Carestaker's - Hybrid LED / HPS Powered 4x4 - Various Strains

Completely forgot about the Bay11 component. :volcano-smiley: I read that it is sativa, but it's genetics looks indi heavy. Weird. Maybe they backcrossed somewhere. Anyway, their genetics look incredible so far. The CL seeds were huge and a pearlescent stiped purple brown. Best seeds I've ever seen. :circle-of-love:

Yeah, you're right...seems sometimes a strain is listed by breeder as S or I dominant but lineage/genealogy doesn't add up. ??? Those fat striped seeds are always a treat to see when seeds arrive. Happy Holidays CareStaker!

Merry Xmas CareStaker

Thanks for the reference CS. It was a good read. It's funny cause that curled up basil plant on that site is exactly how my basil plant looked in my first grow that was in the winter when humidity is really low. They stole the pic right out of my head :laughtwo: Now I know what that was all about. I really need to find a way to get my RH up too before this next go. My RH is only in the 20s this time of year.

You can boil off large pots of water to raise the humidity in your building.

UPDATE

Toddlers are 3 week from sprout; pictures are from yesterday. They are a bit more stretchy than I'd like, due to humidity, lighting and genetics. I most often use CFLs to veg two or three plants at a time, but with six, I needed the coverage of the LED, and I was worried about hitting them with too much light, since they were only 9 days old. I started at 36", and am now down to 22". It's cool, they are still only ~5-8" as a group. I did top the more leggy girls, and am waiting to see what they others want to do.

Babies were alseep so they are mopey. They know when the sun is supposed to come up.

CL1, Born, 12/10 Topped 12/28.

She looks like she wants to be big, so I topped her to open her up, and to sit her down in her pot a bit. I waited till today, and then pinched out node one (N1) lateral branches, so that she has just N2 and N3 shoots, so four main branches. (pic is from yesterday, N1 shoots still intact)

CL113.jpg
CL1-1.jpg

CL2, Born, 12/10 Topped 12/28

Totally different pheno. She looks like CL1, but has more serrations on her leafs and they are fatter. She's thicker in the middle too. Hopefully she grows out of the weird leaf thing. Fingers crossed.

CL213.jpg

BD, Born, 12/10 Topped 12/29 (saved for clone)

Love the leafs this plant builds. I hope to get a nice pheno. Really liking the HSO stuff. Lot's of people (not 420Mag) made sour posts about HSO it seems, but they are the best plants of this run so far. BD has this unique aqua tint to her greenery - that doesn't pick up in the pix. Very healthy plant.

BD56.jpg

ASD, Born, 12/10

Really liking her structure, and growth haibt. She's really thick in the stem, her leafs are usually taught, shiny, thin and supple, but stand at attention when the light is on. Very fuzzy stem, and stinks like herbish baby poo already. She has a little spot on one of her leafs - I literally drooled on her. :love:

ASD-1.jpg
ASD1.jpg

HG69, Born 12/11

Slow, and a bit thin, but building great leafs, and looks like she will be on the smaller side. So far, she's looking easy and compact.

HG69.jpg

Kush, Born 12/11

I dropped a plastic cover (light dome) on her as a seedling, and she lost a leaf and has a scratch or two. Doesn't seem to care much.

Kush33.jpg

Tent is 7' tall and 55'' square, (3) 100w LEDs currently. May supplement with CFL soon.

IMAG36321.jpg

I've been letting the plants dry out for the last 4 days with no water. I'm going to water today before they get too dry. I'll also give them their first feed. Today I will apply Growology Step2 at 1/4 strength, with B52 (vitamins), VooDoo (root benes), CaMg at 4ml/gal.

When this feed dries out, I'll up-pot them into their final 3gals. They are all hooked into the soil with some good roots now, so I expect them to take off. The CL may go 12/12 early, if they start to look like they are going to be trees. Peace and love! :peace::Namaste:

Beautiful youngsters CareStaker. Perfect green...so healthy. FWIW, my LED mfr. told me to start seedlings at 36". All lights different but that wasn't working at all. I ended up ~15", which seems to be working well in my setup. Very stocky & stacked.

:thanks: Brightlight! Thanks for your tips too, I may lower them even more. I've looked at your light, and it is very impressive. Larger arrays of single-die chips are the way to go IMO. Better distribution and overall penetration in certain designs. Anyway, just riffing off the cuff. I'm at 22'' now, but might drop to 18" if they need more stacks. I'm getting excited to see what they will be. I've never grown any of these, I just like their parents :)

That sounds like a great suggestion KJC. You would get heat and humidity coming from that. Perfect for winter time. I won't be able to try that in my situation though. I don't have a range or anything I can boil the water with in my basement. I'll probably just pick up a small humidifier. It's a small 5' x 15' room.

You can boil water in one room and if you have heat ducts and cold air returns in both room the humidity in your grow area will also increase.

huge UPDATE

Plants are 10 days older than the last shots, 9 days since last update.
They all turn 1 (month) today! :circle-of-love:

RH has been over 45% consistently, and they have all been potted into 3 gallon fabric pots 1/8/15.
FFOF soil has been amended with Mycos, Azomite, 20% additional perlite, Dolomite, powdered humic acid.

These 3 gallons though, are much significantly larger than the SmartPot 3 gallons I've been using. By using these larger '3 gallon' pots, I'm getting a lot more room for roots and soil. It's exactly 4 gallons dry to the top of the lip, so I'd say I have about 3.5 gallons dry in there. They were about half the price too.

There are two measures for 'gallon' in the US, one for dry, one for liquid.

