Chief's 2nd Try: Kindsoil Round 2

Thanks man. I thought about something like that just didn’t know where to get it

I'm going to use an old refrigerator rack (small). Low enough not to take much vertical space(which I don't have much of).

I'm going to use an old refrigerator rack (small). Low enough not to take much vertical space(which I don't have much of).
Yep I definitely understand with the scrog it allows me to control my height but I still want more height lol. I’m sure I will find a thin grate soon for my next run

Yep I definitely understand with the scrog it allows me to control my height but I still want more height lol. I’m sure I will find a thin grate soon for my next run

Oh, I plan to do some major S&M on my plants (LST). I must because I have no extra height. I may need to go with a taller tent in the future. Not sure about scrog with a dwarf....

Subbed in for the results.....

Just for technical information. If you want to prevent root growth through the bottom of a fabric pot, the bottom must be able to dry. It needs to sit on a grate or something with very little surface touching. Roots will grow through fabric which stays wet.

I'm not an expert or experienced, I just pass along information I've read, and believe.

Hey Bonsai, thanks for stopping in and I always appreciate technical info and I'm semi wired that way. As a matter of fact I do have a plastic grate with four legs holding the fabric Root Pouch about 3 inches above a large plastic dish that will hold runoff until sucked out. I'm considering after seeing how high this grow goes in flower, raising the dish high enough and putting a hole with a cork in to for draining. Put the cork in water, pull the cork out and drain for disposal in a smaller cup.

Hey Bonsai, thanks for stopping in and I always appreciate technical info and I'm semi wired that way. As a matter of fact I do have a plastic grate with four legs holding the fabric Root Pouch about 3 inches above a large plastic dish that will hold runoff until sucked out. I'm considering after seeing how high this grow goes in flower, raising the dish high enough and putting a hole with a cork in to for draining. Put the cork in water, pull the cork out and drain for disposal in a smaller cup.

I saw that grate. Did you get that at your grow store?

So it’s watering day and I thought I’d do an quick update. The cookiehoe is getting big I’m not sure if it’s best to defoliate but I went ahead and cut everything that was covering bud sites. Don’t think I’ll be doing much more until after the stretch finishes.

The Mountain Grapes doing well finally showing baby pistols. I’ll get better shots later.

Awesome Share, I will be watching your progress very closely on this. It appears that my flip will be a week to 10days after yours, unless I get real impatient. I am going to be coming back to check these pictures of before and after the defol. You have certainly shown some skills that I need to learn. Thanks

Awesome Share, I will be watching your progress very closely on this. It appears that my flip will be a week to 10days after yours, unless I get real impatient. I am going to be coming back to check these pictures of before and after the defol. You have certainly shown some skills that I need to learn. Thanks
Thanks man I’m just learning as I go. And from looking at everyone’s else’s. That’s why I have the Mountain Grapes with no net. Nvr grown plant without the net I kinda like how they grow without the scrog but I think you’re supposed to get better yields with scrog in small spaces

I was impressed from the beginning with the idea of a SCROG from everything I had been reading. The whole LST idea appealed to me, but this screen idea seemed to be the easiest. I'm looking forward to higher yields hopefully, especially with two of the Mini's lights in place. I measured the par today at plant height and got between 650 and 700 almost every everywhere in my tent at about 20 inches below the lights.

With the 1 QB I have decent coverage I have my other China light in there but when I turn it on my temps shoot to 88 prob higher if I keep it on. Normally my temps are around 78 -81. I think I’m going to get another QB because they pretty much put off no heat. But I was thinking about getting a couple COBs. Not sure what I want to do yet. They also have a small QB for 2x2 veg light that pretty decently priced. I kinda want that also but we will see.

I know you looked in on my grow, but I had this late add this evening and wanted to ask what you thought with regards to doing a little Defoliation.

Do you feel I would benefit from removing any of the excess, and if so what type of growth should I remove?

I know you looked in on my grow, but I had this late add this evening and wanted to ask what you thought with regards to doing a little Defoliation.

Do you feel I would benefit from removing any of the excess, and if so what type of growth should I remove?

From my experience my canopies have been super dense. So not much light gets below the scrog. So I pretty much cut most of the growth about an inch or so below the Scrog. Like today when I came in there were a bunch of leaves that looked unhealthy below the scrog so I cut them. Last time everything below the scrog were baby nugs and had lots of leaf. The trimming was ridiculous so I want more nugs less Larf or small buds. From what I understand if you are going to do a big defoliation it’s best to do it a few days before flower and then again after the stretch is over to uncover any bud sites.

I haven’t completely trimmed everything below but here’s a pic I hope you can see what I mean I know the picture isn’t great.

You're girls are lookin great Don! Like your scrog setup something like that would be fun in my little tent.
Also can you share any info on your QB? Been browsing around too see if I could benefit from one.

You have the Cree COBs. I wouldn’t change anything if I had those. But the QB is good only 120 total watts will cover a 2x2 but I need another one to cover my 2x4. They also have a 60 watt veg light that will cover a 2x2 and that’s what I want for my veg tent. I really like them coming from china blurples.

I have this kit pretty much but I only bought the light and heat sink from them.
135W QB LED Kit

You have the Cree COBs. I wouldn’t change anything if I had those. But the QB is good only 120 total watts will cover a 2x2 but I need another one to cover my 2x4. They also have a 60 watt veg light that will cover a 2x2 and that’s what I want for my veg tent. I really like them coming from china blurples.

I have this kit pretty much but I only bought the light and heat sink from them.
135W QB LED Kit

Yeah the Cree's are working great, just always looking at ways to upgrade the spectrum. Maybe add some more reds for flowering? Bummer they stopped selling their 100w kit.

Yeah the Cree's are working great, just always looking at ways to upgrade the spectrum. Maybe add some more reds for flowering? Bummer they stopped selling their 100w kit.

I’m not sure if you keep up with all the new tech that comes out but I’m trying to wait to buy my QBs for the new Growmau light. That is what I would upgrade the COBs for. I finally saw on Instagram the preorder is in 2 weeks I’m trying to be on that list lol

I’m not sure if you keep up with all the new tech that comes out but I’m trying to wait to buy my QBs for the new Growmau light. That is what I would upgrade the COBs for. I finally saw on Instagram the preorder is in 2 weeks I’m trying to be on that list lol

Funny you bring them up, just watched his video this morning with my wake and bake. Heres goes my tax refund

Edit: saw the specs he put out. looks good -- $50. 100w , 48v , 2100ma. Works with Rapidled 140mm pin heatsinks & substrate rails.

Funny you bring them up, just watched his video this morning with my wake and bake. Heres goes my tax refund

From what I was reading they are only $50 each. I will be trying to preorder 2 of them for the flower tent and still get the 60w QB for my veg tent

Back
Top Bottom