Cape Mountainside Bay Garden: Transkei Sativa Soil Grow

50w spotlights which I flower under as well when my tents in use and have no complaints about they flower they produce.
Thank you Smeegs. Much appreciated. If I understand you correctly here, you are saying that it is possible to flower under the spotlights in a pinch. This is promising to me as I don't have space for a dedicated veg and bloom. I won't be able to grow outdoors but I have a lot of light in the living room and I think can use window light during the day can't I, the same way that I did the balcony window weed? I looked at LEDS and found a set on Amazon but ja it will be a lot more expensive and I need to start with what little I have and build up. I will probably start with one or two plants at most. How many spots would I need for that? Would one suffice? Then, moving on from there, could you tell me how many hours of this light they will require for veg before I flip them, and how much time they need from this light to flower.

Thank you Smeegs. Much appreciated. If I understand you correctly here, you are saying that it is possible to flower under the spotlights in a pinch. This is promising to me as I don't have space for a dedicated veg and bloom. I won't be able to grow outdoors but I have a lot of light in the living room and I think can use window light during the day can't I, the same way that I did the balcony window weed? I looked at LEDS and found a set on Amazon but ja it will be a lot more expensive and I need to start with what little I have and build up. I will probably start with one or two plants at most. How many spots would I need for that? Would one suffice? Then, moving on from there, could you tell me how many hours of this light they will require for veg before I flip them, and how much time they need from this light to flower.

You can flower under spotlights in a pinch as you say... haha, yip let them grow in the window sun and by light to make up the rest..

Veg is 18/6 unless you do more hours vegging and flower is 12/12, whether you under spotlights or 3400k spectrum it's more important to control your dark hours ms. Carmen....

1 or 2 spots will do fine it all depends on how large your plant grows and what grow style you employ to make most use of the lights you have.....

I haven't tried autos in ages cause they either die on me or only grow a rulers length... hahaha

You can flower under spotlights in a pinch as you say... haha, yip let them grow in the window sun and by light to make up the rest..
Ok, so I looked at "spotlights" and there are a lot of different kinds. What kind of spotlight must I use? Sorry but I feel as if I am failing lighting 101 lol.

Update on LC-18 x Transkei and DWD. I don't know how to judge how much further they have to go. DWD has some seed, and LC-18 x Transkei seems to be almost completely seeded. Holly is in bags and curing.

DWD
DSC_4862-Edit.JPG

LC-18 x Transkei

DSC_4867-Edit.JPG

Bud from Holly

DSC_4890-Edit.JPG

DSC_4897-Edit.JPG

I don't know how to judge how much further they have to go.
I think it is pretty difficult to forecast exactly, you can only harvest when it is best for you and that may be precisely as predicted or it may not, to me the correct time is when they have reached the appearance that you want to see. Those stems you have drying look really superb and if it's any help, wonderfully judged!

I think it is pretty difficult to forecast exactly, you can only harvest when it is best for you and that may be precisely as predicted or it may not, to me the correct time is when they have reached the appearance that you want to see. Those stems you have drying look really superb and if it's any help, wonderfully judged!
Thank you Stunger, I really appreciate the positive feedback :green_heart:

I'd say take a small nug from tsk x LC-18 dry quickly and test it. Looks like she is about spent. Super airy but that's some sativa for you. DWD I would say has a week at least. Prob a little longer. Looks good though.
Thanks LR. I'll do that.

Whenever you do take them down I'm going to miss them. This has been such a beautiful grow to watch.
Ahh Shed, thank you so much.

You guys have been such a support and I have learnt a great deal more this season. I loved it. It has been a beautiful experience.

Carmen, all your plants look fantastic, I'm in love with your Pink Pistol DWD & the LC-18 x Transkei it's like Eye Candy ;) (Drooling)

Great job and best positive vibes for you.

Can't wait to see what your gonna post next...

Your photo & art are always Amazing

Carmen, all your plants look fantastic, I'm in love with your Pink Pistol DWD & the LC-18 x Transkei it's like Eye Candy ;) (Drooling)

Great job and best positive vibes for you.

Can't wait to see what your gonna post next...

Your photo & art are always Amazing
Thank you so much Cadboy.

"Seeing beauty in a flower could awaken humans, however briefly, to the beauty that is an essential part of their own innermost being, their true nature. The first recognition of beauty was one of the most significant events in the evolution of human consciousness. The feelings of joy and love are intrinsically connected to that recognition. Without our fully realizing it, flowers would become for us an expression in form of that which is most high, most sacred, and ultimately formless within ourselves. Flowers, more fleeting, more ethereal, and more delicate than the plants out of which they emerged, would become like messengers from another realm, like a bridge between the world of physical forms and the formless. They not only had a scent that was delicate and pleasing to humans, but also brought a fragrance from the realm of spirit. Using the word "enlightenment" in a wider sense than the conventionally accepted one, we could look upon flowers as the enlightenment of plants." ~ Eckard Tolle

DSC_2805-EditSIG.jpg

Shed thanks for asking : ) I ended up using the DWD and the LC-18 x Transkei for oil because they were both too badly seeded and the smoke was harsh. Holly produced a lot of bud and I am using the popcorn for meds and the rest for smoke. She's a lovely all day long, functional high, just what I remembered of the Transksei and very rewarding. Both the Wedding Cake and the Inzane produced loose buds but full of trichomes. The flower is sticky and resinous with characteristic terpenes. I'm very pleased overall. Goals for next season include trying to perfect bud quality. I will grow in fabric grow bags in LOS and I am going to follow what a local friend does with his plants as he seems to get amazing results. I am going to grow from clones next season because I have too small a grow area to worry about sexing. Oh, and the good news is the Ethos have released an auto Inzane! I might try an auto with two photos. Not sure... just thoughts at this stage........

Got the first of two Pfizer shots yesterday. They say it will take until 2023 to get poor countries vaccinated. I think that is optimistic given the current rates of vaccination. How depressing.

How's your grow? I must head over and see what's happening with the Tin Can Kush et al.

Thanks for the update...it sounds like the wonderfully productive end it was heading for when last we spotted it! Next year sounds like it's going to be a blast, so when you get started drop a link here to your new journal.

Congratulations on the first of two sticks of Pfizer!!! :yahoo: There's not much us mere mortals can do about the places vaccines aren't available (other than vote for the correct people), so I try to take solace in what's happening with my neighbors and friends.

I'll post some TCK pics later today!

:thanks:

Back
Top Bottom