have one plant, mamathai/thaistik that I have had problems cloning,, i need to try everything this time, it is my fav plant these days, rockwool, perlite, soil, what else???,, i have a home built bubble cloner too, might dig that out again,, cloning so spotty, sometimes great, sometimes great ghastly gobs of goopoo get given to me, goodness

I got a brand new perlite clone happening now,, first one I murdered,, with love,, will just use like this time,,

Cheers Conrad,, chat soon,,

Grow home

Good stuff Nivek. I have 95% rating in the rapid rooters. You should check em out. They are about 15 bucks on Amazon and they work really well. Dip the stem in some gel or powder and stick it about 3/4 way down the hole in the rapid rooter. Keep barely moist and in 10-12 days you should see roots. Sorry to hear about your clone dying in the perlite. I wish I had a bubble cloner, it would shave a couple days off the wait. Im glad you are loving your mama thai. I haven't had the best of luck with pure sativa, they can be difficult indoors IMHO. I would love to grow one outside though.

Btw,, i have a lemon skunk going as well,, a couple weeks from the flower room,, will be interesting to compare,, cheers

Back
Top Bottom