CBD Joy: A Community Garden Experience

I'll tell you how Sweet Sue told me how to decarb. She said take your bud put it in a large turkey roasting bag and clamp the end so nothing escapes. Preheat the oven to 225 degrees Fahrenheit and place the bag in the oven for 110 minutes. Then remove the bag and place it in the freezer for 1 hour. The freezing part will allow the terpenes to stay in the cannabis. After the hour is up it's okay to open the bag and start making oil with it. I have a magic butter machine which works great but before I got that she told me to place the decarbed bud in a mason jar and poor some type of oil preferably grapeseed oil or olive oil until it covers the cannabis. Put the lid on the Mason jar and place it in the oven at 200 degrees Fahrenheit for 8 hours shaking it vigorously every hour if possible. After the 8 hours is up pull it out of the oven and let it cool so you can work with it. Once it cools enough that you can handle the jar, strain the Cannabis from the oil. Right now I can't remember the name of the product that I used to strain with, but what works better than what she suggested is purchase a 1 gallon paint strainer from a local paint store or hardware store. They are very tough and can be squeezed on without ripping. Pour the solution through the strainer into a bowl squeezing really hard to get all the oil out. There will be a little bit of fine residue left but that doesn't hurt you at all. I dispose of the remaining cooked cannabis but I've heard other people re cook it or smoke it or something but I don't do that. I then dispense that oil into double zero capsules and use those at night for relaxation and sleeping. I do this with a Indica strain. You could do the same with a sativa for daytime relief or just to get stones without having to smoke.

The formula she told me is 3.8 grams of bud, half cup grapeseed oil. You can double or triple up on both numbers to make a bigger batch if you want or come up with any combination you want. I would recommend writing down what you use in case your formula is too strong or too weak you can adjust it next time. If it's too strong you can use less oil in the pills or add more grapeseed oil to the already infused oil to dilute it some.

Evening everyone :love:

I’m at dinner with a neighbor, and we’re discussing a study they heard of that suggested the optimal therapeutic dose for CBD hovered around the range of 400 mg/day.

Has anyone here found that to be true? @Amy Gardner , I was thinking if you in particular.

I’ll check back later. It’s rude to post when I’m a guest :battingeyelashes:

Craziness! But seriously, for what condition? My response would be that the optimum CBD dose is whatever turns out to be optimum for that person or condition.

Honestly - i am using about 20mg per day. I often wonder what would happen if I experimented with high doses and will do that one day, when I have plenty of jars full!

I really think that given the nature of the plant and the human and the very nascent stage that the research is at, that statements like that are to be made very loosely, if at all :)

I really think that given the nature of the plant and the human and the very nascent stage that the research is at, that statements like that are to be made very loosely, if at all :)

:laughtwo: This was why I asked. Lol! When I find this mysterious study it’ll likely be for a company selling CBD oil at a high profit margin.

It’s time to eat. :cheesygrinsmiley:

It occurred to me yesterday that we’re an unusual community in that we pay attention to things like the mgs available in the dose we’re taking, when we take that dose, and what effects we get. We pay closer attention than most, with the intent to fine-tune a personal regimen.

Most people I meet are simply smoking to take the edge off. The years ahead will be a series of marvelous discoveries as the rest of the world discovers that cannabis is so effective as food and can be so easily dosed to control a multitude of disease states.

I’m excited about the possibilities. I’m sure those of you standing with me feel the same way. What a glorious time to be alive, eh? :cheesygrinsmiley:

Both works great

I love the smoke,minimal buzz, well thc buzz, but more energetic buzz

Oils or capsules work really well too

Higher dose is good for sleep aid, but can also have opposite effects for some

Just try it all..see what works best for you

Out of curiosity, what are you looking to tackle with CBD? Some conditions are better served by different delivery methods from others.
I'd like to provide myself with sleep aid or aches and pains. More on the sleep side though. I have severe insomnia unfortunately. There's times I want to relax ( couch locked ) without feeling the high from THC. Also my fiancee smokes rarely but when she does she gets very paranoid to many strains.

Some folks get good sleep from CBD, others find it more stimulating, so you'll have to see how you react (everyone's endocannabinoid system is different!). @Preston9mm makes CBD/melatonin gummies to help his wife get a good night's sleep.

I'd start by smoking it and see what it does to you (very good for anxiety), but the anti-inflammatory properties of CBD will mean that you will be taking it as either a tincture, oil, or edible, as it needs to be ingested over time for those to kick in.

CBD modulates the paranoia some people get from THC, so a hit of high CBD weed will take the edge off that, and so will smelling and chewing peppercorns, which share some of the terpenes with CBD strains.

A benefit of a straight CBD strain (as opposed to a 2:1 or 1:1 etc) is that you can combine it with a high THC strain and make a custom blend that suits different needs at different times.

Some folks get good sleep from CBD, others find it more stimulating, so you'll have to see how you react (everyone's endocannabinoid system is different!). @Preston9mm makes CBD/melatonin gummies to help his wife get a good night's sleep.

I'd start by smoking it and see what it does to you (very good for anxiety), but the anti-inflammatory properties of CBD will mean that you will be taking it as either a tincture, oil, or edible, as it needs to be ingested over time for those to kick in.

CBD modulates the paranoia some people get from THC, so a hit of high CBD weed will take the edge off that, and so will smelling and chewing peppercorns, which share some of the terpenes with CBD strains.

A benefit of a straight CBD strain (as opposed to a 2:1 or 1:1 etc) is that you can combine it with a high THC strain and make a custom blend that suits different needs at different times.
Thank you. I've gotten to smoke some strain of CBD but I don't know much about it. I got a very relaxed feeling from it without the high itself. It was an odd but very meditating feeling. I actually dropped a couple regular seeds in hope to collect some pollen for the strain I'll be growing in hopes to pollinate a few buds. My fiancee likes to smoke but it's hard for her to find something that works for her. We are a family that don't believe narcotics are the solution to broken bones or terminal pain. I also am a very heavy smoker so it's why I choose to start growing my own. I don't look to sell my own but I'll make a few bucks if my buddy needs something. I've never done any kind of extracts and so forth so it'll be a learning experience for me .....but....I won't learn if I don't try it. So basically I want to grab the bull by the horns and see how much I've been missing instead of popping a handful of Tylenol or some other pill.

Thank you. I've gotten to smoke some strain of CBD but I don't know much about it. I got a very relaxed feeling from it without the high itself. It was an odd but very meditating feeling. I actually dropped a couple regular seeds in hope to collect some pollen for the strain I'll be growing in hopes to pollinate a few buds. My fiancee likes to smoke but it's hard for her to find something that works for her. We are a family that don't believe narcotics are the solution to broken bones or terminal pain. I also am a very heavy smoker so it's why I choose to start growing my own. I don't look to sell my own but I'll make a few bucks if my buddy needs something. I've never done any kind of extracts and so forth so it'll be a learning experience for me .....but....I won't learn if I don't try it. So basically I want to grab the bull by the horns and see how much I've been missing instead of popping a handful of Tylenol or some other pill.

Get an Instant Pot for oil infusion

Works fantastic,and is great for cooking too

So basically I want to grab the bull by the horns and see how much I've been missing instead of popping a handful of Tylenol or some other pill.

Topical oils are underutilized and under appreciated until you try them. That Instant Por Chris recommended is the easiest way I know to make infused cannabis oils, which can then be dosed in many ways to relieve your pain.

Back
Top Bottom