#3 SmartPot
742in³ = 2.76 US gal dry
742in³ = 3.21 US gal liquid

#3 Gro-Pro
1074in³ = 4.6494US gal liquid
1074in³ = 4.00US gal dry

Ken's Candyland, CL1, Born, 12/10 Topped 12/28, final pot 1/8

Great smelling plant, nice spread on her leafs. This girl (still waiting, but pretty sure from size) is the one without the leaf issues. Seems like she might get big when she fills up this 3-4 gallon pot with roots. When I repotted her, the roots were some of the best that I've seen so far. I tried to take some photos, but my phone was dead, and I was in a hurry. As always, I used my cellphone for the pics. One day, I promise, I'll get a stand alone camera. :hippy:

CL2-3.jpg
CL2-2.jpg
CL2-1.jpg

Ken's Candyland, CL2, Born, 12/10 Topped 12/28, final pot 1/8

She's a bit smudgy in how she has built her first sets of leaves. She did grow out of it at first, but after I topped her, she reverted to the smudging, but she's seemingly past it again. There has been some note of this in some grow journals, and it's suspected that it's genetic. If my plant is the same as the others with this issue, it is supposedly the most potent pheno. She also appears to be female! She's got a small calyx at her node....just waiting for a pistil to pop out! New growth looks normal. :love:

CL1-11.jpg
CL1-2.jpg
CL1-4.jpg

BD, Born, 12/10 Topped 12/29, final pot 1/8
Love, love :love: this plant. Her leafs are thick, cool, and velvety. They shine, and are a bit iridescent. I am a huge fan of how these HSO plants are growing. One of her N2 branches is a bit shorter than the others, but I've been pinching some leafs, and will start tying her up a bit. I'll Veg for about another 1.5-2 weeks. She's going to be pretty big I'm guessing. She reminds me of some great plants, with how she grows her braches and leafs. Such color, shine, robust branching, leaf posture, and finger attitude - where they are all deeply cupped with huge ribs underneath. She's starting to stink a bit too. I'm hoping for some easy sledding - and postive vibes! :surf:

BD72.jpg
BD57.jpg
BD410.jpg
BD312.jpg
BD215.jpg
BD117.jpg

Master Kush, Born 12/11, final pot 1/8

Short and easy little thing, great symmetry. Hoping for some stretch, haha! I may top her before the flip, I'm not sure yet. I'm going to need to keep a couple of these plants small, as it's looking like there will be 6 fems all together.

Kush112.jpg
Kush210.jpg

HolyGrail69, Born 12/11, final pot 1/8

She's got great color and leafs. She's looking like a nice hybrid. I'm not going to top her, as I think all of these plants are female, and a few of them might get bid, so she can stay smallish. :) If I like her smoke, I'll grow her out larger.

HG691.jpg
HG69-2.jpg
HG69-3.jpg

HSO Amherst Sour Diesel, Born, 12/10, final pot 1/8
It's a toss up for Belle of the Ball .....BD or ASD. This girls has a FAT stem, and some huge leafs for her age. She is almost without a mark on her, just a spot here or there near the tips (FE/Mn) maybe from too high an initial soil pH. The pH will lower as the Dolomite is consumed, and the nutes start accumulating. Smell is pretty strong of skunk, weed, and dog-poo. I really need to get the carbon going. I'll tip her soon above N7 or N8, and will then just let her go when I flip. She's about 10" high, and about 16" wide. Pale green, expansive leafs. She's all about the vigor, a pleasure to watch.

ASD4.jpg
ASD11.jpg
ASD2.jpg
ASD6.jpg
ASD5.jpg
ASD3.jpg

Peace and love!

McD's
Doesn't get much healthier than those girls Carestaker.

Beautiful, healthy start CS:thumb: Sounds like you have a couple good Candyland phenos. Good luck with them. Hope they turn out for ya. BD and ASD sound and look perfect. Keep it up bro.

:surf: Thanks brother, just tryna keep up with the rest of y'all...everyone's killin it!
I'm exited to see your next run of strains; you're about three weeks behind me. I wish I ran some of Sannies stuff, and a CBD strain, but I'm a total strain strumpet :yummy: :cheer:

I kicked on the 400w HPS tonight to speed things up, and to test and adjust the vent system before flower.
I left (2) of the LEDs running on Blue/Veg mode. It's stupid bright in there for Veg. :)

I'll slightly restrain each of the four limbs on three of them tomorrow, BD, and (2) CLs. The rest won't be trained at all, but I might top some of them. About 8-12 days or so till the flip, and I don't know how these are all going to fit, but we are going to find out. I really think some of them are going to go completely nuts, I can't wait. :cheer:

:peace:&:love:

:surf: Thanks brother, just tryna keep up with the rest of y'all...everyone's killin it!
I'm exited to see your next run of strains; you're about three weeks behind me. I wish I ran some of Sannies stuff, and a CBD strain, but I'm a total strain strumpet :yummy: :cheer:

:laughtwo: strain strumpet :laughtwo: Me too man. Me too. I keep going to all these seed sights knowing damn well I don't need any more for at least a couple years.:laughtwo: There is just one I want to get now though and its all your fault. I got to grow me a Spicy White Devil this year or I'm gonna go crazy. And of course if I order that strain then I'll have to order others or I get robbed on shipping.:helpsmilie: Some one restrain me.

:laughtwo: strain strumpet :laughtwo: Me too man. Me too. I keep going to all these seed sights knowing damn well I don't need any more for at least a couple years.:laughtwo: There is just one I want to get now though and its all your fault. I got to grow me a Spicy White Devil this year or I'm gonna go crazy. And of course if I order that strain then I'll have to order others or I get robbed on shipping.:helpsmilie: Some one restrain me.

There's no helping us, we took the Red pill.
Inner dialog is something like .... "If I just spend 50 pounds more, I get more free seeds".... hahaha! :volcano-smiley:

Back
Top Bottom